Windows 10: High CPU/GPU Temps

Discus and support High CPU/GPU Temps in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I've noticed high CPU/GPU temps when my watercooler pump and fan are maxed out and all the fans are maxed out currently I only have a browser open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Wh1t3, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Wh1t3 Win User

High CPU/GPU Temps

Hi,

I've noticed high CPU/GPU temps when my watercooler pump and fan are maxed out and all the fans are maxed out currently I only have a browser open and my temps are as follows:

High CPU/GPU Temps [​IMG]

What is also concerning is currently my GTX 1070 is only powering the 2 monitors(Not any games) and it's really hot and the fans only seem to be spinning extremely slow considering I have them on Max.

My PC also makes quite the noise, like a constant buzzing noise the CPU is not even under heavy load at the moment and the noise is constant.

Thanks.

:)

Wh1t3, Dec 29, 2018
  2. lolcocks Win User

A tool to monitor CPU and GPU temps and bandwidth.

Okay, thanks. Anything for bandwidth?

lolcocks, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Rick.T Win User
    Windows 10 Display Blinking with High CPU

After upgrade to Windows 10, experiencing flashing display and high CPU.

• At initial logon screen everything is normal - wall paper and logon screen display with no blinking
    • After logon, fan starts as CPU usage spikes, cursor is accompanied by the spinning blue circle
    • touchscreen does not respond to swipe to access Recovery/Safe mode for reboot
    • able to get to Task Manager and Perfmon to see high CPU usage and explorer.exe is suspended
    looking for suggestions on how to either fix or roll back to Windows 8.1

Rick.T, Dec 29, 2018
  4. High CPU/GPU Temps

CPU and GPU usage high, fps drop on games

Hi. I usually have around 100fps at Player Unknown Battlegrounds and my CPU usage is normal. From a month or so I get fps drops like 50-100fps and game feels laggy.

Also, when I open the task manager the CPU and GPU usage is really high around 90, 80% and then suddently drops to normal values like 5%.

I checked http://www.file.net/process/igfxupdate.exe.html but it doesn't resolve it.

I noticed that a service svhost is very high on usage, what can I do?

Thanks in advance.

AntónioAires, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

High CPU/GPU Temps

1. High CPU/GPU Temps - Similar Threads - High CPU GPU

2. dwm.exe High GPU and CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dwm.exe High GPU and CPU Usage: Hello, so I have recently installed Windows 11 on my laptop, everything was running fine but it started acting up when I set to OS optimized defaults in the bios. note, my laptop specs are AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.30 GHz 8.00gb I think it might be...
  3. CPU/GPU temps through command line

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU/GPU temps through command line: Greetings fellas Windows users! I have no clue if here is the appropriate subreddit to ask it but, is there a way to check the CPU/GPU temperatures through command line (powershell/cmd)? I do know I could use cpu-z and derivatives, but I would like to see it through the "old...
  4. CPU/GPU temps through command line

CPU/GPU temps through command line: Greetings fellaz windows users! I have no clue if here is the appropriate subreddit to ask it but, is there a way to check the CPU/GPU temperatures through command line (powershell/cmd)? I do know I could use cpu-z and derivatives, but I would like to see it through the "old...
  5. Windows stock GPU and CPU temp monitoring.

Windows stock GPU and CPU temp monitoring.: Can someone help me figure out what shortcut I used to do this? I don't have any software that monitors my CPU and GPU temps so I think this is from Windows 10. submitted by /u/simba_the_dog [link] [comments]...
  6. High CPU and low GPU usage

High CPU and low GPU usage: Hey guys I recently bought my laptop Acer nitro 5 And I have a ryzen 3550h mobile cpu and a gtx 1650 GPU .....and whatever game I play on uses 100% of cpu and 20 -50 % GPU ....and I get less frames as well ...plz help me on this submitted by /u/babadhiven [link]...
  7. High CPU And GPU temperature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU And GPU temperature: Hii there, I have a HP 15 BS658TX laptop, I bought it a year ago. Now my problem is I am having very high CPU and GPU temp while playing games. As summer season is going on here in India so normal GPU and CPU temp is about 50℃ and as i start a game it rises whole the way up...
  8. High CPU/GPU Temps

in Windows 10 Support
    High CPU/GPU Temps: Hi, I've noticed high CPU/GPU temps when my watercooler pump and fan are maxed out and all the fans are maxed out currently I only have a browser open and my temps are as follows: [img] What is also concerning is currently my GTX 1070 is only powering the 2 monitors(Not...
  9. A tool to monitor CPU and GPU temps and bandwidth.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A tool to monitor CPU and GPU temps and bandwidth.: Hi, can you all recommend me a tool that will help me monitor my CPU and GPU temperature? Previously on 7 I used to use gadgets but I no longer want to use them or they cannot be used with Windows 10 either. I also want to monitor my bandwidth. Can someone please help...
  10. Very high CPU Temps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very high CPU Temps: Hi I turned my PC on this morning as I do every morning but instead of behaving like it normally does the fans started spinning 100%. So I checked the temps in the BIOS and the CPU is running at 89c. I have cleaned off and reapplied the thermal paste. I used Arctic...