Windows 10: High Data Usage Windows 10 Enteprise

Discus and support High Data Usage Windows 10 Enteprise in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On My Network & Internet page, I see so far 304.16 GB of Data use in the past 30 days on my laptop but when I go to the Data Usage tab, I don't see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ShirleyJean-Louis, Jun 7, 2023.

1. High Data Usage Windows 10 Enteprise

On My Network & Internet page, I see so far 304.16 GB of Data use in the past 30 days on my laptop but when I go to the Data Usage tab, I don't see which application is causing it because the totals don't seem to add up to that amount. I have 18.69GB for Zscaler and then the next one is 321MB for Chrome and 128MB for Teams after that and so on, so I don't know where the 304.16GB is coming from but it seems to be accurate because I've gotten notification from my ISP that I'm going over my data recently which would indicate maybe the Network & Internet page is correct. Has anyone had th

:)

ShirleyJean-Louis, Jun 7, 2023

2. Windows 10 high system data usage

We appreciate the additional information. Windows update is one of the possible cause why the system data usage is high. If you prefer to disable automatic updates to avoid high data usage, follow the steps below:

• Type gpedit.msc in the search bar, then press Enter
      to open Local Group Policy Editor.
    • Browse the following path:
      • Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update
    • Locate Configure Automatic Updates, then double-click it.
    • Check the Enabled option to enable the policy.
    • Under Options, change it to option 2 (Notify for download and notify for install).
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Jun 7, 2023
  3. dodgybro Win User
    Data usage on Windows 10

THE ANSWER YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WANTING

Windows 10 includes a feature to let you view the network data usage of the PC from the last 30 days. The data usage is itemized per type of network (ex: Wi-Fi or Ethernet), and by app usage.

Kindly follow the below steps to reset network data usage back to "ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO" as needed in Windows 10.

Note: You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to reset network data usage.

• Temporarily disable your active network adapter(s), or start Windows into safe mode.
    • Open File Explorer, browse to the C:\Windows\System32\sru folder, and open it.
    • Delete all contents inside the sru folder.
    • Enable your active network adapter(s) again, or start Windows back into normal mode.

This will reset all COUNTERS, I suggest copy pasting the directions into a wordpad doc or the like and keep for whenever you wish to reset manually.

Only counters I used in Windows 7, were the right click properties of my network device. Disconnection of the device deleted all of that sessions counter data, and CC Cleaner was used to clean all cache files from windows etc.

dodgybro, Jun 7, 2023
  4. High Data Usage Windows 10 Enteprise

High CPU usage Microsoft Edge on video Streaming

Hi Sibtain,

Let's try to isolate the cause of this issue with the high CPU usage in Edge. We suggest that you clear your browsing data. Clearing your browsing data will help improve the performance of Edge. To clear, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Edge.
    • Click on the three dots icon on the upper-right part of the screen.
    • Click Settings.
    • Under Clear browsing data, click on Choose what to clear.
    • Click on Clear.

You can also visit this link with a similar concern as yours and check the solution
    provided by Josette Sal.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

High Data Usage Windows 10 Enteprise

1. High Data Usage Windows 10 Enteprise - Similar Threads - High Data Usage

2. High Data Usage Windows 10 Enteprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Data Usage Windows 10 Enteprise: On My Network & Internet page, I see so far 304.16 GB of Data use in the past 30 days on my laptop but when I go to the Data Usage tab, I don't see which application is causing it because the totals don't seem to add up to that amount. I have 18.69GB for Zscaler and then the...
  3. High Data Usage Windows 10 Enteprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    High Data Usage Windows 10 Enteprise: On My Network & Internet page, I see so far 304.16 GB of Data use in the past 30 days on my laptop but when I go to the Data Usage tab, I don't see which application is causing it because the totals don't seem to add up to that amount. I have 18.69GB for Zscaler and then the...
  4. "System" Data Usage Is High Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System" Data Usage Is High Windows 10: My windows 10 "System" using so much of data. It's more than 100GB for the last one week which utilized all my data for this month. I have already tried below,- Set as metered connection- Disabled windows update In both services and local group policy editor- Scanned for...
  5. "System" Data Usage Is High Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "System" Data Usage Is High Windows 10: My windows 10 "System" using so much of data. It's more than 100GB for the last one week which utilized all my data for this month. I have already tried below,- Set as metered connection- Disabled windows update In both services and local group policy editor- Scanned for...
  6. "System" Data Usage Is High Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. High Data usage by system in Windows 10

High Data usage by system in Windows 10: Hi, My laptop has 234 GB used by 'system' in the last 30 days and about 80 GB in the last 3 or 4 days alone. I am not sure what is updating in the background which uses so much data. This month i breached my monthly data limit for the first time and by a huge margin. What...
  8. Windows Explorer High Data Usage

Windows Explorer High Data Usage: Hi all, I have noticed through windows data usage that windows explorer is having high data usage. I have moved some files recently inside the network. Could that be related to this? And what is this System data usage? [ATTACH]...
  9. High Data Usage in Windows 10 pro

High Data Usage in Windows 10 pro: Whenever i connect my phone to my pc, it always eats up my whole 2 gb data in just 1 hour without even streaming any video. When I go to windows update, no update is running. But in task manager, some services continuously eat up my data. I am having same win 10 pro in my...
  10. Very High Data Usage

Very High Data Usage: Hello, I am using windows 10 for quite a long time. but recently when I opened the data usage in settings, it showed that the "system" used 10 GB f my data. Today, I connected my hotspot to my PC and within half an hour, my daily data limit was reached. Why the F... is...