Windows 10: High CPU usage with 'system interupts'

Discus and support High CPU usage with 'system interupts' in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; High CPU usage with 'system interrupts'. However, the usage decreases when the task manager is opened. On opening the task manager, the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rb89, May 20, 2019.

1. Rb89 Win User

High CPU usage with 'system interupts'

High CPU usage with 'system interrupts'. However, the usage decreases when the task manager is opened. On opening the task manager, the system interrupt is visible for a few seconds and then the CPU usage goes down.

:)

2. deadalos Win User

"System" process with high CPU usage

I have exactly the same issue (high CPU usage) on a brand new HP ProBook 440 G5 (i7-8550U, pre-installed Win 10 Pro).

I am pretty sure that there is a problem with audio drivers when the computer wakes up from a sleep mode. I first observed that process flow.exe (audio bloatware provided by HP/Conexant) was consuming (after waking up) ~10–15 % CPU. Here's what I did:

• I have updated Windows to 1709, build 16229.251 and installed all updates --> Nothing has changed.
    • I have updated BIOS to the latest version provided by HP. --> Nothing has changed.
    • I have run Windows troubleshooting and HP Support Assistant checks --> No problems found, nothing has changed
    • I have manually updated Conexant ISST Audio Drivers (via Device Manager -> Update drivers). Windows installed a newer version. -->
      CPU usage by flow.exe has disappeared, but process called System in thread ACPI.sys+0x21cb0 started consuming ~20 % CPU.
    • I have uninstalled all Conexant software&drivers and manually installed generic High Definition Audio Device drivers provided by Microsoft (Driver Date: 21.02.2018). --> ACPI.sys+0x21cb0 still consumes ~20 % CPU.

Same issues are discussed in these threads on HP site:

The result is I cannot use sleep mode (as advised by this post:
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/ProBook-450-with-high-CPU-usage/m-p/6611446/highlight/true#M149605
    ).

deadalos, May 20, 2019
  3. DenetteBoyd-King, May 20, 2019
  4. High CPU usage with 'system interupts'

high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, May 20, 2019
Thema:

High CPU usage with 'system interupts'

1. High CPU usage with 'system interupts' - Similar Threads - High CPU usage

2. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  3. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  4. High System Proccess CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High System Proccess CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-proccess-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  5. System/ntoskrnl.exe high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System/ntoskrnl.exe high cpu usage: Ntoskrnl.exe is using 20% cpu constantly. It brings my battery down to 1 hour from 10 hours. I’ve had this issue before and reinstalled windows but it has come back. I suspect it’s a third party app such as a Microsoft flight sim or another game causing this issue. The high...
  6. System/ntoskrnl.exe high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System/ntoskrnl.exe high cpu usage: Ntoskrnl.exe is using 20% cpu constantly. It brings my battery down to 1 hour from 10 hours. I’ve had this issue before and reinstalled windows but it has come back. I suspect it’s a third party app such as a Microsoft flight sim or another game causing this issue. The high...
  7. high defination audio controller causing system interupt high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    high defination audio controller causing system interupt high cpu usage: cpu usage at 40 - 65% because of system interupt process when i check drivers i found disabling high defination audio controller let cpu usage between 5-15% i check these issue in windows 10 1703,1809,1903,1909 might be motherboard issue but i chech using linux cpu usage in...
  8. High CPU usage by "System"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High CPU usage by "System": Hi. I am experiencing this problem - my cpu is running at high percentage and the biggest contributor to that is a "System" process in the task manager. Goes up to about 40%. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks submitted by /u/Vlatot [link] [comments]...
  9. High CPU usage by "System interrupts"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage by "System interrupts": I have DELL INSPIRON 15 5570 i7 8th generation, OS is installed in 128GB SSD drive. My CPU usage is very high. I opened task manager to see which process is using more CPU and found that " System interrupts" is using more that 80% of my CPU , thus slowing the system. I have...
  10. 'System' process high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    'System' process high CPU usage: Hello, Since the past 3-4 days the process called 'System' has been constantly using approximately 35% of my CPU. The usage is pretty much constant all the time. Below you can find screenshots from task manager, resource monitor and process explorer. In the past I've...