Windows 10: high contrast deactivates redline in Word, cell customization in Excel, etc.

Discus and support high contrast deactivates redline in Word, cell customization in Excel, etc. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; High Contrast mode is the only way I can find to customize my screen, font, & other colors in Windows 10. However, when High Contrast is on,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NancyFleischman, Aug 7, 2021.

1. high contrast deactivates redline in Word, cell customization in Excel, etc.

High Contrast mode is the only way I can find to customize my screen, font, & other colors in Windows 10. However, when High Contrast is on, redline/track changes does not function or at least appear on screen in colors to be usable and cells cannot be customized in colors in Excel. The only way to make these useful functions work is to turn off High Contrast.Is this just something one must live with or is there a work around?

:)

NancyFleischman, Aug 7, 2021

2. EXCEL high contrast mode

Hello.

You can turn off the high contrast mode with left shift + ALT + Print screen.

I don't think there is a way to excuse EXCEL from running in high contrast but let everything else do it.

Zackary Vanosdol, Aug 7, 2021
  3. inghambri Win User
    EXCEL high contrast mode

I I turned on high contrast by mistake. FOund out onw to und this and it sor of worked. In my EXCEL worksheet it is still high contrast... and unuseable. RIght here I cannot see what I am typing as the font is white and I cannot change it.

What can I do?

inghambri, Aug 7, 2021
  4. high contrast deactivates redline in Word, cell customization in Excel, etc.

File Explorer Selective High Contrast mode

Hello Kacson, my name is Paul one of the community experts. I am sorry that you are having issues with your visual settings that is stuck in High Contrast Mode.

Kindly try these steps to check if it can resolve the issue.

Way 1: Turn High Contrast off via keyboard shortcut.

Press left Shift+left Alt+Print Screen to instantly turn it off.

Way 2: Turn off High Contrast through changing the theme.

Step 1: Enter theme in the search box and click Change the theme in the result.

Step 2: Choose a new theme from the offered themes excluding the High Contrast themes.

Way 3: Turn High Contrast off in High contrast settings.

Step 1: Type high contrast in the search box and tap High contrast settings in the result.

Step 2: Click the High Contrast theme (i.e. High Contrast #1, High Contrast #2, High Contrast Black or High Contrast White), choose None in the pop-up list and then hit Apply.

Please let me know if that above information's helped or not.

Regards,

Paul_Mykel, Aug 7, 2021
Thema:

high contrast deactivates redline in Word, cell customization in Excel, etc.

1. high contrast deactivates redline in Word, cell customization in Excel, etc. - Similar Threads - high contrast deactivates

2. Using the custom high contrast theme, some words or icons cannot be seen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using the custom high contrast theme, some words or icons cannot be seen.: Those words and icons cannot be seen. They seem like they are same color with my background, which is black. However, when I go to settings try to edit, there is no options for me. So I cannot edit anything. For example, the words are not visible in the bar. there are icons...
  3. Using the custom high contrast theme, some words or icons cannot be seen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using the custom high contrast theme, some words or icons cannot be seen.: Those words and icons cannot be seen. They seem like they are same color with my background, which is black. However, when I go to settings try to edit, there is no options for me. So I cannot edit anything. For example, the words are not visible in the bar. there are icons...
  4. High contrast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High contrast: Hi, i wanted to change my high contrast settings and i went to custom settings and accidentaly changed all the things like background, text all of that stuff to white and now all my screen is white and i can't change it back and can't use the computer normallyPls help!...
  5. Microsoft word Excel PowerPoint etc..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft word Excel PowerPoint etc..: Hello can someone please help me.I just finished resetting my computer with the option keep personal files.But when it finished I noticed that microsoft word , Excel, PowerPoint and other have disappeared.I know that they have been removed from the computer through the...
  6. Outlook.Live.com/ Word, Excel, etc.

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook.Live.com/ Word, Excel, etc.: Hi all. One of the e-mail accounts I have is the webmail of Outlook.Live.com I originally created this e-mail account years ago when Windows 10 was first about to launch. As I'm sure many of you will remember, when Windows 10 first launched, they said if you had a current,...
  7. High Contrast

in Windows 10 Customization
    High Contrast: I have a vision issue. Viewing webpages in High Contrast mode makes it much easier on my eyes. I demo software online for my job. When doing this I can not demo in high contrast mode because I need the customer to see what they are buying. I have tow monitors. Is it possible...
  8. deleted word, excel, etc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    deleted word, excel, etc: hello there, just today my partner reset the computer, so we lost everything including our word, excel package. can you help me?? and tell me how to put it back on our laptop Thanks...
  9. coping text from a excel cell to another excel cell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    coping text from a excel cell to another excel cell: I am trying to copy text from one excel to another excel cell automatically on the same worksheet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/coping-text-from-a-excel-cell-to-another-excel/5a272c74-33e6-457c-82f8-3ae3196e8f81"
  10. EXCEL high contrast mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    EXCEL high contrast mode: I I turned on high contrast by mistake. FOund out onw to und this and it sor of worked. In my EXCEL worksheet it is still high contrast... and unuseable. RIght here I cannot see what I am typing as the font is white and I cannot change it. What can I do?...