Windows 10: High CPU usage until I open the task manager.

Discus and support High CPU usage until I open the task manager. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi, I recently noticed my laptop(an HP envy) getting very hot even when I have nothing open and whenever I open task manager I see the CPU usage at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mus890, Dec 7, 2018.

1. mus890 Win User

High CPU usage until I open the task manager.

hi,

I recently noticed my laptop(an HP envy) getting very hot even when I have nothing open and whenever I open task manager I see the CPU usage at 80% and then it quickly goes down to around 5-10%.
    I have done a scan with Windows defender and malware bytes and found nothing.

:)

mus890, Dec 7, 2018

2. Task Manager High CPU Usage

I have the same problem myself with it only happens when I scroll through task manager and open and close it. I don't know this for sure but the reason this probably happens is that you may have a lot of processes running and task manager is using a lot
    of the CPU to process the usage of each program.

What I have done is disable data that I don't need to see like network usage and GPU usage and it drops the CPU usage a bit. I have also enabled everything and scrolled up and down on it and task manager uses almost twice as much.

I would suggest disabling everything but CPU, disk, and RAM, (I would not suggest having GPU on because it is almost always at 99% unless you have FPS limits).

Niogenesis, Dec 7, 2018
  3. high cpu usage when task manager is open

hi, i have done a clean boot and sfc clean-image restore etc nothing out the ordinary my computer is up to date also i use a program called open hardware to monitor mt temps / usage and it never is pinned near 70-100% there is spikes upon launching games
    etc but i assume that's normal even when i bring open the task manager and its using up to 30-40% cpu usage in other programs showing cpu usage it isn't as high as what windows task manager is telling me

sionireland, Dec 7, 2018
  4. High CPU usage until I open the task manager.

Cpu usage high until i open task manager

Hello!

my problem still persist after doing what you said.

I've run every update available and run the commands you wrote in the post but still the CPU usage is very high until I open the task manager, then it reduces the CPU usage to normal values around 2-5% iddle.

Thanks in advance.

David_Herrero, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

High CPU usage until I open the task manager.

1. High CPU usage until I open the task manager. - Similar Threads - High CPU usage

2. High Cpu temperature until opened task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    High Cpu temperature until opened task manager: I got a problem with mu CPU. Temperature is always about 80c and when i open task manager it drops to normal level. I already tried this commands 1. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth 2. sfc /scannow 3. powershell 4. Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object...
  3. CPU HIGH USAGE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU HIGH USAGE: HII CPU is showing 100% utilization when I open the task manager It shows that the task manager is taking 100% utilization https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cpu-high-usage/83190c7b-54f1-4cfb-9f04-08e3562b003b
  4. High CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage: Hi I submitted a question about system interrupts process using over 20% of my CPU also probably related to some bluescreen errors (happened two times thus far). I was told to check my drivers and so I did using driver verifier command. When I restarted the pc it showed a...
  5. CPU Usage HIGH

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Usage HIGH: Hello guys good day, any idea about my problem with windows 10 pro 64bit. i notice this high cpu usage after changing my usb keyboard to ps2. . when i was using usb keyboard , i never encounter this problem but my keyboard wont funtion anymore. so i change it to a PS2...
  6. high cpu usage

high cpu usage: Since upgrading from windows 7 to 10 my pc has been slowed down to a crawl by periods of very high cpu usage. A major culprit, but not the only one, is local security authority process. This makes the laptop overheat , reduces battery life and slows work to a crawl. I have...
  7. task manager - local system service host with high CPU usage

task manager - local system service host with high CPU usage: Can anyone explain what is happening here? From the moment I switch ON my desktop until switching OFF (working for 12 hours) the local system service host is always between 30% to 40% regarding CPU usage. Why? How to stop it? This does not happen in my Microsoft Surface...
  8. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: Hi All, Running Windows 10 Pro x64 Just noticed a lot of lag on my online game when I was logging into it. I closed it and noticed my computer was slow responding. I opened Task Manager to see CPU was 90% I looked to see what was causing this and did notice the Service...
  9. High CPU Usage

High CPU Usage: Hi. I have a problem with my laptop since yesterday. Something invisible is using very high cpu usage. I said invisible because it didn't show in task manager and process explorer. It all comes when I was browsing some pictures in Google and downloading YouTube videos...
  10. High CPU Usage (& fan noise) Drop Drastically on Opening Task Manager

High CPU Usage (& fan noise) Drop Drastically on Opening Task Manager: I am using Windows 10 in ASUS ZenBook UX305. The fan of my laptop runs quite loud in general but it drops down drastically every time I open the task manager. The sudden drop in CPU usage can be seen immediately after opening the task manager. I have run Malwarebytes and Eset...