Windows 10: high cpu when Skype is installed

Discus and support high cpu when Skype is installed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows audio device graph isolation (WADGI) process by itself uses 25-30% of my Core i7/8th gen CPUwhen Skype is installed on my PC. When WADGI is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FabioG.54, Nov 12, 2018.

1. FabioG.54 Win User

high cpu when Skype is installed

Windows audio device graph isolation (WADGI) process by itself uses 25-30% of my Core i7/8th gen CPUwhen Skype is installed on my PC. When WADGI is used by any other Audio programs it uses less than 1%; the problem arises when I install Skype either the Windows Store App or the Desktop version downloaded from the Skype site. Any ideas why and how to resolve?

:)

FabioG.54, Nov 12, 2018

2. Microsoft Skype (32 bit) high CPU usage - despite not having Skype installed!

I had no conversations in Message App and never used it as it was a new build Win 10 PC. I cured the high CPU utilisation/hard drive thrashing by deleting the file "skypehoste.exe" from the directory. This is the exe that is seen as the process consuming
    CPU/Disk named "Microsoft Skype (32 bit)".

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Messaging_2.13.20000.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe

I had Skype for Business installed and this still worked. Subsequently I have installed normal Skype for personal use and that works and this file has not been re-installed. So I don't really know what the purpose of this file was apart from to consume CPU
    and disk activity!!

fasteddie(2), Nov 12, 2018
  3. zenekb52 Win User
    Microsoft Skype (32 bit) high CPU usage - despite not having Skype installed!

Hi,

I also keep having a problem with high CPU usage of Microsoft Skype (32 bit) on my Windows 10 install (it's a clean install, maybe 2 months old.

Killing the app, stopping the services doesn't help, new instance immediately pops up and it grows to 14-15% CPU usage on my 8-core machine (equivalent to more than 110% CPU usage on single CPU machine).

The only reliable way to solve it is to (assuming you have Visual Studio installed):

1. Open Task Manager -> Processes tab.

2. Identify the Microsoft Skype (32 bit) instance which is having high CPU usage.

3. Right click that instance.

4. Choose debug.

5. When Visual Studio Debugger launches, click Pause button to stop Microsoft Skype (32 bit) process from running.

6. Minimize Visual Studio and do your normal stuff on your computer. CPU usage for the paused instance drops to 0%.

BTW:

Shame on you Microsoft for releasing such **** software and not fixing it in months.

Imagine consequences of having one such **** CPU eater on a low power laptop user. Instead of laptop run time on batter 6-8 hours, they will end up having max 1h batter life, because your Microsoft Skype software keeps draining the battery, and it cannot
    even be disabled by any 'normal' means.

zenekb52, Nov 12, 2018
  4. Rick.T Win User

Windows 10 Display Blinking with High CPU

After upgrade to Windows 10, experiencing flashing display and high CPU.

• At initial logon screen everything is normal - wall paper and logon screen display with no blinking
    • After logon, fan starts as CPU usage spikes, cursor is accompanied by the spinning blue circle
    • touchscreen does not respond to swipe to access Recovery/Safe mode for reboot
    • able to get to Task Manager and Perfmon to see high CPU usage and explorer.exe is suspended
    looking for suggestions on how to either fix or roll back to Windows 8.1

Rick.T, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

1. high cpu when Skype is installed - Similar Threads - high cpu Skype

2. High cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu: My high cpu goes to 100 and back down on windows 11 got this on windows 10 as well when I move the mouse it happened and when I a open a app after it while goes back down on the apps but if keep moving the mouse with the app stays at 100 when i stop it goes...
  3. High cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High cpu: My high cpu goes to 100 and back down on windows 11 got this on windows 10 as well when I move the mouse it happened and when I a open a app after it while goes back down on the apps but if keep moving the mouse with the app stays at 100 when i stop it goes...
  4. high cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high cpu: is it normal when i move the mouse or open a app the cpu goes to 100 and back down i have a made a question on this before no one reponsed back to the high cpu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-cpu/73caee2e-1aa8-4c74-896c-f7549ce38be1
  5. high cpu

high cpu: is it normal when i move the mouse or open a app the cpu goes to 100 and back down i have a made a question on this before no one reponsed back to the high cpu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-cpu/73caee2e-1aa8-4c74-896c-f7549ce38be1
  6. High cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu: High cpu I get I followed all the steps online and still get it after a custom install was on windows 10 and I did a rest of the pc on 10 and 11 I created another post no one replied...
  7. High cpu

High cpu: High cpu I get I followed all the steps online and still get it after a custom install was on windows 10 and I did a rest of the pc on 10 and 11 I created another post no one replied...
  8. HIGH CPU

in Windows 10 Customization
    HIGH CPU: MY COMPUTER HAS BEEN BURNING LATELY I TUNRED ON THE TASK MANAGER THEN I FOUND THAT MS EDGE AND CHROME WERE STILL RUNNING AFFTER IT WAS CLOSED AND EATING UP 30 % CPU ON EACH BROWSER HOW CAN CHROME AND MS EDGE TAKE THIS MUCH CPU EVEN AFFTER IT IS CLOSED I NEED A FIX RIGHT AWAY...
  9. cpu high

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cpu high: in logitech camera and edge and skype and Cortina cpu is running 90 100 percent how do I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-high/c1fcb0bf-6786-4129-93da-2d96f55f06b9
  10. High CPU usage when moving windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU usage when moving windows: I first noticed this issue when moving a panel around in an application I'm developing, but after further testing found that whenever I move almost any application around my screen I get 20-30% CPU usage from that application. I haven't ever noticed this before and am just...