Windows 10: High CPU usage by system processes in Windows 10

Discus and support High CPU usage by system processes in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I face the problem with Windows 10 pro 18363.778. CPU usage like 99% to 70% like attached photo but once i open task manger the CPU usage goes to 1 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JilanyAmr, Apr 23, 2020.

1. JilanyAmr Win User

High CPU usage by system processes in Windows 10

I face the problem with Windows 10 pro 18363.778. CPU usage like 99% to 70% like attached photo but once i open task manger the CPU usage goes to 1 to 17 %

i tried to install clean image with different hard drive and i face the same problem.

Any Suggest ??

High CPU usage by system processes in Windows 10 93713569-2a68-4bbe-8b37-42e5b54cf7c6?upload=true.png

:)

JilanyAmr, Apr 23, 2020

2. system process high cpu usage

Hello,

To fix high CPU usage issue, please refer these steps:

Try to identify the process creating this issue.

Download Process Explorer from Microsoft:

Process Explorer - Windows Sysinternals

Run the tool then select the system process, right-click and select Properties.

Switch to the Threads tab. This will show which file is using the excessive CPU usage, from which you can then attempt to diagnose it.

Also refer: [FIX] Windows 10 High CPU Usage Problem

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Apr 23, 2020
  3. deadalos Win User
    "System" process with high CPU usage

I have exactly the same issue (high CPU usage) on a brand new HP ProBook 440 G5 (i7-8550U, pre-installed Win 10 Pro).

I am pretty sure that there is a problem with audio drivers when the computer wakes up from a sleep mode. I first observed that process flow.exe (audio bloatware provided by HP/Conexant) was consuming (after waking up) ~10–15 % CPU. Here's what I did:

• I have updated Windows to 1709, build 16229.251 and installed all updates --> Nothing has changed.
    • I have updated BIOS to the latest version provided by HP. --> Nothing has changed.
    • I have run Windows troubleshooting and HP Support Assistant checks --> No problems found, nothing has changed
    • I have manually updated Conexant ISST Audio Drivers (via Device Manager -> Update drivers). Windows installed a newer version. -->
      CPU usage by flow.exe has disappeared, but process called System in thread ACPI.sys+0x21cb0 started consuming ~20 % CPU.
    • I have uninstalled all Conexant software&drivers and manually installed generic High Definition Audio Device drivers provided by Microsoft (Driver Date: 21.02.2018). --> ACPI.sys+0x21cb0 still consumes ~20 % CPU.

Same issues are discussed in these threads on HP site:

The result is I cannot use sleep mode (as advised by this post:
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/ProBook-450-with-high-CPU-usage/m-p/6611446/highlight/true#M149605
    ).

deadalos, Apr 23, 2020
  4. High CPU usage by system processes in Windows 10

system process high cpu usage

so i went to task manager and i saw system process has high cpu usage

and it was after when i connected another monitor

jasondodd2, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

High CPU usage by system processes in Windows 10

1. High CPU usage by system processes in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - High CPU usage

2. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  3. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  4. 'System' process ntoskrnl.exe high CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'System' process ntoskrnl.exe high CPU usage: I've been running a game, until I realised the framerate suddenly reduced for a while: from 350 Framerate Per Second FPS to 230. I checked the Task Manager to make sure if everything is going as intended or not, and it looks like the process called just "System" is using 25%...
  5. 'System' process ntoskrnl.exe high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'System' process ntoskrnl.exe high CPU usage: I've been running a game, until I realised the framerate suddenly reduced for a while: from 350 Framerate Per Second FPS to 230. I checked the Task Manager to make sure if everything is going as intended or not, and it looks like the process called just "System" is using 25%...
  6. High CPU usage by process called "System"

High CPU usage by process called "System": I have a brand-new DELL XPS 9500 and about half of the time the process called "System" uses between 10 and 15% CPU which is enough to make the computer very hot and that the fans turn at 70% capacity until I reboot the laptop. Dell support said that the use of the...
  7. help for the system process high cpu usage

help for the system process high cpu usage: Whenever I leave my PC idle it always, every single time after exactly 9 minutes causes a significant spike in CPU usage. It will not stop and will remain that way until i merely press a button or move the mouse by 1 milimeter. I've also created another user and it happens...
  8. System Idle Process High CPU Usage

System Idle Process High CPU Usage: I had a Windows 7 Professional and then thought about upgrading to Windows 10 since Windows 7 is coming to end. When I upgraded to Windows 10 i got a random Blue Screen. My PC restarted i opened Task Manager and there it is 100% CPU Usage non-stop. Its really annoying i read...
  9. system process high cpu usage

system process high cpu usage: so i went to task manager and i saw system process has high cpu usage and it was after when i connected 2 monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-process-high-cpu-usage/f6b03902-5c5d-45ad-a4b1-3087455f1c83
  10. 'System' process high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    'System' process high CPU usage: Hello, Since the past 3-4 days the process called 'System' has been constantly using approximately 35% of my CPU. The usage is pretty much constant all the time. Below you can find screenshots from task manager, resource monitor and process explorer. In the past I've...