Windows 10: High cpu usage chrome with 1080/60fps youtube video (win 10 2004)

Discus and support High cpu usage chrome with 1080/60fps youtube video (win 10 2004) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I have a (almost) 100% with full HD playback in chrome, with Edge circa 25%; it seems to me hardware accel is not working with chrome (and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by roy111, Jun 4, 2020.

1. roy111 Win User

High cpu usage chrome with 1080/60fps youtube video (win 10 2004)

Hi,

I have a (almost) 100% with full HD playback in chrome, with Edge circa 25%; it seems to me hardware accel is not working with chrome (and firefox) but its working with edge (the original one not the new one).
    Is there something I can do to make it work like Edge (no 100% cpu) ?

Thanks

did you remember to include your Windows Version number? Yes.

Windows 10 2004, fresh install

:)

roy111, Jun 4, 2020
  2. roy111 Win User

Hi,

I have a (almost) 100% with full HD playback in chrome, with Edge circa 25%; it seems to me hardware accel is not working with chrome (and firefox) but its working with edge (the original one not the new one).
    Is there something I can do to make it work like Edge (no 100% cpu) ?

Thanks

did you remember to include your Windows Version number? Yes.

Windows 10 2004, fresh install

roy111, Jun 8, 2020
  3. high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, Jun 8, 2020
  4. High cpu usage chrome with 1080/60fps youtube video (win 10 2004)

YouTube on Chrome: Video stutters every few seconds on 1080p 60fps

So I'm trying to get the best out of YouTube by playing videos on a max of 1080p 60fps (my laptop monitor has a resolution of 1600x900) when possible. Unfortunately, when I'm playing these videos at this quality, the video stops for a second or half every few seconds or so. The frame-rate between these stutters is okay, but the stuttering itself is what's bothering me.

So first off, I tried using task manager/Process Manager 2 to set Google Chrome's priority to high and permanently keep it every time I launch it, didn't work. I set the priorities of other programs that used my PC's performance as much or close to how Chrome used, still didn't work. Set Chrome's priority to real-time: didn't noticed any stuttering fortunately but the problem was replaced with audio issues so I set it back to high.

I also tried using Razer Cortex's game boost feature and stop processes that I didn't need when playing chrome, or games for that matter, and I still didn't noticed any differences.

So I looked to Chrome itself and see what I can do to it to help. I searched a few popular YouTube enhancers on the Chrome Store and tried them, but no differences are what I saw. I looked on forums online via Google Search to see if other people had similar issues and I found some suggestions, however these didn't work out either. Disabling hardware acceleration only made the difference of reducing frame-rate, I don't how Flash or HTML 5 playback works, and I don't know if the issue is a hardware or networking issue.

I tried speedtest.net to see if I have any internet issues and so far, I had a download speed of approx. 90mb/s and an upload speed of approx. 12mb/s.

I also don't know if hardware's of concern:

High cpu usage chrome with 1080/60fps youtube video (win 10 2004) [​IMG]

If you guys have any suggestions, please let me know.

ACMDogfight1997, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

1. High cpu usage chrome with 1080/60fps youtube video (win 10 2004) - Similar Threads - High cpu usage

2. High CPU usage when watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU usage when watching youtube videos: Title explains it all. Usually around 80-90% total CPU usage. Chrome uses 60-70% usually. I feel my CPU is not that weak, and when I'm typing documents or browsing other websites, the CPU usage is around 5-10% on average. Does anyone else have this issue? Any way to fix it?...
  3. High CPU usage when watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High CPU usage when watching youtube videos: Title explains it all. Usually around 80-90% total CPU usage. Chrome uses 60-70% usually. I feel my CPU is not that weak, and when I'm typing documents or browsing other websites, the CPU usage is around 5-10% on average. Does anyone else have this issue? Any way to fix it?...
  4. High CPU usage at idle. Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage at idle. Win 10 Pro: I have encountered a problem with Windows 10 Pro version. My PC specifications are as follows :Intel i5-9400fPalit Geforce GTX 1060 6Gb16 Gb DDR4 RAM @ 3000MhzThe problem is that whenever I leave my PC to idle, after a few minutes, I hear the CPU fan spool up quite violently....
  5. Youtube high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Youtube high CPU usage: As the title says, I have an intel i7 7700K and whenever I launch YouTube in chrome or any other browser, the CPU speed maxes out (even though I may only have one tab open and no extensions installed) with "system" (ntoskrnl.exe) in task manager consuming the most speed (even...
  6. Win 10 fresh installed high CPU usage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 fresh installed high CPU usage.: Hey, I installed Win 10 fresh today and already got all my games and programs. Now when watching Twitch or nothing the CPU spikes all the time. 9bL6EBr.jpg 3840×1080 imgur.com w00FnOF.jpeg 3840×1080 imgur.com I dont know, maybe ur Edge is trash asf. And I think somehow...
  7. WIN 10 Pro - Build 2004 - Digital Audio & High CPU Usage Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN 10 Pro - Build 2004 - Digital Audio & High CPU Usage Issues: After updating Win 10 to build 2004 my PC has developed serious problems with digital audio output not working via external speakers . Note HDMI audio still works via my monitor with in-build speakers. At the same time the following window services are consuming large...
  8. Google Chrome High CPU Usage.

Google Chrome High CPU Usage.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LostMC07 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hlz1t9/google_chrome_high_cpu_usage/
  9. High cpu usage YouTube 8k

High cpu usage YouTube 8k: Hi i am new here but u need your help, i have problem with fx 8350 on YouTube when watching 4k or 8k video. Usage goes to 100% and video is in slide show, i tried another graphic card another procesor another motherboard, ssd, hdd a few win 10 or win7 and nothing seems to...
  10. YouTube on Chrome: Video stutters every few seconds on 1080p 60fps

in Browsers and Email
    YouTube on Chrome: Video stutters every few seconds on 1080p 60fps: So I'm trying to get the best out of YouTube by playing videos on a max of 1080p 60fps (my laptop monitor has a resolution of 1600x900) when possible. Unfortunately, when I'm playing these videos at this quality, the video stops for a second or half every few seconds or so....