Windows 10: High CPU and low GPU usage

Discus and support High CPU and low GPU usage in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys I recently bought my laptop Acer nitro 5 And I have a ryzen 3550h mobile cpu and a gtx 1650 GPU .....and whatever game I play on uses 100% of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/babadhiven, Jul 21, 2020.

1. High CPU and low GPU usage

Hey guys I recently bought my laptop Acer nitro 5 And I have a ryzen 3550h mobile cpu and a gtx 1650 GPU .....and whatever game I play on uses 100% of cpu and 20 -50 % GPU ....and I get less frames as well ...plz help me on this

submitted by /u/babadhiven
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/babadhiven, Jul 21, 2020

2. CPU and GPU usage high, fps drop on games

Hi. I usually have around 100fps at Player Unknown Battlegrounds and my CPU usage is normal. From a month or so I get fps drops like 50-100fps and game feels laggy.

Also, when I open the task manager the CPU and GPU usage is really high around 90, 80% and then suddently drops to normal values like 5%.

I checked igfxupdate.exe Windows process - What is it? but it doesn't resolve it.

I noticed that a service svhost is very high on usage, what can I do?

Thanks in advance.

AntónioAires, Jul 21, 2020
  3. BecWeb Win User
    Processor Speed is High / CPU Usage Low

I have an I5-3570k @ 3.4GHz but upclocks to 3.8GHz with the turbo mode.

Whilst 'idle' I have checked my processor multiplier in CPU-Z, ASUS AI Suite, Real Temp CPU monitor and it is stating 3800MHz. The CPU usage in task manager waivers between 3% and 5% and yet the multiplier stays high.

In Windows 7 it would downclock to 1600MHz when 'idle'. Now it just stays at 3800MHz.

Why is the processor staying at this high frequency 1) With low usage 2) Much higher than Windows 7?

EDIT: Solved this by going to the power settings. It was set on bitsum power management or something like that so I set it to balanced.

BecWeb, Jul 21, 2020
  4. High CPU and low GPU usage

high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

High CPU and low GPU usage

1. High CPU and low GPU usage - Similar Threads - High CPU low

2. High cpu and ram usage low gpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu and ram usage low gpu usage: Hello, I have got my girlfriend a rx 580 8gb with her i3 10100f, which is pretty good. However, games are performing worse than when she had a gt 710. Even Mimecraft goes on low fps. Besides that, she got only 1x8 of ram, which pc only uses 6gb as max dk why, When I open any...
  3. High cpu and ram usage low gpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High cpu and ram usage low gpu usage: Hello, I have got my girlfriend a rx 580 8gb with her i3 10100f, which is pretty good. However, games are performing worse than when she had a gt 710. Even Mimecraft goes on low fps. Besides that, she got only 1x8 of ram, which pc only uses 6gb as max dk why, When I open any...
  4. High cpu and ram usage low gpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. High cpu and gpu usage strikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu and gpu usage strikes: So when I am playing fortnite my cpu and goubusage strikes high but it doesn't reach 100% and i get huge fps drops when that happens or sometimes and get random fos drops but huge ones...
  6. High cpu and gpu usage strikes

High cpu and gpu usage strikes: So when I am playing fortnite my cpu and goubusage strikes high but it doesn't reach 100% and i get huge fps drops when that happens or sometimes and get random fos drops but huge ones...
  7. High GPU usage on roblox and low cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High GPU usage on roblox and low cpu usage: I have no idea why, but roblox suddenly is using my GPU than my CPU. I have a AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz, 16.0 GB RAM, and a RTX 3060...
  8. High GPU usage on roblox and low cpu usage

High GPU usage on roblox and low cpu usage: I have no idea why, but roblox suddenly is using my GPU than my CPU. I have a AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz, 16.0 GB RAM, and a RTX 3060...
  9. dwm.exe High GPU and CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dwm.exe High GPU and CPU Usage: Hello, so I have recently installed Windows 11 on my laptop, everything was running fine but it started acting up when I set to OS optimized defaults in the bios. note, my laptop specs are AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.30 GHz 8.00gb I think it might be...
  10. dwm.exe High GPU and CPU Usage

dwm.exe High GPU and CPU Usage: Hello, so I have recently installed Windows 11 on my laptop, everything was running fine but it started acting up when I set to OS optimized defaults in the bios. note, my laptop specs are AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.30 GHz 8.00gb I think it might be...