Windows 10: High CPU Usage While Gaming Causing FPS Drops

Discus and support High CPU Usage While Gaming Causing FPS Drops in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey Guys I've been getting high CPU usage, almost 100% when playing games like Rainbow Six Siege, PUBG, CSGO, Apex Legends causing me to lose a lot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RoyLi1, Feb 9, 2019.

1. RoyLi1 Win User

High CPU Usage While Gaming Causing FPS Drops

Hey Guys

I've been getting high CPU usage, almost 100% when playing games like Rainbow Six Siege, PUBG, CSGO, Apex Legends causing me to lose a lot of fps ever since I updated to windows 10, a couple of weeks ago and I've never had this problem in windows 8.1. I would always get like around 60%-70% CPU usage in 8.1. I am running on a laptop with:

MSI GE40 2QD

Windows 10 Home 64bit

8GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 950M 2GB

I7 4712MQ 2.30ghz-3.30ghz

1TB HHD / 128GB SSD

Solutions I've tried that never worked:

- Setting visual effects to high performance

- Nvidia Control panel to high-performance settings

- Power options to high performance

- MSConfig settings

I just want to know if there are any solutions before I HAVE to roll back to 8.1 because I wish not to roll back.

Any solutions and questions, please comment. THX

:)

RoyLi1, Feb 9, 2019

2. CPU and GPU usage high, fps drop on games

Hi. I usually have around 100fps at Player Unknown Battlegrounds and my CPU usage is normal. From a month or so I get fps drops like 50-100fps and game feels laggy.

Also, when I open the task manager the CPU and GPU usage is really high around 90, 80% and then suddently drops to normal values like 5%.

I checked http://www.file.net/process/igfxupdate.exe.html but it doesn't resolve it.

I noticed that a service svhost is very high on usage, what can I do?

Thanks in advance.

AntónioAires, Feb 9, 2019
  3. High cpu usage anf fps drop in cs go

I am using lenovo g580 laptop and it has a intel i3 processor ......i have upgraded my ram to 10 gb and it was working fine .......but after few month my cpu usage goes upto 70% ....but previously it was highly 40%.....and so i cannot play cs go as
    the fps drop from 60 fps to 10-20 fps......pls help .....

wridip sarkar, Feb 9, 2019
  4. High CPU Usage While Gaming Causing FPS Drops

Fps drop during cs go and high cpu usage

I use to play cs go for over 2 month but suddenly my fps drop from 60 to 20 fps............

And i have notice that the cpu usage is 50 to 60 % where it hardly goes 20 to 30 % .......i have i3 processor and 10gb ram ......pls help i cannot play cs go

wridip sarkar, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

High CPU Usage While Gaming Causing FPS Drops

1. High CPU Usage While Gaming Causing FPS Drops - Similar Threads - High CPU Usage

2. low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops: i have a hp omen gaming laptop with i7-10875h and rtx 3070. my laptop run pretty smooth while gaming and had my gpu usage was 98% and rare fps drop before but now both my cpu and gpu usage fluctuates a lot, and rarely hit above 70%. i have tried a lot of things but no...
  3. low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops: i have a hp omen gaming laptop with i7-10875h and rtx 3070. my laptop run pretty smooth while gaming and had my gpu usage was 98% and rare fps drop before but now both my cpu and gpu usage fluctuates a lot, and rarely hit above 70%. i have tried a lot of things but no...
  4. fps suddenly drops while playing games , so does the cpu usage drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fps suddenly drops while playing games , so does the cpu usage drop: as the title mentioned , my cpu usage drops which coincides with sudden frame drops in my games too. this has been happening on not so demanding , age old titles like dragons dogma etc. totally frustrated and I've tried several things at this point to deal with it. my specs...
  5. fps suddenly drops while playing games , so does the cpu usage drop

fps suddenly drops while playing games , so does the cpu usage drop: as the title mentioned , my cpu usage drops which coincides with sudden frame drops in my games too. this has been happening on not so demanding , age old titles like dragons dogma etc. totally frustrated and I've tried several things at this point to deal with it. my specs...
  6. Sudden drop in cpu usage while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden drop in cpu usage while gaming: So I'm trying to play NFS Heat, the game runs fine on about 60 fps for 10 minutes or so but then the fps suddenly drops to like 5-10 for a few seconds and then runs again normally. This happens every 5-10 minute while I'm trying to play. One thing I have noticed in task...
  7. Sudden drop in cpu usage while gaming

Sudden drop in cpu usage while gaming: So I'm trying to play NFS Heat, the game runs fine on about 60 fps for 10 minutes or so but then the fps suddenly drops to like 5-10 for a few seconds and then runs again normally. This happens every 5-10 minute while I'm trying to play. One thing I have noticed in task...
  8. low cpu usage and fps drop during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    low cpu usage and fps drop during games: First of all if you can answer my question in Turkish I will be happy. Yesterday I upgraded my GPU and bought new m.2 SSD. after that I installed Win 11. Win 11 automaticly installed AMD software that I never use. Because my gpu is nvidia and I am using that. After that I...
  9. low cpu usage and fps drop during games

low cpu usage and fps drop during games: First of all if you can answer my question in Turkish I will be happy. Yesterday I upgraded my GPU and bought new m.2 SSD. after that I installed Win 11. Win 11 automaticly installed AMD software that I never use. Because my gpu is nvidia and I am using that. After that I...
  10. Frequent FPS & CPU Usage Drop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Frequent FPS & CPU Usage Drop: Hi, I'm having an issue that has almost conflicting parameters. Every 15-30 seconds or so (though it can be every few seconds or once every 10 minutes) my FPS will plummet and my CPU usage will suddenly drop dramatically. This is confusing to me because I'd think that...