Windows 10: High CPU Usage from Task Manager, Then CPU Usage Goes Down Very Fast

Discus and support High CPU Usage from Task Manager, Then CPU Usage Goes Down Very Fast in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am noticing that whenever I open task manager the Task Manager process is using 15 - 20% of CPU, but then it quickly goes down to less then 1% CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bobcat_325, Aug 1, 2020.

1. High CPU Usage from Task Manager, Then CPU Usage Goes Down Very Fast

I am noticing that whenever I open task manager the Task Manager process is using 15 - 20% of CPU, but then it quickly goes down to less then 1% CPU Usage.

Also my fans randomly speed up, and whenever I open task manager the CPU Usage of task manager goes down and the fans start to slow down, but when I close task manager the fans start back up again.

:)

Bobcat_325, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Rb89 Win User

High CPU usage with 'system interupts'

High CPU usage with 'system interrupts'. However, the usage decreases when the task manager is opened. On opening the task manager, the system interrupt is visible for a few seconds and then the CPU usage goes down.

Rb89, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Task Manager High CPU Usage

I have the same problem myself with it only happens when I scroll through task manager and open and close it. I don't know this for sure but the reason this probably happens is that you may have a lot of processes running and task manager is using a lot
    of the CPU to process the usage of each program.

What I have done is disable data that I don't need to see like network usage and GPU usage and it drops the CPU usage a bit. I have also enabled everything and scrolled up and down on it and task manager uses almost twice as much.

I would suggest disabling everything but CPU, disk, and RAM, (I would not suggest having GPU on because it is almost always at 99% unless you have FPS limits).

Niogenesis, Aug 1, 2020
  4. High CPU Usage from Task Manager, Then CPU Usage Goes Down Very Fast

high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

High CPU Usage from Task Manager, Then CPU Usage Goes Down Very Fast

1. High CPU Usage from Task Manager, Then CPU Usage Goes Down Very Fast - Similar Threads - High CPU Usage

2. Cpu Usage high when opening task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cpu Usage high when opening task manager: Hello Microsoft Community, recently my pc has started to have a 1 second spike when opening programms. I dont think if downloaded any malware, because ive just been playing games like i normally do. I found out that when i disable all microsoft services in msconfig, my pc...
  3. User high CPU usage task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User high CPU usage task manager: Hello! Each time I open up a game my CPU usage seems to spike from ~30-40% to 90%, and thats not from the game, its from the user tab, is this normal when having a game open? How do I lower my user CPU usage? I'll leave screenshots below to understand it more. ^^^^^^^^^^^This...
  4. User high CPU usage task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User high CPU usage task manager: Hello! Each time I open up a game my CPU usage seems to spike from ~30-40% to 90%, and thats not from the game, its from the user tab, is this normal when having a game open? How do I lower my user CPU usage? I'll leave screenshots below to understand it more. ^^^^^^^^^^^This...
  5. User high CPU usage task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Ram and CPU usage is very high

Ram and CPU usage is very high: Task Manager shows that My account is using 2GB while in Performance Tab Its telling me I'm Using 9GB of 12GB Please help. I tried restarting but it never works. While the CPU usage is DOUBLED, I use 20% it tells me im using 40% im using 50% it tells me 100% and crashes all...
  7. CPU Usage 100%, Goes Down when opening task manager.

CPU Usage 100%, Goes Down when opening task manager.: I have been having the problem of my CPU being at 100% usage when Opening task manager, But after 1 second or less it goes back down to regular levels. 8%-20%. I am on a laptop, My specs are; An i7-8750h, I have a 1050ti 4GB. I am running 12 gb's of ram. This problem occurs...
  8. Cpu usage very high

Cpu usage very high: My computer is fairly new, 16 gb of ram, decent computer overall, however I can barely run any game or even go on the internet because my cpu and disk usage will go from 5% to 100% in an instant and I have no idea why. I have tried everything i can possibly find on the...
  9. High CPU usage and Power usage by Admin as shown on Task Manager

High CPU usage and Power usage by Admin as shown on Task Manager: Hey folks! I just wanted to know if Admin having such a high CPU usage and power usage is normal or not. It's been the same for quite a while and accompanied with a loud fan noise, it makes me wonder if there's any problem with the laptop. Please suggest any fixes for this...
  10. Is having high CPU usage and spiking down CPU usage as soon as opening task manager normal?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is having high CPU usage and spiking down CPU usage as soon as opening task manager normal?: I have a situation occuring in my laptop Acer Nitro 7 AN715-51-54U3 wherein everytime I open task manager and my CPU usage is very high ranging 60%, 70%, and even reaching 100%. After a few seconds, my CPU usage lessens to 30%, 10% and below. This high CPU usage only occurs...