Windows 10: High defination audio device is not working

Discus and support High defination audio device is not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; it shows that I have no audio device for my windows and error code is 28... I have tried to uninstall and then install it again from device manager but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Luv.You, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Luv.You Win User

High defination audio device is not working

it shows that I have no audio device for my windows and error code is 28... I have tried to uninstall and then install it again from device manager but it couldn't solve my problem. what should I do??

:)

Luv.You, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Not Working

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to update the driver and check if the issue persist.

Follow the steps to Update the driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.
    • Select the Driver tab.
    • Click on Update Driver.
    • Select the option “browse my computer for driver software”.
    • Select the option “let me pick up a list of device drivers on my computer”.
    • Select the High Definition Audio Device instead of IDT High Definition" And click next.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Realtek high defination producing weird shrinking noise.

I have just installed windows 10 in my pc. I then checked and updated all the drivers in device manager. when i went to sound video and game controller and updated high defination audio device to realtek high defination audio. and restart my computer.
    after few hours it started producing weird sound. what should i do? my microphone is also not working. please give me a solution!!

Hemanta Sharma, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

IDT - Audio Device - IDT High Definition Audio CODEC - Error 0x8007001f

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.

2. Select Driver tab.

3. Click Update Driver... button.

4. Select -> Browse my computer for driver software.

5. Select -> Let I pick up a list of device drivers on my computer.

6. Select HighDefinition Audio Device (Not IDT High Def... This is important.) And click next.

Appears Warning message, but reply Yes.

7. Windows has successfully update your driver software.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. High defination audio device is not working - Similar Threads - High defination audio

2. Is Changing to High Definition Audio Device Safe?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is Changing to High Definition Audio Device Safe?: When I change into High Definition Audio Device there is this error message. Is this safe for me to change? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-changing-to-high-definition-audio-device-safe/088a3cb8-9437-45e7-a85a-f8adfdd7ecef
  3. AMD High Definition Audio Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD High Definition Audio Device: How can I find out which AMD High Definition Audio Device I need for my computer? My sound device uninstalled during a Windows 10 update on 10/10/2018. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-high-definition-audio-device/507b8744-66b7-4ac7-9421-ba39c3057bb1
  4. audio device not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    audio device not working.: Ive tried all the steps to reinstall the audio device for my laptop. None of them worked and i am having a bit of trouble with the laptop.I am wanting to know how to resolve this problem where the device works but in other devices it has Intel High Definition Audio with a...
  5. intel high definition audio not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    intel high definition audio not working: Hi. after the october update. the sound did not work anymore. in device manager : intel high definition audio did not have any driver. had to go to asus support page to get the propper driver....
  6. Intel High Definition Audio is not working.

Intel High Definition Audio is not working.: I installed three Intel system driver updates using Microsoft Windows update after my system showed "No Audio Output Device is installed". I checked Control Panel and Device Manager. I saw Intel High Definition Audio is not working and it showed "The drivers for this device...
  7. Realtek High Definition Audio driver 'Device Not Migrated'

Realtek High Definition Audio driver 'Device Not Migrated': I'm having this problem for over a month. When I play Dead Frontier 2, the game doesn't have sound but other games have. I checked the audio driver and checked the events, and saw the warning 'Device Not Migrated'. I think this is the cause why the game has no sound. Can...
  8. High Definition Audio Controller Not Working

High Definition Audio Controller Not Working: Hello, Microsoft Engineers, Spontaneously, I noticed that my Logitech g230 Headset output wasn't being recognized in my mixer. Then I went to my device manager and realized that under High Definition Audio Controller the device status says, This device cannot start. (Code...
  9. High Definition Audio Device - DTS Playback

High Definition Audio Device - DTS Playback: Hi. My Audio Driver is automatically installed by Windows Update and is working fine except for DTS playback. I tried DTS/AC3 Source Filter and AC3Filter, but none of them work. Does anyone know how to get this fixed without telling me to install the latest drivers...
  10. Multiple High Definition Audio Devices

Multiple High Definition Audio Devices: Why do I have multiple High Definition Audio Devices. [img] 98046