Windows 10: High CPU Usage at idle - Unarchiver running

Discus and support High CPU Usage at idle - Unarchiver running in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For some reason, when I leave my computer at idle, I can hear the fans on my rad spin up. I have a rainmeter skin that shows my top process at it reads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/theresnorevolution, Dec 13, 2020.

1. High CPU Usage at idle - Unarchiver running

For some reason, when I leave my computer at idle, I can hear the fans on my rad spin up. I have a rainmeter skin that shows my top process at it reads "unarchiver" with my CPU idling at about 50c and running at full clock.

What's weird is that when I start up task manager, the process stops and I don't see anything that says "Unarchiver" in the list. Then, if I leave my computer running idle a bit, the process starts back up.

The only things that I think might contribute are an update to a game launcher (GOG Galaxy), installing Cyberpunk 2077, and installing Brave Browser but I really don't see how any of those would cause this issue.

I've run a virus scan with defender, but nothing shows up. I've done the latest windows update (the problem was occurring before the update)

Has anyone had this come up? I'm hoping to hear some ideas before I go uninstalling and reinstalling programs.

It's driving me absolutely bonkers and google has failed me so far.

submitted by /u/theresnorevolution
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/theresnorevolution, Dec 13, 2020

2. System Idle Process High cpu usage

What are the processes that cause HIGH CPU usage?

Frederik Long, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Ken Blake Win User
    System Idle Process High cpu usage

No, System Idle Process is *not* causing high cpu usage. It's not causing anything at all.

System Idle Process is not really any process at all. It's just a number inserted to make the total CPU usage add up to 100%. From the little information you've provided, I can't tell what your problem is, but it's definitely not System Idle Process .

Ken Blake, Dec 13, 2020
  4. nikhilr51 Win User

High CPU Usage at idle - Unarchiver running

High CPU Usage at Idle

Hey guys, recently my W10 PC seems to be using a fair bit of CPU. I noticed this because my Battlefield 1 fps appeared to have dropped. First thing I did was roll back my nvidia drivers to the previous version, but then I noticed my cpu usage. I seem to be using 35-45% cpu usage at idle. I've never seen it go below 35% (In safe mode its around 2-3%).

Things i've tried:
    - Sfc scannow at boot (it found & fixed a few things)
    - chkdsk /f at boot
    - Stuff from here: Windows 10 High CPU Usage Fixes
    - Superantispyware scan

Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction!
    Thanks!

High CPU Usage at idle - Unarchiver running [​IMG]

nikhilr51, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

High CPU Usage at idle - Unarchiver running

1. High CPU Usage at idle - Unarchiver running - Similar Threads - High CPU Usage

2. High CPU on idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU on idle: Hi i've a problem since some days.When i start my PC is everything ok, but after some minutes my CPU start working on 30-40% for no reason. I can't verify which program/service in causing this because when i open Task Manager the CPU load immediately drop to normal 1-2 %My...
  3. High cpu usage while idle.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High cpu usage while idle.: So for a while, I have been noticing that my CPU usage has been extremely high while idle. I have tried using commands such as DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth andsfc /scannow, and have also tried a malware scan on multiple antiviruses Avast, Malwarebytes, Windows...
  4. Windows 10 & 11 idle high ssd usage and high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 & 11 idle high ssd usage and high cpu usage: My laptop is msi gl65 9scxr now 6 months oldi5 9300hgtx 165016GB ddr4512GB Kingston OM8PCP3512F-Al1 m.2 nvme ssd shipped with laptop contains C drive and D drive512GB addlink SATA ssdI have problem with the high reads and writes in Kingstonwindows installed on it . When not...
  5. Windows 10 & 11 idle high ssd usage and high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 & 11 idle high ssd usage and high cpu usage: My laptop is msi gl65 9scxr now 6 months oldi5 9300hgtx 165016GB ddr4512GB Kingston OM8PCP3512F-Al1 m.2 nvme ssd shipped with laptop contains C drive and D drive512GB addlink SATA ssdI have problem with the high reads and writes in Kingstonwindows installed on it . When not...
  6. System Idle Process High CPU Usage

System Idle Process High CPU Usage: I had a Windows 7 Professional and then thought about upgrading to Windows 10 since Windows 7 is coming to end. When I upgraded to Windows 10 i got a random Blue Screen. My PC restarted i opened Task Manager and there it is 100% CPU Usage non-stop. Its really annoying i read...
  7. High Idle CPU Usage System Interrupts

High Idle CPU Usage System Interrupts: I know EVERYONE asks "wait, what is this process, how come I'm idling with high CPU usage?!" but I have exhausted all internet solutions I can find here, and I work in IT. My server at home is an old Lenovo E32 with an i5 4590S, 12GB of DDR3 1600, an EVGA 500W G3 PSU, a GTX...
  8. High Cpu and Disk usage at idle and beyond.

in Windows 10 Customization
    High Cpu and Disk usage at idle and beyond.: Hi everyone, not the best with this type of thing so hoping someone will help me out. My PC has off and on ran a choppy fps right from the go. I've had the computer for about a year and never really cared but now I would really like to get to the bottom of it. My search...
  9. High CPU Usage at idle, Games now running at very low fps.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU Usage at idle, Games now running at very low fps.: So over the last month or so my computer was slowly starting to show symptoms. I fist noticed it when playing league. My fps went from a steady 250 to fluctuating between 60-160 fps causing random "attempting to reconnect" while the ping never moved. I spent a few weeks...
  10. High CPU Usage at Idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU Usage at Idle: Hey guys, recently my W10 PC seems to be using a fair bit of CPU. I noticed this because my Battlefield 1 fps appeared to have dropped. First thing I did was roll back my nvidia drivers to the previous version, but then I noticed my cpu usage. I seem to be using 35-45% cpu...