Windows 10: High CPU load only with open Taskmanager and x570 MB

Discus and support High CPU load only with open Taskmanager and x570 MB in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,I have 2 Desktops with the x570 ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WI-FI.At one MB is a Ryzen 9 5900x with Bios 3601.At the second MB is a Ryzen 7 3800x... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DengMOo, Jun 25, 2021.

1. DengMOo Win User

High CPU load only with open Taskmanager and x570 MB

Hello,I have 2 Desktops with the x570 ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WI-FI.At one MB is a Ryzen 9 5900x with Bios 3601.At the second MB is a Ryzen 7 3800x with Bios 3204.The second Desktop has fresh Windows 10 and no other apps.Both have a balanced energy plan and Windows 10 Build 21H1.But both Desktops have very high CPU load,at idle.When I open the Taskmanger the CPU load drops from 40% very quick down to 2-3% at idle.When I close the Taskmanger the high CPU load come back.I check alerady with the first system with other programms the CPU load.Its with two diffrend Programms 2-3%,but not in the T

:)

DengMOo, Jun 25, 2021

2. Network becomes unavailable during CPU high load

Hi,

If it's high load across all CPU's wouldn't that suggest there's not enough resources to run web browser at normal speed too?

Ping uses next to no CPU load, so will always work. A way to test will be to run another CPU intensive app (video player) whilst Visual Studio builds? If it's slow - your Visual Studio is hogging all the available resources of your PC.

Try settings in Visual Studio to limit CPU processors or cap the maximum load (which will mean your build time will increase).

Cheers

LindsayLovelock, Jun 25, 2021
  3. JanZaar Win User
    wsappx causing high CPU load

Hi,

wsappx is causing high CPU load

JanZaar, Jun 25, 2021
  4. Steve C Win User

High end B550 or Standard X570?

Look for a X570 motherboard which has a ball bearing fan and software control which turns off the the fan under low load. I avoid any motherboard suppliers which give a poor warranty e.g. MSI who only offer a 1 year warranty.

I've done a recent review of X570 boards for a new PC build in a few months time. My selection criteria are:
    • Quiet chipset fan
    • 3 year warranty
    • Front panel USB header
    • Dual BIOS preferred
    • On board LED diagnostic preferred
    • WiFi
    • Good sound e.g. ALC1220
    • Good power control
    • Intel Ethernet preferred
    • Price under £250
    • Low poor ratings on Amazon (1* + 2*)

My current shortlist based on the above is:
    • GigaByte X570 Aorus Ultra
    • Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WI-FI)

Steve C, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

1. High CPU load only with open Taskmanager and x570 MB - Similar Threads - High CPU load

2. Windows 11 Taskmanager 100% CPU-Load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskmanager 100% CPU-Load: Hi Guys,Starting Windows11 it can happen that Taskmanager shows 100 % CPU-Load but MSI Center showing just a few percent.Restarting Windows 11 is resolving right away!What could it be - Taskmanager-Bug?Thanks in advance and BR,Chris...
  3. Windows 11 Taskmanager 100% CPU-Load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Taskmanager 100% CPU-Load: Hi Guys,Starting Windows11 it can happen that Taskmanager shows 100 % CPU-Load but MSI Center showing just a few percent.Restarting Windows 11 is resolving right away!What could it be - Taskmanager-Bug?Thanks in advance and BR,Chris...
  4. CPU on high usage and fans on "JET ENGINE", stops when opening taskmanager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU on high usage and fans on "JET ENGINE", stops when opening taskmanager: Hello,I have this problem that occurs the sec. my laptop reaches Windows 11 logon screen, CPU usage is very high and fans spin like crazy to cool it off and this persists for hours if I let it. The funny thing is that it stops the sec. I open task manager and if it stays open...
  5. CPU on high usage and fans on "JET ENGINE", stops when opening taskmanager

CPU on high usage and fans on "JET ENGINE", stops when opening taskmanager: Hello,I have this problem that occurs the sec. my laptop reaches Windows 11 logon screen, CPU usage is very high and fans spin like crazy to cool it off and this persists for hours if I let it. The funny thing is that it stops the sec. I open task manager and if it stays open...
  6. Taskmanager is incomplete - MB RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskmanager is incomplete - MB RAM: Ignore the processor spike else it would be incomplete on processor and memory both. It is but hey...lets ignore processor for this question.But yeah. I am the only user with status OK in cmd prompt. and yet more then 2GB of memory usage is not shown. So what other things use...
  7. Taskmanager is incomplete - MB RAM

Taskmanager is incomplete - MB RAM: Ignore the processor spike else it would be incomplete on processor and memory both. It is but hey...lets ignore processor for this question.But yeah. I am the only user with status OK in cmd prompt. and yet more then 2GB of memory usage is not shown. So what other things use...
  8. Taskhostw.exe - High CPU Load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskhostw.exe - High CPU Load: Hi Guys, I have had this issue in the past but it seemed to correct itself for a few weeks but now it has returned. My machine has suddenly started running really slowly and it seems to be due to Taskhostw.exe. Here is a screenshot of the Windows Performance Monitor:...
  9. High CPU load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High CPU load: Whilst I was playing warzone I noticed my CPU was at 100%. I then went onto Fortnite to see if it was just warzone and my CPU was still at 100%. I then ran a Performance Monitor and It says that my CPU has a busy status and that its High CPU load. Does anyone know whats wrong...
  10. High cpu load.

in Windows 10 Customization
    High cpu load.: I've noticed that when I play games that the there is a program call window device audio graph isolation that takes up large percentages of my CPU. I've done some research and have found that it was related to the audio enhancements. My problem is that there is no way for me...