Windows 10: High definition audio controller driver issue! installed on IMAC 2010

Discus and support High definition audio controller driver issue! installed on IMAC 2010 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have installed windows 10 on my imac 2010 Everything ok except audio, I have no sound through internal speakers red x on the sound logo! not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Badger1cc, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Badger1cc Win User

High definition audio controller driver issue! installed on IMAC 2010

I have installed windows 10 on my imac 2010

Everything ok except audio, I have no sound through internal speakers

red x on the sound logo!

not sure how to fix, been through the MAC solution of bootcamp 5 times now and am pulling my hair out!

any ideas?

:)

Badger1cc, Feb 11, 2020

2. I don't have the IDT High Definition Audio Codec Driver installed on my computer

Hi,

If you want to have the high definition audio codec driver on your computer, we suggest updating your sound driver. Follow the steps below to update sound driver.

• On Start menu and type
      Device Manager
      and press enter.
    • Click Sound, video, and game controllers.
    • Right-click IDT High definition audio codec and
      Update driver.
    • If there are no update available, reinstall the driver by clicking Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer. Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

We also suggest updating the chipset driver from your manufacturer's website. Click
    here and
    follow the steps provided to install and update drivers in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Not Working

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to update the driver and check if the issue persist.

Follow the steps to Update the driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.
    • Select the Driver tab.
    • Click on Update Driver.
    • Select the option “browse my computer for driver software”.
    • Select the option “let me pick up a list of device drivers on my computer”.
    • Select the High Definition Audio Device instead of IDT High Definition" And click next.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Feb 11, 2020
  4. HPFHPF Win User

Realteck High Definition Audio Driver Installation Failure

Thanks for replying so fast and offering to help.

I’ll try booting into Safe Mode and downloading new drivers. But part of the problem is figuring out which driver is the issue.

You suggest “Update the sound driver from the PC maker's Support Downloads webpage for your exact model,” but I don’t have a PC maker, as I build the system myself from pieces.
    So should I go to the Motherboard maker’s site? Or maybe the graphic card maker’s site?

Device Manager shows 4 items under Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    I’m guessing the issue is not with the Schiit controller or the Intel Display Audio.
    So that leaves AMD High Definition Audio Device and High Definition Audio Device.
    I can’t tell which one is at issue. Neither says Realtek anywhere.
    Maybe somewhere in the long list of Details on each driver there’s something that ties to the error message, but I haven’t found it.
    Is there somewhere I should look? Also, sometimes there are two rather than one AMD High Definition Audio Device shown here.

Device Manager also now shows 4 High Definition Audio Controllers under System Devices.
    The number shown here also varies. As is usual since I rebooted sometime recently, one of them shows that it’s disabled.
    Here’s what shows on the driver properties for each:

Microsoft – PCI bus 0, device 27, function 0

Microsoft – PCI bus 2, device 0, function 1 (disabled - Code 22)

Microsoft – PCI bus 0, device 3, function 0

Microsoft – PCI bus 1, device 0, function 1

Is it correct to assume that the PCI bus 1 and 2 controllers relate to the two graphics cards?
    If so, then I’d assume the disabled one relates to the AMD High Definition Audio Device above.

There are also 3 items under Audio Inputs and Outputs. A Speakers item, which seems tied to Schiit, plus two Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device) items.
    Both say they come from Microsoft.

Again, thanks for helping.

HPFHPF, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

1. High definition audio controller driver issue! installed on IMAC 2010 - Similar Threads - High definition audio

2. Windows Audio Issues High Definition Audio Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Audio Issues High Definition Audio Controller: I'm currently having some audio issues where my PC is not recognizing the headphones I plugged into the correct jack. I looked into it, and found that my High Definition Audio Controller has a caution mark on it. It says,"This device cannot start. Code 10The requested...
  3. Windows Audio Issues High Definition Audio Controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Audio Issues High Definition Audio Controller: I'm currently having some audio issues where my PC is not recognizing the headphones I plugged into the correct jack. I looked into it, and found that my High Definition Audio Controller has a caution mark on it. It says,"This device cannot start. Code 10The requested...
  4. Windows Audio Issues High Definition Audio Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Audio Issues High Definition Audio Controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows Audio Issues High Definition Audio Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. High Definition Audio Controller Driver Error

High Definition Audio Controller Driver Error: My laptop crashed recently and when it restarted, there was no sound available. The sound icon in the taskbar says: "No speakers or headphones are plugged in". Here is what I have done so far: Opened Device Manager to find the faulty driver. The driver in question is the...
  8. High Definition Audio Controller has a driver issue.

High Definition Audio Controller has a driver issue.: I had this problem today. I played at one time some music from youtube. then after a few hours and a Graphics card update, my speakers don't work. They connect by a headphone jack. I went to devices and printers and it says it is a driver error. I get code 10. I uninstalled...
  9. High Definition Audio Controller Issues

High Definition Audio Controller Issues: As of today my computer's audio has stopped working. I check in Device Manager and see that there is an issue with the "High Definition Audio Controller". I tried disabling it and enabling it but that did not work. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and it still did...
  10. High Definition Audio Controller Driver Problem

High Definition Audio Controller Driver Problem: Dear Community, In my device manager i have two high definition audio controller driver. One of the audio controller driver is disabled automatically. I tried to enable it manually. If i restart the computer it disabled again. If i try to update the...