Windows 10: High CPU Usage from Task Manager, Then CPU Usage Goes Down Very Fast

Discus and support High CPU Usage from Task Manager, Then CPU Usage Goes Down Very Fast in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am noticing that whenever I open task manager the Task Manager process is using 15 - 20% of CPU, but then it quickly goes down to less then 1% CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bobcat_325, Aug 1, 2020.

1. High CPU Usage from Task Manager, Then CPU Usage Goes Down Very Fast

I am noticing that whenever I open task manager the Task Manager process is using 15 - 20% of CPU, but then it quickly goes down to less then 1% CPU Usage.

Also my fans randomly speed up, and whenever I open task manager the CPU Usage of task manager goes down and the fans start to slow down, but when I close task manager the fans start back up again.

:)

Bobcat_325, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Rb89 Win User

High CPU usage with 'system interupts'

High CPU usage with 'system interrupts'. However, the usage decreases when the task manager is opened. On opening the task manager, the system interrupt is visible for a few seconds and then the CPU usage goes down.

Rb89, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Task Manager High CPU Usage

I have the same problem myself with it only happens when I scroll through task manager and open and close it. I don't know this for sure but the reason this probably happens is that you may have a lot of processes running and task manager is using a lot
    of the CPU to process the usage of each program.

What I have done is disable data that I don't need to see like network usage and GPU usage and it drops the CPU usage a bit. I have also enabled everything and scrolled up and down on it and task manager uses almost twice as much.

I would suggest disabling everything but CPU, disk, and RAM, (I would not suggest having GPU on because it is almost always at 99% unless you have FPS limits).

Niogenesis, Aug 1, 2020
  4. High CPU Usage from Task Manager, Then CPU Usage Goes Down Very Fast

high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

High CPU Usage from Task Manager, Then CPU Usage Goes Down Very Fast

1. High CPU Usage from Task Manager, Then CPU Usage Goes Down Very Fast - Similar Threads - High CPU Usage

2. Is having high CPU usage and spiking down CPU usage as soon as opening task manager normal?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is having high CPU usage and spiking down CPU usage as soon as opening task manager normal?: I have a situation occuring in my laptop Acer Nitro 7 AN715-51-54U3 wherein everytime I open task manager and my CPU usage is very high ranging 60%, 70%, and even reaching 100%. After a few seconds, my CPU usage lessens to 30%, 10% and below. This high CPU usage only occurs...
  3. High CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High CPU usage: I have a gaming computer with a Intel core i5-7400 paired to a GTX 1650 with 12GB of RAM. I know my CPU is not powerful enough for my GPU, but when I play Battlefield 1 on around medium settings my CPU maxes out to 100% and my GPU hovers around 60%, pushing out on average 40...
  4. High CPU usage when opening task manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High CPU usage when opening task manager: Hey, so as said in the title, my CPU usage is unusually high when I open task manager. After about a second, the CPU usage starts dropping down to around 5%. I've ran malwarebytes multiple times, but the issue still persists. I would like to avoid resetting my PC if possible....
  5. High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU Usage: I have a number of processes that are using 60% + CPU. Have tried a lot of the fixes on other questions without success [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-cpu-usage/d5e764c8-9e18-4614-8ffa-510834a469a1
  6. High CPU usage.

High CPU usage.: I recently bought a new desktop PC 2 months ago and I've start to encounter some errors. So about a month ago one of my RAM sticks were faulty and my computer wouldn't start etc. I changed it over and it worked fine. However I'm just randomly getting high/max CPU usage...
  7. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: Hello guys, so, my computer has been lagging A LOT lately and i finally found out the issue, atleast i think i did, my guess is, it's with the CPU, because whenever lag spikes happend the CPU usage escalates to 100%, when normally it's 20%, some good things to point out are;...
  8. High CPU usage.

High CPU usage.: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.239) How to fix high CPU usage. When I run any program the CPU usage will be above 80%. When I checked it I found some processes which are using high CPU usage. Desktop Windows Manager -> 10.8% Windows Audio Device...
  9. High CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU usage: Hi All, Running Windows 10 Pro x64 Just noticed a lot of lag on my online game when I was logging into it. I closed it and noticed my computer was slow responding. I opened Task Manager to see CPU was 90% I looked to see what was causing this and did notice the Service...
  10. High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU Usage: Hi. I have a problem with my laptop since yesterday. Something invisible is using very high cpu usage. I said invisible because it didn't show in task manager and process explorer. It all comes when I was browsing some pictures in Google and downloading YouTube videos...