Windows 10: High CPU Usage Caused by TiWorker.exe

Discus and support High CPU Usage Caused by TiWorker.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; There's an unusual process called TiWorker.exe. Previous posts say that this is a Windows Update process, but this process runs for hours and heavily... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mohannad Al-Mazaidh, May 21, 2021.

1. High CPU Usage Caused by TiWorker.exe

There's an unusual process called TiWorker.exe. Previous posts say that this is a Windows Update process, but this process runs for hours and heavily uses my CPU 50-70%. How can I delete it entirely or at least disable it permanently?

:)

Mohannad Al-Mazaidh, May 21, 2021
  2. ConiGL Win User
    ConiGL, May 21, 2021
  3. TiWorker.exe spikes in CPU usage and causes crash

I have done those, but I still have freezes and crashes. Doing the SFC /scannow resulted in a freeze in my computer. I believe the high CPU usage may be causing crashes. Would it not be possible for TiWorker to trigger a crash because of the massive spike
    in CPU usage caused by it? These crashes and freezes have only occurred in the last few days, and it seems weird to only crash while TiWorker spikes in CPU usage

LoganBatson, May 21, 2021
  4. Rob29ster Win User

High CPU Usage Caused by TiWorker.exe

Fix high CPU usage by TiWorker.exe process in Windows 10

Hi Nick

This is very true but what happens is if TiWorker doesn't have enough space to download it's update it will keep trying. So yes High CPU usage would be normal if it finished it's update and stopped. What happens is it keeps trying if there is not enough
    space to finish the download it cleans it self up and then tries again.

What I'm finding each month is that if you don't do a system clean up and remove temp files and old windows update files TiWorker will continue to cause high CPU usage.

Try it yourself and see if while you are deleting windows update files if in task manager you don't see TiWorker climb to the top of list.

Thanks

Rob F

Rob29ster, May 21, 2021
Thema:

High CPU Usage Caused by TiWorker.exe

1. High CPU Usage Caused by TiWorker.exe - Similar Threads - High CPU Usage

2. Tiworker using high cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tiworker using high cpu: My problem started around 3 days ago when gaming my fps dropped to under 100fps and with a high-end PC this shouldn't happen. I checked task manager and "tiworker.exe' was using 50%-80% cpu but it closes in 5 seconds of me opening task manager, I've tried all the youtube...
  3. Tiworker using high cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tiworker using high cpu: My problem started around 3 days ago when gaming my fps dropped to under 100fps and with a high-end PC this shouldn't happen. I checked task manager and "tiworker.exe' was using 50%-80% cpu but it closes in 5 seconds of me opening task manager, I've tried all the youtube...
  4. Tiworker using high cpu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. High CPU Usage cxuiusvc64.exe is the culprit

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU Usage cxuiusvc64.exe is the culprit: Hi. Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.928) So my problems started a few days after the last update; 2021-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64 based Systems (KB5001330). I have Piriforms Speccy installed and it reports the cpu temp is around a constant temp in...
  6. smartscreen.exe causing high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    smartscreen.exe causing high CPU usage: My Win 10 20H2 build 19042.867 is running 25 to 40% CPU when no programs are running! I have an AMD Ryzen 7 CPU, 3700u running at 2.3 GHz. I have 20 GB of RAM. When the Win 10 CPU is running at 45-50%, the heat in the CPU cores elevates to ~60-70 deg C. Checking the TASK...
  7. acpi.sys causing high cpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    acpi.sys causing high cpu usage: can someone look at this file i made using windows performance recorder and tell me what is causing the high cpu usage? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mXp-vD0NaPsi6IF3F0vk6k_nRfOM1n0Y/view?usp=sharing...
  8. unsual high cpu usage of regsvr32.exe

unsual high cpu usage of regsvr32.exe: hello everyone I'm having a bit of trouble with this application. Just recently my CPU has been mostly taken up by one instance of the above file continuously running. Now I have had a look in Task Manager and the following command lines are stated as below:-...
  9. Microsoft.Photos.exe causes high cpu usage!

Microsoft.Photos.exe causes high cpu usage!: Whenever my computer is idle (and sometimes when I'm using it) this app starts up and sucks 100% of my CPU and heats up my computer. I noticed several posts from 2016 of people reporting this and I guess it was supposed to be fixed but I guess it hasn't. How to I fix this...
  10. CertPropSvc causes high CPU usage

CertPropSvc causes high CPU usage: Hello, a couple of weeks ago I noticed that my computer started to slow down due to high CPU usage. After some research I figured out that this is caused by a service called CertPropSvc (Microsoft Smartcard Certificate Propagation Service). If I manually stop the...