Windows 10: High Definition Audio Controller (Code: 10) Issue

Discus and support High Definition Audio Controller (Code: 10) Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Motherboard: MSI B360M Gaming Plus OS: Windows 10 Pro List of things I've done: Downloaded audio drivers from MSI website Updated my BIOS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SatyridMouse49, Jan 15, 2019.

1. High Definition Audio Controller (Code: 10) Issue

Motherboard: MSI B360M Gaming Plus

List of things I've done:

Downloaded audio drivers from MSI website

Updated my BIOS

Uninstalled and Reinstalled the High Definition Audio Controller

cmd commands: sfc /scannow & DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Completely removed all other audio drivers and installed Realtek audio drivers (Which for some reason never actually appear on device manager?)

I'd appreciate any help I could get.

It started happening out of the blue; I never downloaded anything.

:)

SatyridMouse49, Jan 15, 2019
  2. DeonFoo Win User

Windows High Definition Audio Controller Code 10

Hi all, my High Definition Audio Controller shows up in Device Manager with a yellow exclamation mark and has code 10 in its Properties. I can't play any sound at all. I've tried:

-Uninstalling the High Definition Audio Controller and restarting my computer to no avail

-Using Windows Troubleshooter which couldn't identify the problem. It just said "High Definition Audio Controller has a driver problem".

I'm using Windows on a partition in my 2012 Macbook Pro running Mojave. The Windows partition was installed using a bootable USB.

DeonFoo, Jan 15, 2019
  3. smj100 Win User
    Code 10 for High Definition Audio Controller

On an Asus N55SF, upgrading Windows 10 from version 1607 to 1709 (a reset install from USB, since numerous attempts through Windows update had failed to complete) caused havoc in that the High Definition Audio Controller (Device Manager – System devices)
    subsequently refused to start; the dreaded Code 10 error. No such issues ever noted under version 1607.

Having then tried a host of suggestions posted online, and several combinations thereof, including Windows’ Troubleshoot – Playing Audio and Troubleshoot – Hardware and Devices, checking under Services if Windows Audio is running, removing and reinstalling
    different versions of Realtek High Definition Audio drivers, Intel graphics and chipset drivers, modifying the registry (deleting UpperFilter values), all to no avail, the issue looked hopelessly deadlocked. An external USB DAC (Denon DA-10) was working fine
    all the time.

However, one BIOS (ver. 207) setting on this Asus N55SF machine presents an apparently working work-around, if not a real solution: under the “Advanced” tab, when “Play POST Sound” is set to “Yes”, it enables the High Definition Audio Controller to start
    when loading Windows, and the Realtek High Definiton Audio devices (both speakers and microphone) to work again. One then has to live with a sound being played at Windows startup and shut-down, but the “Speaker Volume” for this sound can be set to low (“1”)
    in the BIOS settings.

The Realtek High Definiton Audio driver 6.0.1.7571 was automatically installed by Windows, but it did not work well; the best results so far on this machine with Windows 10 version 1709 have been with the Realtek High Definiton Audio driver 6.0.1.6413 (for
    Windows 7) from Asus Support. It does, however, fail to install Asus Sonic Master. That does not matter much to me. The most recent driver versions 6.0.1.8219 and 6.0.1.8228 found at the excellent Asus driver resources site
    https://ivanrf.com/en/blog/ install OK, but run less stably in this case than version 6.0.1.6413.

smj100, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

High Definition Audio Controller (Code: 10) Issue

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Not Working

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to update the driver and check if the issue persist.

Follow the steps to Update the driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.
    • Select the Driver tab.
    • Click on Update Driver.
    • Select the option “browse my computer for driver software”.
    • Select the option “let me pick up a list of device drivers on my computer”.
    • Select the High Definition Audio Device instead of IDT High Definition" And click next.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

High Definition Audio Controller (Code: 10) Issue

1. High Definition Audio Controller (Code: 10) Issue - Similar Threads - High Definition Audio

2. Windows High Definition Audio Controller Code 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows High Definition Audio Controller Code 10: Few days ago, my headphones suddenly stopped relaying audio, I've tried a few messy tutorials online but those don't work and I end up doing a system reset which brings me back to square one, someone online helped me pinpoint the problem to why my headphones stopped being...
  3. Windows High Definition Audio Controller Code 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows High Definition Audio Controller Code 10: Few days ago, my headphones suddenly stopped relaying audio, I've tried a few messy tutorials online but those don't work and I end up doing a system reset which brings me back to square one, someone online helped me pinpoint the problem to why my headphones stopped being...
  4. Windows High Definition Audio Controller Code 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. High Definition Audio Controller Error Code 10

High Definition Audio Controller Error Code 10: When I open device manager under system devices there is one called High Definition Audio Controller. It shows an error code 10 sign. I tried everything from checking for updates of the driver and my pc, disable and re enable it, and uninstall and reinstall it. I wiped my...
  6. Controller High Definition Audio Code 10

Controller High Definition Audio Code 10: Motherboard: Asrock b450m pro4-f. OS: Windows 10 Pro. I have problems with audio. Everything worked well yesterday morning. Then I rewired the BIOS — and the audio was lost. Audio works only from the video card speakers in the monitor and via the USB port. I tried to...
  7. Code 10 - High Definition Audio Controller

Code 10 - High Definition Audio Controller: Hey, I have run into an audio issue after factory resetting Windows 10. After the reset I got a red cross on my volume bar saying "no speakers or headphones are plugged in". Did try to install latest Realtek hd audio from motherboards website but when I try to install it,...
  8. High Definition Audio Controller Code 10 and only AMD High definition Audio Device as...

High Definition Audio Controller Code 10 and only AMD High definition Audio Device as...: My PC doesnt detect any plugged audiodevice. I also miss the High Definition Audio Device.[ATTACH] My High Definition Audio Controller start with Code 10 [ATTACH] I already tried to deinstall the drivers and restart the PC. I also reset my PC already. Nothing has...
  9. High Definition Audio Controller Issues

High Definition Audio Controller Issues: As of today my computer's audio has stopped working. I check in Device Manager and see that there is an issue with the "High Definition Audio Controller". I tried disabling it and enabling it but that did not work. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and it still did...
  10. Windows High Definition Audio Controller Code 10

Windows High Definition Audio Controller Code 10: Hi all, my High Definition Audio Controller shows up in Device Manager with a yellow exclamation mark and has code 10 in its Properties. I can't play any sound at all. I've tried: -Uninstalling the High Definition Audio Controller and restarting my computer to no avail...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. high definition audio controller code 10