Windows 10: High CPU usage on Windows 10 after update 1903

Discus and support High CPU usage on Windows 10 after update 1903 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently updated to update 1903, I have heard about a few bugs in the version on the internet about it so I hesitated at first when it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Indomce, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Indomce Win User

High CPU usage on Windows 10 after update 1903

Hello,

I recently updated to update 1903, I have heard about a few bugs in the version on the internet about it so I hesitated at first when it was made available, but I decided to install a fresh version of Windows 10 without saving anything and then apply the 1903 update a week ago. Immediately after installing the update the computer seemed to be performing with no problems, but when I launched different programs at the same time my CPU went from idle to freezing mode in a few seconds. I wondered what was going on so I opened the task manager and it showed that my CPU was using 100% of its working capacity, and common apps such as Google Chrome and Windows File Explorer used extreme amounts of CPU resources (at least 50% each) at launch, then the CPU usage simply drops to normal. After that I installed all the updates in Windows Update, updated my graphics card driver (Nvidia), ran "Defragment and Optimize Drives" program in Windows thinking that it might fix the problem, but it didn't. I have also searched the internet for possible solutions to my problem, but those solutions are not for the problem I'm having: There are no specific Windows processes using much of the CPU, it's simply many if not all programs I have installed- which should be compatible with update 1903.

Playing hardware-dependent games about the same problem occurs: High CPU usage at launch and it continues slightly when playing. But something interesting happens when pressing the Windows Key on my keyboard; the game freezes and becomes unresponsive for about a minute, and trying to start a program (which isn't very hardware-dependent) during this freezing window is not possible, although the program starts loading once the freezing period is over.

I never experienced this problem before installing update 1903, the computer was performing perfect before the update and I could launch multiple programs at the same time without any hardware issues, the CPU never went from working for a few percent to 100% in seconds, again as it does now. The first idea which came to my mind about what the problem could be was if my CPU was old, but I have an i7 4790K at 4,0GHz, which should be usable even today despite being a few years old. The second idea I got was if my silver cooling-paste between the CPU and CPU fan was old and needed fresh applied, so I did that and tested, which unfortunately made no difference.

This problem has been going on for a week since I installed the update and hasn't improved at all even at the time of writing this. I can't think of anything else that I know of which can fix this, so I don't see any alternative than asking for help here. Is this something that can be fixed in Windows or is it simply my hardware which can be faulty?

Thank you in advance,

Indomce

Here are my hardware specs in case they are needed:

1 Intel 120GB SSD drive (which boots Windows)
    1 Samsung 500GB SSD for storage

1 Samsung 1TB hard drive for storage

Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB graphics card

Kingston 16GB memory 1666MHz

Intel i7 4790K 4,0GHz

Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 motherboard

1 Asus DVD burner

:)

Indomce, Aug 19, 2019

2. Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 19, 2019
  3. WIN10 1703 update cause Explorer.exe high CPU usage

Hi,

Glad you reached out. First, we would like to know if Explorer.exe
    is the only cause of high CPU usage. Because the common cause of high CPU usage are the following:

- Windows 10 Memory leak after the update.

- Driver incompatibilities after the update.

- Multiple startup applications

We'll be waiting for your update.

Richard tie, Aug 19, 2019
  4. High CPU usage on Windows 10 after update 1903

High CPU usage.

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.239)

How to fix high CPU usage.

When I run any program the CPU usage will be above 80%. When I checked it I found some processes which are using high CPU usage.

Desktop Windows Manager -> 10.8%

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation -> 5.8%

Antimalware Service Executable -> 55% (I want to kill these process permanently)

System Interrupts -> 12%

I want to kill all these process. Please guide how I stop them.

My PC configuration:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7020U CPU @2.30GHZ

Ram -> 12GB

Harddisk -> 250gb SSD and 1 TB HDD

_lightNoob, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

High CPU usage on Windows 10 after update 1903

1. High CPU usage on Windows 10 after update 1903 - Similar Threads - High CPU usage

2. Windows 10 high cpu usage after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 high cpu usage after update: [ATTACH] Hello , did anyone experienced high cpu usage after windows update i cant even acces desktop, fan are runing full speed , after 9 MIN from boot task manager opened up just to see cpu usage 90% to 70% after 15 min cpu usage drops to 40% In the update i remember it...
  3. High CPU usage after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage after update: So i was on Windows 10 version 21H1 when i saw that there was an update, before i updated my CPU temp was idling at about 30-40 degrees, but after i have updated my CPU temp started to idle at about 60 degrees with the same CPU usage as before, could anyone tell me why? and...
  4. Windows 10 Pro 21h1 high CPU usage after update

Windows 10 Pro 21h1 high CPU usage after update: Hello, I had an old version of Windows 10 Pro and I updated it to 21h1 version with the installer from https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10I have to mention that I can't do a revert back to old os build.After update I saw that 4 of my 8 cpu cores are always...
  5. High CPU usage after 20H2 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High CPU usage after 20H2 update.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Arro_10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/joz565/high_cpu_usage_after_20h2_update/
  6. High CPU Usage after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    High CPU Usage after last update: I just update my PC and now i got 80%-100% CPU usage in the task bar, My PC its running so slow, any help an idea its perfect to me! Frank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-cpu-usage-after-last-update/07c1eafd-f30a-480b-ab04-eed87fa86e65
  7. Windows 10 1903 high cpu usage by services and controller app

Windows 10 1903 high cpu usage by services and controller app: During usage my game began to stutter badly. A look at task manager showed the services and controller app driving usage up to 100%. on top of this wsappx was also poking it's nose in. On XP once it had settled it stayed quiet. Not w10, constant interference, never mind the...
  8. High CPU usage after updating to windows 10 1903

High CPU usage after updating to windows 10 1903: I have a MSI GL63 8SD gaming laptop (i7 8750h + nvidia1660 ti + 8gbRAM) which came with windows 10 build 1803. And 1 week ago, I updated it to he 1903 update. Since then I'm facing the issue of HIGH CPU USAGE (mostly 100%) even when it is left idle. I closed all programs...
  9. Windows Audio service high cpu usage after updating to win10 1903

Windows Audio service high cpu usage after updating to win10 1903: Windows Audio service high cpu usage after updating to win10 1903. It uses 10-25% CPU in the background frequently, causing sudden fps drops or freezes in games. I play PUBG, and I noticed the game lags every time I get shot by the enemy or hear the first 3 footsteps of...
  10. Windows 10 High CPU Usage After Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 High CPU Usage After Update: Hey all I've been using W10 for a couple of months.. No big problems so after. After last week's updates, the cpu usage is around 20% idle. Which would be around 4-5% normally. My computer is always hot and fans do not stop. Anyone with a similar issue? No malwares...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 high cpu

2. why windows 1903 keep showing very high cpu usage and close app

3. cpu 100 windows 10 build 1903

4. win 10 1903 high cpu and disk,
  5. windows 1903 antimalware service high memory,
  6. antimalware service executable high memory after 1903,
  7. windows 10 ver 1903 high battery useage,
  8. high cpu usage after windows 10 build 1903 update,
  9. windowsn 10 build 1903 system interrupts,
  10. windows 10 1903 desktop window manager cpu high,
  11. windows 1903 high cpu usage,