Windows 10: High contrast/defender

Discus and support High contrast/defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; has the issue with high contrast and defender been resolved i'm out at sea agian just checking 107251 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dmesal, Apr 1, 2018.

1. dmesal Win User

High contrast/defender

has the issue with high contrast and defender been resolved i'm out at sea agian just checking

:)

dmesal, Apr 1, 2018

2. Windows Defender Security Centre crashes when using High Contrast

I am a visualy impaired user and use High contrast however I am unable to open Windows Defender Security Centre while using High contrast, I have tested this on multiple computers with the same result. The program won't open and just crashes when trying
    to load it from settings.

JB Coldyron, Apr 1, 2018
  3. AnApostle Win User
    Behavior of WIndows Defender After Windows 10 Version 1709 Upgrade ...

Eureka! The answer is a bug with my High Contrast display

and the new 1709 version. In the non-high contrast display

my Windows Defender has no problem showing the Virus &

Threat Protection Settings. Here is where someone else had

a similar problem:

windows defender security center dosn't start correctly - Windows 10 Forums

PA Bear thanks for your help (Proverbs 25:2).

AnApostle, Apr 1, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

High contrast/defender

I've just checked for you. No, in 16299.334 Defender still opens with a blank screen in High Contrast #1

Bree, Apr 1, 2018
  5. Edwin New Member
    WD is not blank in High Contrast here...

High contrast/defender [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    What build do you have? Which High Contrast theme are you using, 'High Contrast #1' or 'High Contrast #2'? Only 'High Contrast Black' and 'High Contrast White' seem to work in 16299.334.

High contrast/defender [​IMG]

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
  7. Edwin New Member
    Build 17639.1000
    'Digital Art' High Contrast Theme

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
  8. Bree New Member

High contrast/defender

You are on an Insider skip ahead build (which will one day lead to version 1809) plus you are using a custom high contrast theme. Either or both of those facts would explain why it works for you.

This has been an ongoing problem for @dmesal since getting the Fall Creators Update last October, when I first investigated this for the OP.

The conclusion then was that, for the four standard high contrast themes built into the 1709 retail build either of the first two (High Contrast #1 and High Contrast #2) would case Defender to crash. Testing today with the latest 16299,334 build, Reliability History shows that it still does.
    The other two (HC Black & HC White) do work, but don't meet the OP's visual preferences. As before back in October...

windows defender security center dosn't start correctly - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

The only change any cumulative update has made since October is that in HC#1 or HC#2 Defender doesn't crash immediately, but will now do so if you try to find any of its controls on the 'blank' window then click on them.

It would be interesting if any Insider with the release preview of 1803 could test to see if this has been fixed for the Spring Creators Update, due to be released this month. It won't help dmesal while still out at sea (I suspect data charges would be prohibitive) but it would be something to look forward to on return to dry land.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
  9. dmesal Win User
    Wow I'll check on the update if avail around the 15th gotta find descent wifi in Guam

Many Thanks to all

dmesal, Apr 5, 2018
  10. Under 16299.334, #1 and 2 won't open, but the 2 others are working. In all cases, the old UI works: MSASCui.exe.

MikeMecanic, Apr 5, 2018
  11. Good news, it works normally under 17133.1.

You should be able to upgrade by next week.

Edit: Upgrade (setup.exe) or clean install.

MikeMecanic, Apr 6, 2018
  12. In my experience with this problem, a workaround is make a theme with the white color of text, and black for the background:

Window=0 0 0

WindowText=255 255 255

While the other values should be freely customizable.

Pallocchio, Apr 7, 2018
Thema:

High contrast/defender

1. High contrast/defender - Similar Threads - High contrast defender

2. High Contrast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Contrast: high contrast has been turned off, but some applications are still on, and there is no solution anywhere, not even on the official website, except for drivers and whatever, everything has been updated, and how do I know my drivers are not compatible, windows is forcing me to...
  3. High Contrast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Contrast: high contrast has been turned off, but some applications are still on, and there is no solution anywhere, not even on the official website, except for drivers and whatever, everything has been updated, and how do I know my drivers are not compatible, windows is forcing me to...
  4. High contrast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High contrast: Hi, i wanted to change my high contrast settings and i went to custom settings and accidentaly changed all the things like background, text all of that stuff to white and now all my screen is white and i can't change it back and can't use the computer normallyPls help!...
  5. High contrast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High contrast: Hi, i wanted to change my high contrast settings and i went to custom settings and accidentaly changed all the things like background, text all of that stuff to white and now all my screen is white and i can't change it back and can't use the computer normallyPls help!...
  6. Stuck on high contrast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on high contrast: So I accidentally turned on high contrast mode and so I turned it back, now everything is fine except some right-click menus and the uninstall program list seems to have a weird light background and white text. I tried restarting and tried changing the theme and changing dark...
  7. High Contrast

in Windows 10 Customization
    High Contrast: I have a vision issue. Viewing webpages in High Contrast mode makes it much easier on my eyes. I demo software online for my job. When doing this I can not demo in high contrast mode because I need the customer to see what they are buying. I have tow monitors. Is it possible...
  8. high contrast feature

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high contrast feature: online banking drops off when using high contrast option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-contrast-feature/7c7f7af5-a670-4562-b263-cd0f1951663c
  9. high contrast settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    high contrast settings: Is there a way to get normal color setting without high contrast just like windows 98 SE. 125154
  10. High Contrast Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    High Contrast Mode: I turned on high contrast mode. Now it won't change back to normal mode no matter what I do. I tried selecting None in the dialog box for high contrast mode and all the other modes. Nothing works. Help please! 9661