Windows 10: High Definition Audio Device causes cursor lag spikes

Discus and support High Definition Audio Device causes cursor lag spikes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have been having mouse issues for several hours. About every ten seconds, the cursor will freeze in place, and then catch up to where my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hypernova0, Jun 19, 2019.

1. High Definition Audio Device causes cursor lag spikes

Hello,

I have been having mouse issues for several hours. About every ten seconds, the cursor will freeze in place, and then catch up to where my mouse is about a second later. As mild as it is, it's very annoying. I went through the usual steps, updating mouse drivers, graphics card drivers, plugging into different usb ports etc. In safe mode, this didn't happen. Task manager showed no spikes in disk or CPU usage when the cursor lag happened. I finally found a tip that audio drivers can sometimes interfere with the mouse. In my device manager, I have two audio drivers. "High Definition Audio Device" by Microsoft, and NVIDIA High Definition Audio. Disabling or uninstalling NVIDIA High Definition Audio does nothing, but when I disable or uninstall High Definition Audio Device, the lag spikes don't happen. Of course, then I have no audio. What can I do? Do I have to choose audio or functional mouse?

Thanks for your time.

:)

Hypernova0, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Not Working

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to update the driver and check if the issue persist.

Follow the steps to Update the driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.
    • Select the Driver tab.
    • Click on Update Driver.
    • Select the option “browse my computer for driver software”.
    • Select the option “let me pick up a list of device drivers on my computer”.
    • Select the High Definition Audio Device instead of IDT High Definition" And click next.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jun 19, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

Hi Davide

The High Definition Audio drivers are built into Windows already

Right click that device in Device Manager, choose 'Update Driver

Then choose 'Browse my computer for Driver Software' - 'Let me pick from a list of available drivers'

If you do not see the default High Definition Audio device, untick 'Show Compatible Hardware'

On the left, select Microsoft, then on the right scroll down to find 'High Definition Audio Device Version 10.0. . . . .

DaveM121, Jun 19, 2019
  4. High Definition Audio Device causes cursor lag spikes

AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In

John,

Thanks for your suggestion, but the sound playback device was greyed out again this morning and reads: "AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In".

Once again, uninstalling AMD High Definition Audio Device and deleting the driver in the Device Manager and rebooting brought the sound device back.

Any other ideas?

Nada Realname, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

High Definition Audio Device causes cursor lag spikes

1. High Definition Audio Device causes cursor lag spikes - Similar Threads - High Definition Audio

2. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High definition audio device: I have been trying to update my HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE DRIVER. However the following message pops up - windows found drives for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them. This device cannot startcode 10.How do I go about this....
  3. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High definition audio device: I have been trying to update my HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE DRIVER. However the following message pops up - windows found drives for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them. This device cannot startcode 10.How do I go about this....
  4. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. High Definition Audio Device Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Definition Audio Device Issue: I've tried everything from factory resetting, going into the device manager and updating and rolling back the High Definition Audio Device over and over, installing all sorts of other audio drives. I've been trying all sorts of things for 2 days straight, I'm on the brink of...
  6. High Definition Audio Device Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Definition Audio Device Issue: I've tried everything from factory resetting, going into the device manager and updating and rolling back the High Definition Audio Device over and over, installing all sorts of other audio drives. I've been trying all sorts of things for 2 days straight, I'm on the brink of...
  7. MEDIA - High Definition Audio Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MEDIA - High Definition Audio Device: Hi,I have got a Laptop from a friend of mine back in Oct 2021 an it did have windows 10 on it an the computer couldn't handle it so I was able to get it back to Windows 8.1 that's not the problem that I am having with the Laptop..I have got a MEDIA - High Definition Audio...
  8. High definition audio devices not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High definition audio devices not working.: I was listening to YouTube on my desktop and I decided that I was gonna plug the speakers instead of the headphones. I pulled out the pc to swap audio Jack and when I was putting it back it restarted, idk I thought the power cable must have temporarily disconnected. It turned...
  9. high definition audio device

high definition audio device: Hello, I have tried for days. Everytime I get a windows update my sound is shut off. I have tried a dozen times to download "high defintion audio device" but it will not show up in device manager under sound to install it. Any advice?...
  10. AMD High Definition Audio Device

AMD High Definition Audio Device: How can I find out which AMD High Definition Audio Device I need for my computer? My sound device uninstalled during a Windows 10 update on 10/10/2018. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-high-definition-audio-device/507b8744-66b7-4ac7-9421-ba39c3057bb1