Windows 10: high contrast is turned off but it's still active in excel - help please!

Discus and support high contrast is turned off but it's still active in excel - help please! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; high contrast is turned off but it's still active in excel - help please!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MIKELAWTON1, Dec 6, 2018.

1. high contrast is turned off but it's still active in excel - help please!

high contrast is turned off but it's still active in excel - help please!

:)

MIKELAWTON1, Dec 6, 2018

2. how to turn off high contrast

Hi,

Follow these steps on how to turn high contrast mode on or off in Windows:

• Type "high contrast settings" in the search box, and then select High contrast settings from the list of results.
    • Under Choose a theme, select a high contrast theme from the drop-down menu, and then select Apply.
    • To turn off high contrast mode, select None from the drop-down menu, and then select Apply.
    • To turn high contrast mode on or off from the sign-in screen, select the Ease of Access button in the lower-right corner and choose High Contrast.
    • To turn high contrast on or off from the keyboard, press left Alt + left Shift + Print
      Screen.

Keep us updated with the result.

Marvin Barc, Dec 6, 2018
  3. EXCEL high contrast mode

Hello.

You can turn off the high contrast mode with left shift + ALT + Print screen.

I don't think there is a way to excuse EXCEL from running in high contrast but let everything else do it.

Zackary Vanosdol, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Darshan J Win User

High Contrast Will Not Turn Off

Hi Emily,

To help you better please provide us with the below information.

What is the make and model of your computer?

Which build is currently running on your computer?

What troubleshooting steps have tried to resolve the issue?

I would suggest you refer to the below article and Post, check if it help in addressing your issue.

Turn on high contrast mode

How do you turn off High Contrast on Windows 10?

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Darshan J, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

1. high contrast is turned off but it's still active in excel - help please! - Similar Threads - high contrast turned

2. EXCEL high contrast mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    EXCEL high contrast mode: I I turned on high contrast by mistake. FOund out onw to und this and it sor of worked. In my EXCEL worksheet it is still high contrast... and unuseable. RIght here I cannot see what I am typing as the font is white and I cannot change it. What can I do?...
  3. High Contrast screen...

High Contrast screen...: Is high contrast all that's available....if not, how do I get out of it ? 13788
  4. Turning off High Contrast

Turning off High Contrast: My grandson turned on high contrast a few days ago. I was able to get it turned off but yesterday it came back on and I can't turn it off. It's rather annoying and makes some screens difficult to read. I have tried changing the theme in ease of access settings, then...
  5. High Contrast Themes in W8.1 and W10

High Contrast Themes in W8.1 and W10: I have made a brief outline on how to apply high contrast themes in W8.1 and W10. In W7 the technique is different. High contrast is a big advantage for those like me who have a reduced vision. The outline is at my One Drive. Because of the setup I chose, it would have...
  6. Defender still not playing nice with High Contrast settings/desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender still not playing nice with High Contrast settings/desktop: Good Day All just curious is MS going to ever fix the problem of trying to get to the defender setting panel while the system is using High Contrast setting on the desktop? i know about reverting to normal desktop settings and then reverting back but really over two months...
  7. High Contrast Theme Problem

High Contrast Theme Problem: After about 4 weeks of windows 10 I'm still dealing with visual clarity issues. I have bad eyesight, so I'm forced to use high contrast themes. If I use a regular 10 themes, type fonts are very grey and I cannot adjust the brightness or contrast to my liking. I've tried...
  8. High Contrast Theme Font Change

High Contrast Theme Font Change: I have to use HC themes because normal windows 10 themes are washed out and light grey text for me. The problem is I cannot change the font size, which is 9 point size for everything. I was think 10 point. A reboot does not help. Is it because of the HC theme ro...
  9. High contrast/defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    High contrast/defender: has the issue with high contrast and defender been resolved i'm out at sea agian just checking 107251
  10. High Contrast Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    High Contrast Mode: I turned on high contrast mode. Now it won't change back to normal mode no matter what I do. I tried selecting None in the dialog box for high contrast mode and all the other modes. Nothing works. Help please! 9661