Windows 10: High Cpu and Disk usage at idle and beyond.

Discus and support High Cpu and Disk usage at idle and beyond. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, not the best with this type of thing so hoping someone will help me out. My PC has off and on ran a choppy fps right from the go. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichaelPanda, Feb 11, 2019.

1. High Cpu and Disk usage at idle and beyond.

Hi everyone, not the best with this type of thing so hoping someone will help me out. My PC has off and on ran a choppy fps right from the go. I've had the computer for about a year and never really cared but now I would really like to get to the bottom of it. My search has led me to notice that if i check my task manager while idle, my cpu usage is often 30-40% and my disk usage shoots up to 100% every so often. I've seen that 100% disk every now again is not necessarily awful so I've focused my attention on the cpu usage. I can post a screenshot of when its idle so you can check it out but the processes that seem to be doing the most damage are; Antimalware Service Executable, Service host: Superfetch, Cortana, and Radeon Settings: Host Application. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

:)

MichaelPanda, Feb 11, 2019
  2. nikhilr51 Win User

High CPU Usage at Idle

Hey guys, recently my W10 PC seems to be using a fair bit of CPU. I noticed this because my Battlefield 1 fps appeared to have dropped. First thing I did was roll back my nvidia drivers to the previous version, but then I noticed my cpu usage. I seem to be using 35-45% cpu usage at idle. I've never seen it go below 35% (In safe mode its around 2-3%).

Things i've tried:
    - Sfc scannow at boot (it found & fixed a few things)
    - chkdsk /f at boot
    - Stuff from here: Windows 10 High CPU Usage Fixes
    - Superantispyware scan

Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction!
    Thanks!

High Cpu and Disk usage at idle and beyond. [​IMG]

nikhilr51, Feb 11, 2019
  3. fadi Win User
    High cpu and disk usage

after updating the wifi driver it seems that it's now normal.

This is sample from windows update there is a very long list and I didn't notice any update failure.

4. High Cpu and Disk usage at idle and beyond.

High CPU Usage and High Disk Usage on Windows 8.

Hello, i've got problem with Windows 8. Yesterday, i've installed cleaned Windows 8, and i've got High CPU Usage and High Disk Usage. How can i fix this problem?

Extremor200, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

High Cpu and Disk usage at idle and beyond.

1. High Cpu and Disk usage at idle and beyond. - Similar Threads - High Cpu Disk

2. High cpu usage while idle.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High cpu usage while idle.: So for a while, I have been noticing that my CPU usage has been extremely high while idle. I have tried using commands such as DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth andsfc /scannow, and have also tried a malware scan on multiple antiviruses Avast, Malwarebytes, Windows...
  3. high CPU and disk usage

high CPU and disk usage: My laptop has been with this problem for days in which sometimes the programs do not respondor they take a long time to respondI already restored windows and I still have the same problemthe cpu reaches 70%and disk 100%...
  4. High CPU Usage at idle - Unarchiver running

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High CPU Usage at idle - Unarchiver running: For some reason, when I leave my computer at idle, I can hear the fans on my rad spin up. I have a rainmeter skin that shows my top process at it reads "unarchiver" with my CPU idling at about 50c and running at full clock. What's weird is that when I start up task manager,...
  5. System Idle Process High CPU Usage

System Idle Process High CPU Usage: I had a Windows 7 Professional and then thought about upgrading to Windows 10 since Windows 7 is coming to end. When I upgraded to Windows 10 i got a random Blue Screen. My PC restarted i opened Task Manager and there it is 100% CPU Usage non-stop. Its really annoying i read...
  6. High CPU and Disk usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High CPU and Disk usage.: My 3 year old PC suffers from high CPU and Disk usage. If one is normal the other goes up to %100. This continues for more than a year. I cleaned my PC, changed the thermal cooler of the CPU, resetted the whole system but still couldn't get rid of the problem. The weird...
  7. High Idle CPU Usage System Interrupts

High Idle CPU Usage System Interrupts: I know EVERYONE asks "wait, what is this process, how come I'm idling with high CPU usage?!" but I have exhausted all internet solutions I can find here, and I work in IT. My server at home is an old Lenovo E32 with an i5 4590S, 12GB of DDR3 1600, an EVGA 500W G3 PSU, a GTX...
  8. CPU/DISK high Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU/DISK high Usage: hello guys, I have a Laptop MSI GL72 6QD since 2 days ago i started having some problems with high usage of cpu/disk/gpu more than as the usual. the game i used to play is a mmo but it just started happening from nowhere . [ATTACH]...
  9. High cpu and disk usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High cpu and disk usage: Hi everyone I have an old Acer laptop. It has the issue of consuming high levels of disk and CPU when applications are running. I tried to do windows 10 reset, but the issue still exist. Thanks in advance 82730
  10. High CPU Usage at Idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU Usage at Idle: Hey guys, recently my W10 PC seems to be using a fair bit of CPU. I noticed this because my Battlefield 1 fps appeared to have dropped. First thing I did was roll back my nvidia drivers to the previous version, but then I noticed my cpu usage. I seem to be using 35-45% cpu...