Windows 10: High CPU usage because of Antimalware service executable

Discus and support High CPU usage because of Antimalware service executable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The problem seems to have started a week ago. Antimalware service executable takes up a lot of CPU usage and battery on my laptop.I tried everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Re_ef, May 1, 2021.

1. Re_ef Win User

High CPU usage because of Antimalware service executable

The problem seems to have started a week ago. Antimalware service executable takes up a lot of CPU usage and battery on my laptop.I tried everything but nothing works. Added the file to the exclusion list, changed Window's Defender schedule, scanned for any malware. I did not download anything recently.I am running Windows 10 Home, 64-bit version, version 1909.

:)

Re_ef, May 1, 2021

2. Antimalware Service Executable High CPU

I am experiencing high CPU usage on the Antimalware Service Executable on my Surface Pro i7 1 tb (2017). This has been going on for a couple of months. It makes my computer almost unusable. The CPU sits at 100% any time I try to use it. The CPU has
    over 50% usage when nothing is being run in the foreground all the time (24 hours a day). The April update was just installed and the Antimalware Service Executable is still running at over 40% of the CPU utilization.

Todd Haehn, May 1, 2021
  3. Antimalware Service Executable, high cpu, memory and disk usage

I'm having the high CPU usage and it appears that antimalware service executable is to blame. Yes, I had Norton installed and used the removal tool. What do you think could be the problem?

MichaelGray336, May 1, 2021
  4. High CPU usage because of Antimalware service executable

antimalware service executable HIGH CPU USAGE

every time i open any application, the CPU usage always spiked, and the culprit is always antimalware service executable, it alone can eat from 20-60% CPU usage and drain the computing power and battery power from my laptop. i have no choice but to turn
    off Real time protection to be able to work properly. but it leaves my security wide open.

it's absolutely annoying to have to pick between security and performance. can you fix this annoying thing and make RTP use as little as possible the CPU usage or as rarely as possible doing the scanning thing, instead of every time i use any application.

Archontasius, May 1, 2021
Thema:

High CPU usage because of Antimalware service executable

1. High CPU usage because of Antimalware service executable - Similar Threads - High CPU usage

2. Antimalware Service Executable high CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware Service Executable high CPU usage: Hello, The process Antimalware Service Executable is always on and consuming at least a 40% of my CPU. This started to happen a couple of months ago a bit, but now it is continuous. I have tried the different solutions posted in this community but none of them work for me I...
  3. Antimalware Service Executable high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service Executable high CPU usage: Hello, The process Antimalware Service Executable is always on and consuming at least a 40% of my CPU. This started to happen a couple of months ago a bit, but now it is continuous. I have tried the different solutions posted in this community but none of them work for me I...
  4. Antimalware Service Executable high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. High CPU and power usage by Antimalware Service Executable.

High CPU and power usage by Antimalware Service Executable.: The Antimalware service executable is running every time and consuming 10%-12% of CPU and a lot of power. Because of this the batttery is draining very fast. Please help with this issue. Screenshot:...
  6. Antimalware service executable very high CPU usages

Antimalware service executable very high CPU usages: For some time the fan on my PC laptop has been running at full speed with no programmes running. When I went into Task Manager I found that Antimalware service executable was using very high CPU. I followed various threads on here which made different suggestions eg:...
  7. Antimalware Service Executable High RAM and CPU usage.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable High RAM and CPU usage.: Hello! I was wondering why Antimalware Service Executable is taking up over half of my computer's RAM and CPU usage. I tried excluding it in Windows Security and trying to change the schedule in Task Scheduler, but no luck. I have the latest version of Windows 10 just so you...
  8. Antimalware service executable high CPU usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware service executable high CPU usage: Recently antimalware service executable has been showing moderate to high CPU usage for about 10 seconds every 90 seconds approximately. This appears to be slowing some of my application software. I had not noticed this previously. Is there a simple a solution to this other...
  9. Antimalware Service Executable High CPU usage ! HELP !

Antimalware Service Executable High CPU usage ! HELP !: Hello, I have windows 10. The main problem I encounter is that when I launch a game for example, the Antimalware Service Executable starts to use a lot of cpu usage 50-70% and it makes my computer so slow that I cannot even start the game, giving me an error. Sometimes it...
  10. High CPU usage because of Antimalware Service Executable

High CPU usage because of Antimalware Service Executable: I don't know why but Antimalware Service Executable is using 80% if my CPU. I did anything to try to stop it but it didn't work. Stopped the windows defender, adding the file to the exclusion list, even doing an full scan for any kind of malware but it seems i can't get...