Windows 10: High CPU usage Windows 10 and Windows 7 possible fix

Discus and support High CPU usage Windows 10 and Windows 7 possible fix in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I found a solution that takes a little while to perform but actually works. From the start menu type disk clean up and open it from the search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rob29ster, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Rob29ster Win User

High CPU usage Windows 10 and Windows 7 possible fix

I found a solution that takes a little while to perform but actually works.

From the start menu type disk clean up and open it from the search results. Select the C: drive and click ok.

It will run for a few minutes and then pop-up the files to delete window. Don't select delete instead click on find System files button, and wait for it to finish. this can take a while depending on your system. When it's done, I usually choose everything but the issue seems to be with the Windows update Cleanup, so make sure it is checked.

While disk clean up is running, I go into the Windows/Temp folder and delete it's contents and if prompted to skip or retry I skip those file that are in use. Also under the C:/ drive in file explorer you might see file folders that are random Numbers and Letters you can delete these files. You can leave them if you don't feel comfortable deleting them, most times these are empty files leftover from updates that were installed and are usually empty. They cause slow log in and reboots.

Then I go into the control panel and open configuration manger select the Cache tab. Choose the configure settings button and select the Delete Files button. Note I usually change the Amount of disk space to use to 12,000. When you select the delete files button another window appears. Check the box to include "Delete persisted cache content" and wait for it to finish deleting after you click on the delete button. Close this window.

Now open a task manager window and chose the process tab. at the bottom choose the button to show processes for all users.

Sort the process by clicking the heading of the memory usage column. By this time your disk clean up should be about done where you can delete the windows update cleanup. Now go back to the task manager and you will see Trusted installer at the top along with cleanmgr.exe Wait for them both to finish or drop down in memory usage.

Note this can take awhile I've had it take an hour for the memory to drop down from the hundred thousands. This is usually when the disk cleanup window goes away.

Now do a restart and watch as windows will run updates and reboot.

Note: This also works in Windows 10 but the process is Tiworker, instead of TrustedInstaller.

Sorry in Windows 10 task manager you want to show more details and click on the Details tab. Select the heading for Memory so higher memory use is at the top and Tiworker will show up .

:)

Rob29ster, Sep 25, 2018
  2. Rick.T Win User

Windows 10 Display Blinking with High CPU

After upgrade to Windows 10, experiencing flashing display and high CPU.

• At initial logon screen everything is normal - wall paper and logon screen display with no blinking
    • After logon, fan starts as CPU usage spikes, cursor is accompanied by the spinning blue circle
    • touchscreen does not respond to swipe to access Recovery/Safe mode for reboot
    • able to get to Task Manager and Perfmon to see high CPU usage and explorer.exe is suspended
    looking for suggestions on how to either fix or roll back to Windows 8.1

Rick.T, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Windows 10 High CPU usage Fix

Hi i'm writing here to post an answer to the Windows 10 High CPU issue that i found and also ask the Microsoft Team why does this occur so i can understand it.

So to the answer; my CPU usage all of the sudden became high over the last few weeks, i'd tried to trouble shoot as others and Microsoft had suggested, though nothing worked. Microsoft has suggested to create a new account and transfer files which also proved
    fruitless after transferring files as explorer.exe again consumed high CPU usage. It was just luck that i stumbled across the solution in one of these threads that linked to an answer from 2011.

Firstly i just want to state that i did download process explorer and it had revealed it was explorer.exe causing high CPU usage and not a .dll file.

The solution:

Broken icons on desktop. That's it. After reading The Solution i found i had 3 desktop files with no
    icons at all. I deleted these three files (two shortcuts, one PDF) and instantly the CPU usage by explorer.exe dropped from a constant 38-40% down to 0.2%

I was wondering if someone or Microsoft might be able to clarify what causes this to actually happen?

Thank you

jeremymeehan, Sep 25, 2018
  4. High CPU usage Windows 10 and Windows 7 possible fix

Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

High CPU usage Windows 10 and Windows 7 possible fix

1. High CPU usage Windows 10 and Windows 7 possible fix - Similar Threads - High CPU usage

2. Windows 10 high CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 high CPU usage: Guys can you all help me with this problem this is so annoyingMy pc was just running normally like everyday but from last night,it became lag and when i check,i see the CPU in task manager is always in 80-100% and its so lag not gonna lie.I tried s o many solutions from...
  3. Fix MPSigStub high CPU usage in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix MPSigStub high CPU usage in Windows 10: In Windows, you may often come across file names you never heard of and so, find them suspicious. However, not all of them should be dismissed as viruses or malware. Most of them are legitimate files necessary for some processes. One such instance is of MPSigStub.exe file. At...
  4. Excessively High CPU Usage Possible Infection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Excessively High CPU Usage Possible Infection: Hello, I have recently been dealing with excessively high CPU usage for the past few weeks. I could not find what was causing it until I opened up Performance Monitor, showing me that the responsible .exes were SearchApp.exe, LockApp.exe, ShellExperienceHost.exe,...
  5. High CPU usage in windows 10

High CPU usage in windows 10: Hi, we face an issue in windows 10, the CPU usage is very high. we try DISM command, Registry Editor, Disable superfetch, update drivers and disable windows search services but the issue still happen. what have you done so far to resolve the issue?...
  6. High CPU usage in Windows 10.

High CPU usage in Windows 10.: Hi All, From last few days I am facing Hight CPU usage, Windows explorer is taking more than 45% of CPU. and Nahimic taking 30%. PC Details : Asus ROG GL405GM Intel i7 8750 NVidia GForece 1060 GPU. Please help, how to resolve this issue. ***Modified title from:...
  7. Windows 10 high CPU Usage

Windows 10 high CPU Usage: I custom built my PC back in 2010 and it ran perfectly fine on Windows 7. Then ever since I installed windows 10, my CPU usage has been maxing out at 100% frequently. The simplest operation (opening Microsoft edge or even opening task manager) will cause max CPU usage. My CPU...
  8. Fix High CPU usage by IAStorDataSvc on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix High CPU usage by IAStorDataSvc on Windows 10: [ATTACH] If you are facing high CPU usage by IAStorDataSvc on Windows 10, then it’s because of Intel Rapid Storage Technology. It appears as a Service which may result in not only high CPU usage but also high memory and disk usage, [...] This post Fix High CPU usage by...
  9. Windows 10 High CPU usage Fix

Windows 10 High CPU usage Fix: Hi i'm writing here to post an answer to the Windows 10 High CPU issue that i found and also ask the Microsoft Team why does this occur so i can understand it. So to the answer; my CPU usage all of the sudden became high over the last few weeks, i'd tried to trouble shoot...
  10. Windows 10 HIGH CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 HIGH CPU Usage: I have done a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and after my computer is on for about an hour or so a process in the task manager called "system and compressed memory" takes about 25-30% of my cpu cycles for no reason.It doesn't use much ram at all.Just cpu cycles.That...