Windows 10: high definition audio controller error

Discus and support high definition audio controller error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so as expected i have the basic no sound problem ... u would think that its a easy fix but no.. i have tried everything i could possibly do but if i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ILsolo, Aug 17, 2020.

1. ILsolo Win User

high definition audio controller error

so as expected i have the basic no sound problem ... u would think that its a easy fix but no..

i have tried everything i could possibly do but if i install a windows that is 7 or up

the sound does not work ive tried windows xp and it works lol

ive tried a fake version of Ubuntu and it works but it does not work on windows

and i dont know what the cause is

so please if anyone could help me i woud be so happy high definition audio controller error 75f5912f-9d67-4db8-853a-b6807a59189d?upload=true.png

its 2020 and i canot fix a sound problem.......

:)

ILsolo, Aug 17, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Not Working

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to update the driver and check if the issue persist.

Follow the steps to Update the driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.
    • Select the Driver tab.
    • Click on Update Driver.
    • Select the option “browse my computer for driver software”.
    • Select the option “let me pick up a list of device drivers on my computer”.
    • Select the High Definition Audio Device instead of IDT High Definition" And click next.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Aug 17, 2020
  3. TomSt3 Win User
    Intel High Definition Audio is not working.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Audio-Driver-Error

Solved the problem for me.

Device Manager->System Devices->Intel Smart Sound Audio Controller (or similar)

Roll Back to "High Definition Audio Controller"

Right Click-> Update Driver

Browse My Computer for driver software

Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer

Select "High Definition Audio Controller" Next

Once installed reboot and problem should be solved.

TomSt3, Aug 17, 2020
  4. high definition audio controller error

Intel High Definition Audio is not working.

Awesome that got it

Thanks

DarrenMcRobertsNZ, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

high definition audio controller error

1. high definition audio controller error - Similar Threads - high definition audio

2. download high definition audio controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    download high definition audio controller: how to download high definition audio controller for window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-high-definition-audio-controller/2aa8adf7-1879-4d56-98f2-5eeab129ae26
  3. High Definition Audio Controler is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Definition Audio Controler is not working: Hello,My system information as below:Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz Installed RAM: 8.00 GB System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition: Windows 10 Pro Version: 21H2 download audio driver from manufacturer website.I have install...
  4. High Definition Audio Controler is not working

High Definition Audio Controler is not working: Hello,My system information as below:Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz Installed RAM: 8.00 GB System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition: Windows 10 Pro Version: 21H2 download audio driver from manufacturer website.I have install...
  5. High Definition Audio Controller Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Definition Audio Controller Error: Ok, so the other night, my PC worked just fine, I came home last night turned it on and it doesnt have any output or input for audio. I check device manager and see that it says that my Realtek is unplugged. I found this under, desktop-sound, video and game controllers so...
  6. High Definition Audio Controller Broken

High Definition Audio Controller Broken: Hi, according to my device manager the high definition audio controller is not working, and as a result my audio is currently not working. In trying to fix this issue, I've attempted the various suggestions offered within the other threads regarding this specific issue, yet...
  7. High Definition Audio Controller Driver Error

High Definition Audio Controller Driver Error: My laptop crashed recently and when it restarted, there was no sound available. The sound icon in the taskbar says: "No speakers or headphones are plugged in". Here is what I have done so far: Opened Device Manager to find the faulty driver. The driver in question is the...
  8. High Definition Audio Controller is not working

High Definition Audio Controller is not working: Hello, I recently did a BIOS reset on my computer to fix a RAM issue (it was solved by an alternate method). After the RAM issue was resolved, I noticed I had no audio and my HD audio controller had a yellow sign next to it. I assume that this is why I have no audio. I am...
  9. High Definition Audio Controller Issues

High Definition Audio Controller Issues: As of today my computer's audio has stopped working. I check in Device Manager and see that there is an issue with the "High Definition Audio Controller". I tried disabling it and enabling it but that did not work. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and it still did...
  10. High Definition Audio Controller Not Working

High Definition Audio Controller Not Working: Hello, Microsoft Engineers, Spontaneously, I noticed that my Logitech g230 Headset output wasn't being recognized in my mixer. Then I went to my device manager and realized that under High Definition Audio Controller the device status says, This device cannot start. (Code...