Windows 10: Hiding Titlebars of open windows

Discus and support Hiding Titlebars of open windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any way to hide the titlebar of any window using a hotkey combination or something like that? I have found a way to do it for explorer and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/n4hte, Nov 17, 2019.

1. /u/n4hte Win User

Hiding Titlebars of open windows

Is there any way to hide the titlebar of any window using a hotkey combination or something like that? I have found a way to do it for explorer and some programs using AHK but it doesnt work with metro apps and programs that have their own custom titlebars (eg Chrome). Specifically I want to hide the titlebar of Windows Terminal: https://github.com/microsoft/terminal

submitted by /u/n4hte
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/n4hte, Nov 17, 2019

2. Hide taskbar in Windows 10

• "Properties" no longer appears when a user right clicks the task bar. Please update your instructions
    • To get auto hide to work, I had to open the Settings page, shut off the "Hide" choice, close Settings, then open the control panel again and follow steps 2 and 3 in the first list above.
    I hope this helps others.

TomJEdwards, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Hiding Titlebars of open windows

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Hiding Titlebars of open windows

1. Hiding Titlebars of open windows - Similar Threads - Hiding Titlebars open

2. Remote Desktop UWP - titlebar in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop UWP - titlebar in fullscreen: I have a question about using Remote Desktop UWP app in fullscreen. When I move cursor to upper corner the title bar appears and it covers content of remote window. Is there any way to disable this behavior - don't show title bar or show it always without covering content of...
  3. Double click on titlebar should minimize window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Double click on titlebar should minimize window: Hi, Mac works like this (if configured) you can double click on the titlebar and this minimizes the window. Do you know a tool that makes Windows 10 work the same way? submitted by /u/MikeMitterer [link] [comments]...
  4. chrome titlebar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    chrome titlebar: hi, my chrome titlebar is way too thick. i mean the bar with the tabs inside. is there a way to get it thinner. like in explorer or so ? greets gunter submitted by /u/rtl33 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/equgdy/chrome_titlebar/
  5. XP titlebar for windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    XP titlebar for windows 10: Hello! Does anyone know how i can get the Windows 10 Title bar to be the XP titlebar? i am making my pc look like XP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xp-titlebar-for-windows-10/c2564649-fb58-42d9-879b-d8e4253a89bb
  6. Taskbar/Titlebar transparancy level?

Taskbar/Titlebar transparancy level?: So I just tried out ClassicShell on Win10 and although I didn't like it, it has a nice option which allowed you the control the level of opaque/transparancy on the taskbar. However ClassicShell changes a ton of things that I do not want so I was wondering if it was...
  7. Notification Flashes the Titlebar

Notification Flashes the Titlebar: Some time ago I ran across an item in Settings that said something like, "Flash the Titlebar when notification occurs but now that I want to try it out I can't find it. It might have been Taskbar rather than Titlebar. Can someone give me hint? Thank you. 67177
  8. Broken Titlebars

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken Titlebars: What's going on in this pic? [img] So my display driver crashed and restarted, but the titlebars remained broken. If I'd click on the titlebar and drag (as I'm doing to waterfox), it'd show an Aero titlebar. What? Did MS just leave some W7 styles in by accident or...
  9. How to force proper Windows titlebars and borders for ALL windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to force proper Windows titlebars and borders for ALL windows?: Why do certain windows in Windows 10 have no decent title bar and no borders? E.g. "normal" windows have a title bar and a visible border that changes to the "active" color when that windows receives the keyboard focus. But other windows (most notably example: Outlook 2013)...
  10. Settings Window Titlebar shows wrong title

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings Window Titlebar shows wrong title: Hi I have a strange problem; the Settings window's title bar shows "Uninstall VeraCrypt" not "Settings" its been that way through insider builds and I was hoping would change when I opted out and went on to the anniversary edition, but no! See image [img] Any help...