Windows 10: High CPU Temperatures

Discus and support High CPU Temperatures in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have been having some high CPU temperatures on my laptop while I have just been using MS Word. While this has been happening, I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lastpotato99, Feb 13, 2016.

1. High CPU Temperatures

Hi,

I have been having some high CPU temperatures on my laptop while I have just been using MS Word.
    While this has been happening, I have been looking at the temperatures in HWmonitor, on average it was reading 110 degrees Celsius.
    So I put the laptop into hibernation and and let it cool down to room temperature, when I turned it back on the temperature was reading 85 degrees Celsius. I think that there may be a problem with the temperature sensor, but when Touch the area where the heat is coming out of, it still feels very hot when I am only word processing (HW monitor says 110 degrees celsius).

Link to Specs: HP Support document - HP Support Center

Thanks in advance

:)

lastpotato99, Feb 13, 2016

2. High cpu temperature

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

I realize this may be frustrating. Now that you have me with you, let me take care of this.

• Have you installed any third party security software on your computer?
    As an initial step, I suggest you to disable the antivirus software (and any other security software) and firewall on the computer as a test and check if that fixes the issue.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software helps protecting your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other
    software and\or troubleshoot any pertinent issue, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to malware attacks.

Step 1: Safe Mode with Networking

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If the problem does not exist in safe mode, try to perform a clean boot and check.

Step 2: Clean Boot.

Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

Follow the article How to perform a clean boot in Windows in the below link and check if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Once you perform clean boot do refer to the section
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting to boot the computer in normal mode.

Step 3: Make sure that you have the latest drivers installed on your computer.

You can have Windows automatically download recommended drivers and detailed information for your hardware and devices. This is a good way to make sure all your hardware and devices work properly.

You may refer: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Also, check and Install if there are updates pending.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

• Press Windows logo + R keys, enter
      ms-settings: and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 13, 2016
  3. High cpu temperature

Original Title: My computer doesnt run normal..

high cpu temp like its doing something, and whenever i run something cpu/ram usage is higher than normally, and this accoured just from one day to another, i even installed a fresh install onto a flashdrive, and same problem, and in frustration i installed
    a win7 first from a laptop, which were 32 bit and my computer is 64 bit, and i dont know if this has done something, i tried many things, and i dont know whats wrong.. original my system was windows 7 64 bit then i upgraded to win 10..

High CPU Temperatures [​IMG]

andreasdalton, Feb 13, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

High CPU Temperatures

5. LMiller7 Win User
    Likely those temperatures are not real. The CPU would have shut down before it hit 110 degrees.

Unfortunately there are no firm standards for how motherboard temperatures are to be read. Utilities attempt to detect the motherboard and react accordingly. Sometimes they get it wrong.

LMiller7, Feb 13, 2016
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    You may be right. Sometimes those sensors are messed up - especially on AMD CPUs which he has.

7. I think that the sensors might just be screwed up, but i still don't know why it heats up when doing word processing, because it still feels hot.
    these are the temps i get when playing League of Legends

High CPU Temperatures [​IMG]

lastpotato99, Feb 13, 2016
  8. TV2
    TV2 Win User

High CPU Temperatures

You should check the temperatures displayed in your BIOS. These can be more accurate that those read by software.
    You can find those readings under the Monitor Tab on most machines.

Also, try running HWMonitor and Speccy again, only this time right click on the programs start icon or exe and choose "Run As Administrator". See if that makes any difference.

Thema:

High CPU Temperatures

1. High CPU Temperatures - Similar Threads - High CPU Temperatures

2. Anormal High fan and cpu usage-High cpu temperature

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Anormal High fan and cpu usage-High cpu temperature: Hello, I am X550JK Asus laptop user. I noticed a problem some time after I added an 8gb ram boost to my computer. Computer fans speed up and slow down abruptly and this happens all the time. I applied new thermal paste, after applying it, my computer did not get hot at all,...
  3. Anormal High fan and cpu usage-High cpu temperature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anormal High fan and cpu usage-High cpu temperature: Hello, I am X550JK Asus laptop user. I noticed a problem some time after I added an 8gb ram boost to my computer. Computer fans speed up and slow down abruptly and this happens all the time. I applied new thermal paste, after applying it, my computer did not get hot at all,...
  4. Anormal High fan and cpu usage-High cpu temperature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CPU Temperature is High

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU Temperature is High: Hi, so I enabled all my cores. But the tempuratures were pretty high so I enabled only 1 again. Now it only shows 1 and I can't turn it back to 8. My laptop is super slow and I can barely do anything. [Original Title: Cores]...
  6. High CPU And GPU temperature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU And GPU temperature: Hii there, I have a HP 15 BS658TX laptop, I bought it a year ago. Now my problem is I am having very high CPU and GPU temp while playing games. As summer season is going on here in India so normal GPU and CPU temp is about 50℃ and as i start a game it rises whole the way up...
  7. Black Screen after high CPU temperature

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen after high CPU temperature: Today When I booted to windows 10, After some minutes, Suddenly Mouse & keyboard stopped working. I restrated the PC with reset button & went to the BIOS & checked the monitoring section. There I saw that temperature of CPU is too high (more than 80c) & after some seconds,...
  8. Black Screen after high CPU temperature

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen after high CPU temperature: Today When I booted to windows 10, After some minutes, Suddenly Mouse & keyboard stopped working. I restrated the PC with reset button & went to the BIOS & checked the monitoring section. There I saw that temperature of CPU is too high (more than 80c) & after some seconds,...
  9. cpu high temperature

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cpu high temperature: My cpu is getting 80 c on stand by and when turn on task manager it gets to normal temperature. I tried this in cmd : 1. Open command prompt. (Type cmd in Search or Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Command Prompt admin). 1. Type the following 4 commands at the CMD...
  10. High CPU Temperature ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU Temperature ?: On normal, it stays on 60-70, maybe 80 sometimes, but as soon as I start something that's graphics related, it kicks up to 90s. The fan really starts to kick in when about 93 degrees are reached, but it doesn't go down unless I stop the graphics stuff. Highest I've seen it go...