Windows 10: High CPU and memory usage on few programs open.

Discus and support High CPU and memory usage on few programs open. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently bought a surface laptop 2 on Christmas and ever since I got it, my laptop has been constantly freezing and have received a few BSoDs as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by patricktapil, Jan 4, 2019.

1. High CPU and memory usage on few programs open.

I recently bought a surface laptop 2 on Christmas and ever since I got it, my laptop has been constantly freezing and have received a few BSoDs as well. I checked my task manager to see what was going on and noticed that the "system" process has an average of 10-13% of CPU usage even though I have no other programs open. I have also noticed that my ram is always on the high percents. Based on this task manager, these "service hosts" process are taking a big chunk of memory each, ranges about 2-5%, I've done so much research on this issue and none of them work so far and end up freezing again every few hours.

Here are my specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-825OU CPU @ 1.60 GHz

8GB RAM

Windows 10 Home

1809 Version

OS Build 17763.195

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor.

High CPU and memory usage on few programs open. 2273842d-4459-4e3a-bf08-1f471ee575cc?upload=true.png

:)

patricktapil, Jan 4, 2019

2. high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, Jan 4, 2019
  3. DenetteBoyd-King, Jan 4, 2019
  4. High CPU and memory usage on few programs open.

Memory usage is excessively high while no programs are open

Here are screenshots of the task manager and performance monitor:

High CPU and memory usage on few programs open. [​IMG]

High CPU and memory usage on few programs open. [​IMG]

I am also receiving memory warnings now.

Windows 10 User, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

High CPU and memory usage on few programs open.

1. High CPU and memory usage on few programs open. - Similar Threads - High CPU memory

2. svchost high memory and cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    svchost high memory and cpu usage: SVCHOST ha made my gaming pretty bad, im running on Asus laptop with a gtx 1070 and i7 8750H.Heres where the problem comes my fps is very high on almost all games but my fps drops to 20-40 in every minute or so, in windows it ranged to 5-20 fps but the fps goes from 144 to 1...
  3. svchost high memory and cpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    svchost high memory and cpu usage: SVCHOST ha made my gaming pretty bad, im running on Asus laptop with a gtx 1070 and i7 8750H.Heres where the problem comes my fps is very high on almost all games but my fps drops to 20-40 in every minute or so, in windows it ranged to 5-20 fps but the fps goes from 144 to 1...
  4. High memory and cpu usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    High memory and cpu usage: Never had this happen to me before. My memory and cpu usage is higher than normal, task manager says that my memory usage is 60% on idle. It's usually about 20 or 30, my cpu is 10% on idle and it spikes to 60 sometimes. When I open a game or browser they get significantly...
  5. MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe High CPU and Memory usage

in Windows 10 News
    MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe High CPU and Memory usage: [ATTACH]If MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe or Microsoft Edge Content Process is causing a high CPU or Memory usage issue, here is how you fix the issue. Although this problem mainly occurs in Windows 10, you can encounter the same in Windows 11 as well. It appears due to corrupt system...
  6. High CPU usage & Memory leak

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage & Memory leak: Hello, I've a leak memory and high CPU from lanmanServer and System ntoskrnl.exe. The system ntoskrnl.exe is on 19%-20% CPU usage all the time and the Lanmanserver is starting from 40MB RAM and will continue until the Memory usage will be full and eventually the machine...
  7. Very high memory usage, no programs open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very high memory usage, no programs open: Task manager claims that 95% or more of my ram is being used, but the values for each program adds up to under a gigabyte. Any help? submitted by /u/Currall04 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gv9fos/very_high_memory_usage_no_programs_open/
  8. High CPU, Memory & Disk Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU, Memory & Disk Usage: Hello Microsoft! I am new to post here so please don't kill me if I am doing wrong things here. I am in dire need of some tech support. I am becoming upset of what is happening with my laptop now. It responds so slow and often displays "not responding". My works were already...
  9. Memory usage is excessively high while no programs are open

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory usage is excessively high while no programs are open: I've been dealing with this issue for about a month now... Basically, my memory usage is very high (92% or so) while I have no programs open. I assume this is due to Windows background processes, but I am afraid to end one of them in case I mess something up. I have 6 GB of...
  10. High CPU usage - System and Compressed Memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU usage - System and Compressed Memory: Hello everyone , well, for a while I 'm having problems with locking while I surf the internet after five minutes browsing the facebook the browser begins to catch and is impossible to do anything , I noticed that this occurs when the system and compressed memory reaches 15%...