Windows 10: High CPU usage because of Antimalware Service Executable

Discus and support High CPU usage because of Antimalware Service Executable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I don't know why but Antimalware Service Executable is using 80% if my CPU. I did anything to try to stop it but it didn't work. Stopped the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IonutBicoiu, Jul 6, 2019.

1. High CPU usage because of Antimalware Service Executable

I don't know why but Antimalware Service Executable is using 80% if my CPU.

I did anything to try to stop it but it didn't work. Stopped the windows defender, adding the file to the exclusion list, even doing an full scan for any kind of malware but it seems i can't get anywhere with this. The only way i can make it stop for a little bit is the task manager, ending the process. I didn't have this problem until a few days ago. Maybe is something to do with the updates? I don't know. I tried to set the affinity to one core but it didn't work.

Looks like it needs to be resolved by an upcoming update or something. Thank you for your support

***Original title: Antimalware Service Executable***

:)

IonutBicoiu, Jul 6, 2019

2. Antimalware Service Executable High CPU

I am experiencing high CPU usage on the Antimalware Service Executable on my Surface Pro i7 1 tb (2017). This has been going on for a couple of months. It makes my computer almost unusable. The CPU sits at 100% any time I try to use it. The CPU has
    over 50% usage when nothing is being run in the foreground all the time (24 hours a day). The April update was just installed and the Antimalware Service Executable is still running at over 40% of the CPU utilization.

Todd Haehn, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Antimalware Service Executable, high cpu, memory and disk usage

I'm having the high CPU usage and it appears that antimalware service executable is to blame. Yes, I had Norton installed and used the removal tool. What do you think could be the problem?

MichaelGray336, Jul 6, 2019
  4. High CPU usage because of Antimalware Service Executable

antimalware service executable HIGH CPU USAGE

every time i open any application, the CPU usage always spiked, and the culprit is always antimalware service executable, it alone can eat from 20-60% CPU usage and drain the computing power and battery power from my laptop. i have no choice but to turn
    off Real time protection to be able to work properly. but it leaves my security wide open.

it's absolutely annoying to have to pick between security and performance. can you fix this annoying thing and make RTP use as little as possible the CPU usage or as rarely as possible doing the scanning thing, instead of every time i use any application.

Archontasius, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

High CPU usage because of Antimalware Service Executable

1. High CPU usage because of Antimalware Service Executable - Similar Threads - High CPU usage

2. Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware Service Executable: I don't know why but Antimalware Service Executable is using 80% if my CPU. I did anything to try to stop it but it didn't work. Stopped the windows defender, adding the file to the exclusion list, even doing an full scan for any kind of malware but it seems i can't get...
  3. Antimalware Service Executable

Antimalware Service Executable: This only started happening today. This command, Antimalware Service Excutable, will without fail, begin running on my computer after being on for a few minutes. I have tried every single solution listed both outside, and inside this webpage, and nothing is stopping it. It is...
  4. Antimalware Service Executable permanently at high CPU, memory, and disk usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable permanently at high CPU, memory, and disk usage: Antimalware Service Executable has been at high CPU, memory, and disk usage for the past 3 weeks. I don't know how to stop it or prevent it from using up so many resources. It's noticeably slowing down other tasks and is getting in the way of work and gaming. I have many...
  5. High cpu usage because of "Audiosrv" service

High cpu usage because of "Audiosrv" service: Hi. I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64. There is a service named "Windows Audio" using my cpu too much. I right-clicked on it and clicked "Details" and saw that it's because of a service named "Audiosrv. There is a picture below. I tried to format my SSD and re-install Windows 10,...
  6. Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Antimalware Service Executable: hi all i hav problem with Antimalware Service Executable this funktion run and make my nootbook low can not play in online game have very bad lags can my pls say why can i this disable hav in youtube for this 3 way not work ty all...
  7. Antimalware Service Executable

Antimalware Service Executable: Antimalware Service Executable keeps draining my resources and most important my SSD. It write like 1TB every day! And keep using CPU about between 20-25%. I just try sfc /scannow, check virus after restart and still same. Also my computer running 24/7. What can i do?...
  8. High CPU usage(Antimalware Service Executable) after update 17134.167 (1803)

High CPU usage(Antimalware Service Executable) after update 17134.167 (1803): Hi, after last update i have a problem with high CPU usage at random times, what means high? usually ~30%, sometimes even ~95%. Installing other antiviurs didn't help. Specs: i5 4570 RX 480 16GB RAM SSD(OS)+HDD Is there a legit way to fix it? All of online fixes didn't...
  9. Antimalware service executable - high CPU - one solution

Antimalware service executable - high CPU - one solution: In a Windows 10 Pro 32 system, I had25-40% CPU for Antimalware Service Executable and another 25% for Malwarebytes. In all the CPU was running 100% with other things. I normally run Widnows Defender and Malwarebytes Premium together on lots of computers. So this is NOT a...
  10. Antimalware Service Executable taking up high CPU for several hours!

Antimalware Service Executable taking up high CPU for several hours!: A service called Antimalware Executable takes up about 30 % of my CPU. It doesn't normally do this, and I tried following the tutorials on how to disable in the task schedule and registry (I use Win10 Home and thus cannot use Group Policy). I also tried including an...