Windows 10: High CPU Usage & System Lockups (Taskhostw.exe)

Discus and support High CPU Usage & System Lockups (Taskhostw.exe) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Over the past few months, I have been getting constant Windows 10 lockups. Even when my pc is idle, I will find that everything will become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoshuaOwens1, Mar 26, 2019.

1. High CPU Usage & System Lockups (Taskhostw.exe)

Over the past few months, I have been getting constant Windows 10 lockups. Even when my pc is idle, I will find that everything will become unresponsive for about 5 - 10 seconds and the Hard drive light turns solid red.

I look at Taskmanager and it says that my PC is using 100% CPU but does not show which process is causing the issue, disk and memory are all normal.

I have recently performed a clean install of Windows 10, removed everything and started again. Everything was okay for a little while but the issue started again and I have no clue what could be causing it.

All drivers updated, I have tried to disable Runtime Broker to no avail. Games lockup.

I have run Perfmon /report and it shows that Taskhostw.exe is using 98% of my CPU. I have checked taskhost on process explorer and comes up with a few crazy looking threads.

My virus scanner comes back as all clear and I have had a pc shop do a diagnostic and everything seems fine internally, they suggested reinstalling but made no difference.

I will try to attach a few Images of the things I have found #.

If anybody has any ideas as to what might be causing these lockups, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks, J

High CPU Usage & System Lockups (Taskhostw.exe) 3a9ba946-3aa1-422d-aec0-54cdec1f01a1?upload=true.png High CPU Usage & System Lockups (Taskhostw.exe) 8409f723-18af-4d62-88b3-21d52910b3bb?upload=true.png

:)

JoshuaOwens1, Mar 26, 2019
  2. deadalos Win User

"System" process with high CPU usage

I have exactly the same issue (high CPU usage) on a brand new HP ProBook 440 G5 (i7-8550U, pre-installed Win 10 Pro).

I am pretty sure that there is a problem with audio drivers when the computer wakes up from a sleep mode. I first observed that process flow.exe (audio bloatware provided by HP/Conexant) was consuming (after waking up) ~10–15 % CPU. Here's what I did:

• I have updated Windows to 1709, build 16229.251 and installed all updates --> Nothing has changed.
    • I have updated BIOS to the latest version provided by HP. --> Nothing has changed.
    • I have run Windows troubleshooting and HP Support Assistant checks --> No problems found, nothing has changed
    • I have manually updated Conexant ISST Audio Drivers (via Device Manager -> Update drivers). Windows installed a newer version. -->
      CPU usage by flow.exe has disappeared, but process called System in thread ACPI.sys+0x21cb0 started consuming ~20 % CPU.
    • I have uninstalled all Conexant software&drivers and manually installed generic High Definition Audio Device drivers provided by Microsoft (Driver Date: 21.02.2018). --> ACPI.sys+0x21cb0 still consumes ~20 % CPU.

Same issues are discussed in these threads on HP site:

The result is I cannot use sleep mode (as advised by this post:
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/ProBook-450-with-high-CPU-usage/m-p/6611446/highlight/true#M149605
    ).

deadalos, Mar 26, 2019
  3. svchost.exe / service host : local system ( network restricted ) high usage memory and CPU

When you open Task Manager a little bit, you’ll see that svchost.exe service host: local system (network restricted) is causing the problem of high CPU usage. To improve your Windows performance, and get rid of the high CPU usage, you
    have to disable Superfetch service. Superfetch used to pre-load data from hard disk into RAM memory. So let's follow this steps.

Fix svchost.exe service host: local system (network restricted)

dedyprasetiyo724, Mar 26, 2019
  4. High CPU Usage & System Lockups (Taskhostw.exe)

DenetteBoyd-King, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

High CPU Usage & System Lockups (Taskhostw.exe)

1. High CPU Usage & System Lockups (Taskhostw.exe) - Similar Threads - High CPU Usage

2. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  3. System/ntoskrnl.exe high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System/ntoskrnl.exe high cpu usage: Ntoskrnl.exe is using 20% cpu constantly. It brings my battery down to 1 hour from 10 hours. I’ve had this issue before and reinstalled windows but it has come back. I suspect it’s a third party app such as a Microsoft flight sim or another game causing this issue. The high...
  4. System/ntoskrnl.exe high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System/ntoskrnl.exe high cpu usage: Ntoskrnl.exe is using 20% cpu constantly. It brings my battery down to 1 hour from 10 hours. I’ve had this issue before and reinstalled windows but it has come back. I suspect it’s a third party app such as a Microsoft flight sim or another game causing this issue. The high...
  5. High CPU Usage cxuiusvc64.exe is the culprit

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU Usage cxuiusvc64.exe is the culprit: Hi. Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.928) So my problems started a few days after the last update; 2021-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64 based Systems (KB5001330). I have Piriforms Speccy installed and it reports the cpu temp is around a constant temp in...
  6. High CPU usage by "System"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High CPU usage by "System": Hi. I am experiencing this problem - my cpu is running at high percentage and the biggest contributor to that is a "System" process in the task manager. Goes up to about 40%. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks submitted by /u/Vlatot [link] [comments]...
  7. High CPU usage by "System interrupts"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage by "System interrupts": I have DELL INSPIRON 15 5570 i7 8th generation, OS is installed in 128GB SSD drive. My CPU usage is very high. I opened task manager to see which process is using more CPU and found that " System interrupts" is using more that 80% of my CPU , thus slowing the system. I have...
  8. unsual high cpu usage of regsvr32.exe

unsual high cpu usage of regsvr32.exe: hello everyone I'm having a bit of trouble with this application. Just recently my CPU has been mostly taken up by one instance of the above file continuously running. Now I have had a look in Task Manager and the following command lines are stated as below:-...
  9. High CPU usage with 'system interupts'

High CPU usage with 'system interupts': High CPU usage with 'system interrupts'. However, the usage decreases when the task manager is opened. On opening the task manager, the system interrupt is visible for a few seconds and then the CPU usage goes down....
  10. 'System' process high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    'System' process high CPU usage: Hello, Since the past 3-4 days the process called 'System' has been constantly using approximately 35% of my CPU. The usage is pretty much constant all the time. Below you can find screenshots from task manager, resource monitor and process explorer. In the past I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. TASKHOSTW.EXE