Windows 10: High Cpu and Disk usage at idle and beyond.

Discus and support High Cpu and Disk usage at idle and beyond. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, not the best with this type of thing so hoping someone will help me out. My PC has off and on ran a choppy fps right from the go. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichaelPanda, Feb 11, 2019.

1. High Cpu and Disk usage at idle and beyond.

Hi everyone, not the best with this type of thing so hoping someone will help me out. My PC has off and on ran a choppy fps right from the go. I've had the computer for about a year and never really cared but now I would really like to get to the bottom of it. My search has led me to notice that if i check my task manager while idle, my cpu usage is often 30-40% and my disk usage shoots up to 100% every so often. I've seen that 100% disk every now again is not necessarily awful so I've focused my attention on the cpu usage. I can post a screenshot of when its idle so you can check it out but the processes that seem to be doing the most damage are; Antimalware Service Executable, Service host: Superfetch, Cortana, and Radeon Settings: Host Application. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

:)

MichaelPanda, Feb 11, 2019
  2. nikhilr51 Win User

High CPU Usage at Idle

Hey guys, recently my W10 PC seems to be using a fair bit of CPU. I noticed this because my Battlefield 1 fps appeared to have dropped. First thing I did was roll back my nvidia drivers to the previous version, but then I noticed my cpu usage. I seem to be using 35-45% cpu usage at idle. I've never seen it go below 35% (In safe mode its around 2-3%).

Things i've tried:
    - Sfc scannow at boot (it found & fixed a few things)
    - chkdsk /f at boot
    - Stuff from here: Windows 10 High CPU Usage Fixes
    - Superantispyware scan

Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction!
    Thanks!

High Cpu and Disk usage at idle and beyond. [​IMG]

nikhilr51, Feb 11, 2019
  3. fadi Win User
    High cpu and disk usage

after updating the wifi driver it seems that it's now normal.

This is sample from windows update there is a very long list and I didn't notice any update failure.

4. High Cpu and Disk usage at idle and beyond.

High CPU Usage and High Disk Usage on Windows 8.

Hello, i've got problem with Windows 8. Yesterday, i've installed cleaned Windows 8, and i've got High CPU Usage and High Disk Usage. How can i fix this problem?

Extremor200, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

High Cpu and Disk usage at idle and beyond.

1. High Cpu and Disk usage at idle and beyond. - Similar Threads - High Cpu Disk

2. High CPU and Disk usage by "Click to Run"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU and Disk usage by "Click to Run": Hi: My laptop (Dell Precision 7520, Win10 Pro) was just brought to a grinding halt by MS Click-to-Run. Something called Superfetch or Supercache was also pigging out - just caught a glimpse of it. It completely locked me out, couldn't even force a quit or restart with the...
  3. High CPU usage due to System and System Idle.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage due to System and System Idle.: With the Diagnostic Policy Service running and its companion Diagnostic Execution Service I get a consistent 67-73% CPU usage depending what other tweaks are made to the system. With just System (ACPI.sys) and System interrupts usage falls to ~40%. The biggest help was Pci-E...
  4. CPU/DISK high Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU/DISK high Usage: hello guys, I have a Laptop MSI GL72 6QD since 2 days ago i started having some problems with high usage of cpu/disk/gpu more than as the usual. the game i used to play is a mmo but it just started happening from nowhere . [ATTACH]...
  5. CPU Usage HIGH

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Usage HIGH: Hello guys good day, any idea about my problem with windows 10 pro 64bit. i notice this high cpu usage after changing my usb keyboard to ps2. . when i was using usb keyboard , i never encounter this problem but my keyboard wont funtion anymore. so i change it to a PS2...
  6. High cpu and disk usage

High cpu and disk usage: Hi everyone I have an old Acer laptop. It has the issue of consuming high levels of disk and CPU when applications are running. I tried to do windows 10 reset, but the issue still exist. Thanks in advance 82730
  7. high cpu usage

high cpu usage: Since upgrading from windows 7 to 10 my pc has been slowed down to a crawl by periods of very high cpu usage. A major culprit, but not the only one, is local security authority process. This makes the laptop overheat , reduces battery life and slows work to a crawl. I have...
  8. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: Hi All, Running Windows 10 Pro x64 Just noticed a lot of lag on my online game when I was logging into it. I closed it and noticed my computer was slow responding. I opened Task Manager to see CPU was 90% I looked to see what was causing this and did notice the Service...
  9. High CPU Usage

High CPU Usage: Hi. I have a problem with my laptop since yesterday. Something invisible is using very high cpu usage. I said invisible because it didn't show in task manager and process explorer. It all comes when I was browsing some pictures in Google and downloading YouTube videos...
  10. High CPU Usage at Idle

High CPU Usage at Idle: Hey guys, recently my W10 PC seems to be using a fair bit of CPU. I noticed this because my Battlefield 1 fps appeared to have dropped. First thing I did was roll back my nvidia drivers to the previous version, but then I noticed my cpu usage. I seem to be using 35-45% cpu...