Windows 10: High CPU with task manager closed&WindowsUpdate advanced settings not working

Discus and support High CPU with task manager closed&WindowsUpdate advanced settings not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. Sometimes when being idle I hear my CPU fan going crazy and when I open task manager I see "Windows login GUI" taking 60% of my CPU usage and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OskarKul, Sep 17, 2019.

1. OskarKul Win User

High CPU with task manager closed&WindowsUpdate advanced settings not working

Hello. Sometimes when being idle I hear my CPU fan going crazy and when I open task manager I see "Windows login GUI" taking 60% of my CPU usage and right after opening task manager it goes back to 0%.
    Another issue I am having is when I click "Advanced settings" in the windows update settings tab it gets stuck and no window pops up.

:)

OskarKul, Sep 17, 2019

2. Task Manager High CPU Usage

I have the same problem myself with it only happens when I scroll through task manager and open and close it. I don't know this for sure but the reason this probably happens is that you may have a lot of processes running and task manager is using a lot
    of the CPU to process the usage of each program.

What I have done is disable data that I don't need to see like network usage and GPU usage and it drops the CPU usage a bit. I have also enabled everything and scrolled up and down on it and task manager uses almost twice as much.

I would suggest disabling everything but CPU, disk, and RAM, (I would not suggest having GPU on because it is almost always at 99% unless you have FPS limits).

Niogenesis, Sep 17, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    High CPU usage until I open the task manager.

Hi mus890,

Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc)

If necessary, choose the Processes Tab

Click on the CPU column header, so that arrow faces down

Leave that window open to monitor your system

When this high CPU occurs, minimize whatever windows you are working on and check what are the top 5 processes listed at that time?

DaveM121, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Vic Leo Win User

High cpu usage until I open Task Manager

Two days ago I noticed that my computer was running very slow but when I would open Task manager it would say that my cpu usage was around 2%

I used a third-party software to monitor my cpu usage and when I closed task manager was closed my cpu usage would shoot up to 100%. I've tried looking around for solutions but haven't found any that work yet. I suspect that it is a trojan but after 1 windows
    defender full scan nothing has changed. should I try another anit virus?

one that I have tried Cpu usage high until i open task manager

Thanks,

Vic Leo, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

1. High CPU with task manager closed&WindowsUpdate advanced settings not working - Similar Threads - High CPU task

2. High cpu percentage on task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High cpu percentage on task manager: For the past few days I have noticed higher cpu percentage on task manager, can someone tell me why this is happening. I have a ryzen 7 5700u with windows 11. I also have malwarebytes premium trial so I don't think this has anything to do with malware....
  3. High cpu percentage on task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu percentage on task manager: For the past few days I have noticed higher cpu percentage on task manager, can someone tell me why this is happening. I have a ryzen 7 5700u with windows 11. I also have malwarebytes premium trial so I don't think this has anything to do with malware....
  4. System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU: Hello,Since yesterday, I observed that my laptop, started getting louder and hotter when idle 71°, previously had been 49-50°. Checked the usage of my pc and realized that the "System" task, is constantly performing a 10% and above, thus making my computer like that. That...
  5. System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU

System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU: Hello,Since yesterday, I observed that my laptop, started getting louder and hotter when idle 71°, previously had been 49-50°. Checked the usage of my pc and realized that the "System" task, is constantly performing a 10% and above, thus making my computer like that. That...
  6. User high CPU usage task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User high CPU usage task manager: Hello! Each time I open up a game my CPU usage seems to spike from ~30-40% to 90%, and thats not from the game, its from the user tab, is this normal when having a game open? How do I lower my user CPU usage? I'll leave screenshots below to understand it more. ^^^^^^^^^^^This...
  7. User high CPU usage task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User high CPU usage task manager: Hello! Each time I open up a game my CPU usage seems to spike from ~30-40% to 90%, and thats not from the game, its from the user tab, is this normal when having a game open? How do I lower my user CPU usage? I'll leave screenshots below to understand it more. ^^^^^^^^^^^This...
  8. User high CPU usage task manager

9. High temperature when task manager is closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High temperature when task manager is closed: Good afternoon.I've recently came across this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-cpu-usage-until-i-open-task-manager/f5ae6887-2cb5-4685-81cd-f8908404de2b where someone states of high temperature and CPU usage when the task manager is closed, but...
  10. High temperature when task manager is closed

High temperature when task manager is closed: Good afternoon.I've recently came across this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-cpu-usage-until-i-open-task-manager/f5ae6887-2cb5-4685-81cd-f8908404de2b where someone states of high temperature and CPU usage when the task manager is closed, but...