Windows 10: High CPU Lanmanserver Windows 10

Discus and support High CPU Lanmanserver Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In the past day my PC has high CPU utilisation up to 100%. I tracked this down using Process Explorer to Lanmanserver which is consuming anywhere... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ScottyDoc, May 5, 2020.

1. ScottyDoc Win User

High CPU Lanmanserver Windows 10

In the past day my PC has high CPU utilisation up to 100%. I tracked this down using Process Explorer to Lanmanserver which is consuming anywhere between 25-85% CPU and averaging at 70%. Disabling this service fixes the CPU issue but of course blocks file/print sharing across my network. I've installed all latest windows updates and run the system file checker and fixed issues found there none of which were to do with lanmanserver. I've checked my network card driver is up to date. I've also run Windows Defender and Malware scans and nothing found. Am now at a loss and seems no info on the internet about high CPU related to this service. The only thing I had changed recently 3 days ago was to temporarily allow SMB1 client to be able to access an old NAS. I removed this access after I had used the NAS though. Am at a loss as to what is causing this behaviour and how to fix lanmanserver.

:)

ScottyDoc, May 5, 2020
  2. Rick.T Win User

Windows 10 Display Blinking with High CPU

After upgrade to Windows 10, experiencing flashing display and high CPU.

• At initial logon screen everything is normal - wall paper and logon screen display with no blinking
    • After logon, fan starts as CPU usage spikes, cursor is accompanied by the spinning blue circle
    • touchscreen does not respond to swipe to access Recovery/Safe mode for reboot
    • able to get to Task Manager and Perfmon to see high CPU usage and explorer.exe is suspended
    looking for suggestions on how to either fix or roll back to Windows 8.1

Rick.T, May 5, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, May 5, 2020
  4. High CPU Lanmanserver Windows 10

windows 10 home high use CPU&Disk

Hi Arief,

It can be software conflicts that are causing your high CPU usage. However, we need to gather more information for us to provide the best solution to your concern. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Which update was installed when the issue occurred?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. See steps below:

• In the search box, type Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • On the left panel, click on View all.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the on-screen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.

Looking forward to your reply.

Robelene Win, May 5, 2020
Thema:

High CPU Lanmanserver Windows 10

1. High CPU Lanmanserver Windows 10 - Similar Threads - High CPU Lanmanserver

2. high cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    high cpu: is it normal when i move the mouse or open a app the cpu goes to 100 and back down i have a made a question on this before no one reponsed back to the high cpu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-cpu/73caee2e-1aa8-4c74-896c-f7549ce38be1
  3. Windows 10 high CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 high CPU usage: Guys can you all help me with this problem this is so annoyingMy pc was just running normally like everyday but from last night,it became lag and when i check,i see the CPU in task manager is always in 80-100% and its so lag not gonna lie.I tried s o many solutions from...
  4. LanmanServer

in Windows 10 Customization
    LanmanServer: i cannot start the service of lanmanserver on windows server 2012 r2, error message one o more service cannot be started https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lanmanserver/ae5f2fb3-fab6-4b12-a890-33e7de20c0b3
  5. High CPU on Windows 10

High CPU on Windows 10: So recently I just updated my computer. When I turned on the computer after the update, I noticed that my CPU is at 99% because of these 4 applications[ATTACH] I don't know what is causing this problem so help would be appreciated....
  6. High CPU usage in windows 10

High CPU usage in windows 10: Hi, we face an issue in windows 10, the CPU usage is very high. we try DISM command, Registry Editor, Disable superfetch, update drivers and disable windows search services but the issue still happen. what have you done so far to resolve the issue?...
  7. High CPU usage in Windows 10.

High CPU usage in Windows 10.: Hi All, From last few days I am facing Hight CPU usage, Windows explorer is taking more than 45% of CPU. and Nahimic taking 30%. PC Details : Asus ROG GL405GM Intel i7 8750 NVidia GForece 1060 GPU. Please help, how to resolve this issue. ***Modified title from:...
  8. Windows 10 high CPU Usage

Windows 10 high CPU Usage: I custom built my PC back in 2010 and it ran perfectly fine on Windows 7. Then ever since I installed windows 10, my CPU usage has been maxing out at 100% frequently. The simplest operation (opening Microsoft edge or even opening task manager) will cause max CPU usage. My CPU...
  9. high cpu win 10

high cpu win 10: i got update 3 days ago on win 10 now it seems it takes high cpu on every thing if i open browser it takes high cpu yesterday i was editing video in powerdirector it took high cpu which it was not taking before there is some compateller.exe something plus some dism host which...
  10. Windows 10 HIGH CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 HIGH CPU Usage: I have done a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and after my computer is on for about an hour or so a process in the task manager called "system and compressed memory" takes about 25-30% of my cpu cycles for no reason.It doesn't use much ram at all.Just cpu cycles.That...