Windows 10: " High Definition Audio Controller Failed. "

Discus and support " High Definition Audio Controller Failed. " in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, guys. I booted up my computer yesterday ( I've had it since 2018 ) and there was no sound. I decided to look in Device Manager, and it said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanielKurt101, Oct 9, 2019.

1. " High Definition Audio Controller Failed. "

Hi there, guys. I booted up my computer yesterday ( I've had it since 2018 ) and there was no sound.

I decided to look in Device Manager, and it said that High Definition Audio Controller had failed with the error code:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
    The requested operation was unsuccessful.

I have tried to uninstall the driver, restart the PC. No Success.

I checked for windows update. No Success.

I tried to roll back the driver. I couldn't as it was never updated, it just stopped working out of the blue. No Success.

And finally today, I just reset my whole pc and wiped the whole thing. Guess what?

NO SUCCESS.

HARDWARE:

Intel I5-8400

4GB GTX 1050TI

ASUS PRIME-H310M-K

1TB Storage

8GB RAM

If anyone would be willing to help me, I'd really appreciate it as I have tried a lot of things and it's not working.

Please and thank you!

:)

DanielKurt101, Oct 9, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Not Working

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to update the driver and check if the issue persist.

Follow the steps to Update the driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.
    • Select the Driver tab.
    • Click on Update Driver.
    • Select the option “browse my computer for driver software”.
    • Select the option “let me pick up a list of device drivers on my computer”.
    • Select the High Definition Audio Device instead of IDT High Definition" And click next.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Oct 9, 2019
  3. smj100 Win User
    Code 10 for High Definition Audio Controller

On an Asus N55SF, upgrading Windows 10 from version 1607 to 1709 (a reset install from USB, since numerous attempts through Windows update had failed to complete) caused havoc in that the High Definition Audio Controller (Device Manager – System devices)
    subsequently refused to start; the dreaded Code 10 error. No such issues ever noted under version 1607.

Having then tried a host of suggestions posted online, and several combinations thereof, including Windows’ Troubleshoot – Playing Audio and Troubleshoot – Hardware and Devices, checking under Services if Windows Audio is running, removing and reinstalling
    different versions of Realtek High Definition Audio drivers, Intel graphics and chipset drivers, modifying the registry (deleting UpperFilter values), all to no avail, the issue looked hopelessly deadlocked. An external USB DAC (Denon DA-10) was working fine
    all the time.

However, one BIOS (ver. 207) setting on this Asus N55SF machine presents an apparently working work-around, if not a real solution: under the “Advanced” tab, when “Play POST Sound” is set to “Yes”, it enables the High Definition Audio Controller to start
    when loading Windows, and the Realtek High Definiton Audio devices (both speakers and microphone) to work again. One then has to live with a sound being played at Windows startup and shut-down, but the “Speaker Volume” for this sound can be set to low (“1”)
    in the BIOS settings.

The Realtek High Definiton Audio driver 6.0.1.7571 was automatically installed by Windows, but it did not work well; the best results so far on this machine with Windows 10 version 1709 have been with the Realtek High Definiton Audio driver 6.0.1.6413 (for
    Windows 7) from Asus Support. It does, however, fail to install Asus Sonic Master. That does not matter much to me. The most recent driver versions 6.0.1.8219 and 6.0.1.8228 found at the excellent Asus driver resources site
    Blog - Ivan Ridao Freitas install OK, but run less stably in this case than version 6.0.1.6413.

smj100, Oct 9, 2019
  4. DeonFoo Win User

" High Definition Audio Controller Failed. "

Windows High Definition Audio Controller Code 10

Hi all, my High Definition Audio Controller shows up in Device Manager with a yellow exclamation mark and has code 10 in its Properties. I can't play any sound at all. I've tried:

-Uninstalling the High Definition Audio Controller and restarting my computer to no avail

-Using Windows Troubleshooter which couldn't identify the problem. It just said "High Definition Audio Controller has a driver problem".

I'm using Windows on a partition in my 2012 Macbook Pro running Mojave. The Windows partition was installed using a bootable USB.

DeonFoo, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

" High Definition Audio Controller Failed. "

1. " High Definition Audio Controller Failed. " - Similar Threads - High Definition Audio

2. download high definition audio controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    download high definition audio controller: how to download high definition audio controller for window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-high-definition-audio-controller/2aa8adf7-1879-4d56-98f2-5eeab129ae26
  3. High Definition Audio Controler is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Definition Audio Controler is not working: Hello,My system information as below:Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz Installed RAM: 8.00 GB System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition: Windows 10 Pro Version: 21H2 download audio driver from manufacturer website.I have install...
  4. High Definition Audio Controler is not working

High Definition Audio Controler is not working: Hello,My system information as below:Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz Installed RAM: 8.00 GB System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition: Windows 10 Pro Version: 21H2 download audio driver from manufacturer website.I have install...
  5. high definition audio controller error

high definition audio controller error: so as expected i have the basic no sound problem ... u would think that its a easy fix but no.. i have tried everything i could possibly do but if i install a windows that is 7 or up the sound does not work ive tried windows xp and it works lol ive tried a fake version of...
  6. High Definition Audio Controller Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Definition Audio Controller Error: Ok, so the other night, my PC worked just fine, I came home last night turned it on and it doesnt have any output or input for audio. I check device manager and see that it says that my Realtek is unplugged. I found this under, desktop-sound, video and game controllers so...
  7. High Definition Audio Controller Broken

High Definition Audio Controller Broken: Hi, according to my device manager the high definition audio controller is not working, and as a result my audio is currently not working. In trying to fix this issue, I've attempted the various suggestions offered within the other threads regarding this specific issue, yet...
  8. High Definition Audio Controller is not working

High Definition Audio Controller is not working: Hello, I recently did a BIOS reset on my computer to fix a RAM issue (it was solved by an alternate method). After the RAM issue was resolved, I noticed I had no audio and my HD audio controller had a yellow sign next to it. I assume that this is why I have no audio. I am...
  9. High Definition Audio Controller Issues

High Definition Audio Controller Issues: As of today my computer's audio has stopped working. I check in Device Manager and see that there is an issue with the "High Definition Audio Controller". I tried disabling it and enabling it but that did not work. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and it still did...
  10. High Definition Audio Controller Not Working

High Definition Audio Controller Not Working: Hello, Microsoft Engineers, Spontaneously, I noticed that my Logitech g230 Headset output wasn't being recognized in my mixer. Then I went to my device manager and realized that under High Definition Audio Controller the device status says, This device cannot start. (Code...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. soundkarte idt high definition audio codec