Windows 10: High cpu usage during full antivirus scan

Discus and support High cpu usage during full antivirus scan in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using dell inspiron 155000 i7 laptop .I have a preinstalled Mcafee antivirus and usually do a full scan once a month.Recently i observed some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BuddhikaSadun, Jun 27, 2021.

1. High cpu usage during full antivirus scan

I am using dell inspiron 155000 i7 laptop .I have a preinstalled Mcafee antivirus and usually do a full scan once a month.Recently i observed some problems in my pc they are;1.Full scan from Mcafee uses cpu upto 100% and speed over 3.00ghz consistently unlike previously cpu at 1ghz-2ghzsame usage for windows build in full virus scan2. huge cpu spike upto 100% when opening program and comes to normal3. Some service host processors like NoNetworkFirewall,NetworkRestricted in ram that i havn't seen before4.a process called Microsoft compatibility telemetry uses more cpuPLEASE GIVE A

:)

BuddhikaSadun, Jun 27, 2021

2. high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, Jun 27, 2021
  3. High CPU Usage in Windows 10 Version 1703

Hi,

There are programs that cause high CPU usage by creating multiple processes which consume resources on your computer. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you using a third-party software or program such as antivirus?
    • Are there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Jun 27, 2021
  4. Lukeqz Win User

High cpu usage during full antivirus scan

High CPU Usage from Explorer.exe

Alright, so I also found your Solved section before, I tried that then, and now.

I then did a scan with MWB, which picked up a few files but nothing it deemed dangerous. I ran a full scan on my AV instead of a quick scan, and it picked up 3 Severe, which it hadn't before. I removed those and then booted into safe mode.

The High CPU usage was there, but was remedied when I did the solved steps again safe mode. Explorer.exe then remain low CPU usage (<1%) until I rebooted normally. The problem was still there out of safe mode and was not fixed by repeated the steps again.

Lukeqz, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

High cpu usage during full antivirus scan

1. High cpu usage during full antivirus scan - Similar Threads - High cpu usage

2. high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high cpu usage: I had a high cpu usage when i was using my pc even on idle, then i decided to reset my pc, this fixed the issue but i had some projects and files that i wanted so i copied them into a flash drive and after the reset, i moved the files to my pc, now the cpu usage is high again...
  3. High CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High CPU usage: When everything is closed my CPU is using 1%, however when I play my game the CPU usage skyrockets up to 60% even though game is only using 10 - 20% of the CPU.When the game is running:When the game isn't running:...
  4. CPU High Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU High Usage: Hey,My CPU goes to 90% to 100% when I play games. I don't know if my CPU is bottleneck or not Could you assist me in fixing it? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-high-usage/5e1954fe-1478-4342-87c8-f9d99418c5bc
  5. CPU usage is high

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage is high: My CPU usage is 50% and sometimes higher and the only thing I have opened is Google Chrome. Presentational font cache exe is using most of it and Chrome is using 10-15%. Memory usage is 60% and Chrome is using most of that. 960 mb What can I do to fix this?...
  6. high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    high cpu usage: hi,I am Krishna, my laptop having some problems with wifi. suddenly wifi is disconnecting and the adaptor is not showing wifi settings after doing a hardware scan or internet troubleshooter it is again showing the wifi settings and connecting to wifi, whenever this happens...
  7. High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU Usage: I just did a factory reset of my windows 10 because of low storage and an issue I have had before and after the reset is high CPU usage. I don't have any external anti virus. And when I get the high usage I just have to open task manager and its fine. its not even when I play...
  8. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: I have constant ongoing high CPU usage . One of the causes is a non Windows app I'm trying to rectify. The other 3 are all Windows based; WMI provider host, Antimalware Service and Services and Controller App....
  9. High cpu usage

High cpu usage: Hi guys, I have a weird problem and I can't fix it. After changing some settings in Comand Promt my computer started behaving weird. My cpu usage is high and very unstable, for no reason. In the task manager there is nothing that should cause high cpu usage, there are no...
  10. 100% CPU usage during Defender Scan

100% CPU usage during Defender Scan: I have closed out all possible bloat junk I can and made sure nothing funky was set to run on start up and yet it still freezes mid scan. Also, just started freezing while playing lower demand games which led me to run a scan....