Windows 10: High CPU usage on all programs for no reason?

Discus and support High CPU usage on all programs for no reason? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Everytime I open a program, it will jump up extremely high in cpu usage, up to like 50% or more. For example, if I open up Opera GX, it jumps up to 40%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shoelacyy, Sep 11, 2020.

1. High CPU usage on all programs for no reason?

Everytime I open a program, it will jump up extremely high in cpu usage, up to like 50% or more. For example, if I open up Opera GX, it jumps up to 40% CPU usage, goes down, and then whenever I interact with it, like opening up a new tab or loading a youtube video, it jumps up. This happens for every program, anytime I interact with it, it jumps ridiculously high in cpu usage.

Here is my task manager now - https://prntscr.com/ufvlmg

And this is what it looks like when I interact with it (opening a tab, etc) - https://prntscr.com/ufvm4s

And I repeat, this happens TO EVERY PROGRAM. It jumps in high cpu usage when in reality it should be using 5% at max, and it can jump even higher than that.

submitted by /u/Shoelacyy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shoelacyy, Sep 11, 2020

2. high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Very high CPU usage and WPR trace

Hi Barbara,

There are a few reasons why your computer shows a high CPU usage. It could be because of malware or malfunctioning software. To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Any recent changes made prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Sep 11, 2020
  4. High CPU usage on all programs for no reason?

High CPU usage on all programs for no apparent reason

It does not seem to have a constant high CPU usage but I have noticed System Interrupt causes brief CPU spikes every now and then.

AustinGalli, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

High CPU usage on all programs for no reason?

1. High CPU usage on all programs for no reason? - Similar Threads - High CPU usage

2. High explorer.exe CPU usage without reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High explorer.exe CPU usage without reason.: Hello, I've had this issue for a while now where the windows explorer is using 20-25% of CPU when my pc is completely idle.My pc specs:i5-9400 2.9Ghz16GB DDR4 2400MhzGTX 1060 6GBWindows 10 Home 19044.1706What i've already tried:Disabling cloud storage OneDriveTurning every...
  3. High explorer.exe CPU usage without reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High explorer.exe CPU usage without reason.: Hello, I've had this issue for a while now where the windows explorer is using 20-25% of CPU when my pc is completely idle.My pc specs:i5-9400 2.9Ghz16GB DDR4 2400MhzGTX 1060 6GBWindows 10 Home 19044.1706What i've already tried:Disabling cloud storage OneDriveTurning every...
  4. High explorer.exe CPU usage without reason.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. High CPU Usage at all times

High CPU Usage at all times: I have at least 60% CPU usage always. When I check in processes, I see that Discord is using 40% of cpu, so I went to try and fix that. Nothing worked. But the problem is that even when Discord isn't running, I still have problems with my cpu usage. If I dont use Discord,...
  6. CPU usage all of a sudden high?

CPU usage all of a sudden high?: I have a laptop use it for games and browse the internet. Last week it was fine, but now all of a sudden my games fps dropped? I checked task manager and noticed that it was high all of a sudden. I did almost everything I saw online like update, delete apps and checked if I...
  7. High CPU usage for no reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High CPU usage for no reason: Hi, A little while ago, while I was working on a project on my PC, I noticed that my computer started getting laggy, I didn't have much open, so I checked task manager to see what was causing the high usage and nothing came up. The CPU usage was really high and when I added...
  8. 100% CPU Usage NO REASON AT ALL

100% CPU Usage NO REASON AT ALL: I had a Windows 7 Professional and then thought about upgrading to Windows 10 since Windows 7 is coming to end. When I upgraded to Windows 10 i got a random Blue Screen. My PC restarted i opened Task Manager and there it is 100% CPU Usage non-stop. Its really annoying i read...
  9. High CPU usage on all programs for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High CPU usage on all programs for no apparent reason: Hello, I have two PCs, one at home and one at my university. Recently I used my home PC SSD and HDD and put them in my university PC. The two PCs have separate hardware, and everything worked fine on my university PC after I installed the proper drivers. However, when I put...
  10. High CPU usage with chat programs only

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU usage with chat programs only: Hi my experience with Windows 10 has had it's ups and downs, but I have worked out all the bugs so far but this one. my CPU usage shoots up to 99 whenever using an audio chat program; it started in a virtual table top RPG site called Roll20 but I also experienced the problem...