Windows 10: High Definition Audio Device - DTS Playback

Discus and support High Definition Audio Device - DTS Playback in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. My Audio Driver is automatically installed by Windows Update and is working fine except for DTS playback. I tried DTS/AC3 Source Filter and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tommygun, Mar 15, 2017.

1. tommygun Win User

High Definition Audio Device - DTS Playback

Hi.

My Audio Driver is automatically installed by Windows Update and is working fine except for DTS playback.

I tried DTS/AC3 Source Filter and AC3Filter, but none of them work.

Does anyone know how to get this fixed without telling me to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer, because they got only a Windows 8 driver available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

:)

tommygun, Mar 15, 2017

2. Windows 10 not detecting my speakers (3.5mm jack in green port)

Hi lacrumb

I have clicked on the speaker on my taskbar, selected 'Playback Devices', it states that my speakers are not plugged in (even though they are). 'Digital Audio (S/PDIF)' is the default playback device (which I think is the problem).

I have gone to 'Device Manager' and tried uninstalling my 'AMD High Definition Device' and 'IDT High Definition Audio CODEC' and reinstalling.

I have also updated the 'IDT High Definition Audio CODEC' driver and selected 'High Definition Audio Device' from the model options, this worked for a couple of days but stopped working again.

Not sure what else I can do.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Paul.

PaulBailey84, Mar 15, 2017
  3. LNSO Win User
    On-board audio on Dell Optiplex 780 / Windows 10 stopped working today

Hi Arul,

In my playback tab I have three devices

AMD HDMI Output

AMD High definition Audio Device

Not plugged in

Speakers

High definition Audio Device

Default Device

Headphones

High definition Audio Device

Disabled

though i think the speakers refer to plug in speakers ( which I don't have ) and I want to use the internal speaker

thanks

4. High Definition Audio Device - DTS Playback

Hi Tommy.

Could you share what sound adapter you have?

Thanks

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 15, 2017
  5. tommygun Win User
    ....... thanks for your reply.

Tt's IDT on a Dell Inspiron N5110 notebook. .......

tommygun, Mar 16, 2017
  6. After some searching I keep coming up with IDT 92HD87 for your unit. Most if not all fixes say just what you don't want to hear so I won't type it.

Can I ask is your computer using the named driver from Win 8 or did Windows install a generic windows driver. If Windows did install its own driver then I would suggest yoou downgrade drive to your Windows 8 driver as a test.

If this works then we have to tell Windows to lay off the drivers.

There seems to be an absence of documentation on this device. Now I believe one individual did the opposite. Uninstalled IDT driver and ran with Windows, seem to have some success. Link below.

Solved: Windows 10 IDT High Definition Audio Driver Bug Report. - HP Support Forum - 5175005

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 16, 2017
  7. tommygun Win User
    ....... thanks for your effort to look into this matter.

I think I tried everything by now but can't get it to work.

Before I was using the generic Windows driver and now I've installed a Dell driver for my latop model which is in fact a Windows 7 driver.

It works absolutely perfect and Windows 10 got no issues with it as well.

The only thing is that I can't get the DTS WAV playback working and believe me I tried all the workarounds I could find on the internet.

By the way, Windows didn't even let me install the other drivers I tried for Windows 8.1, not even in compatibility mode.

Included IDT 92HD87 (last updated 09 Jan 2012) suggested by you, the one I'm using right now is the IDT 92HD87B1 (last updated 04 Sep 2015)

I'll keep trying anyway, because I think there must be a solution - Hopefully.

If you got another idea please let me know.

Thanks again .......

tommygun, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

High Definition Audio Device - DTS Playback

1. High Definition Audio Device - DTS Playback - Similar Threads - High Definition Audio

2. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High definition audio device: I have been trying to update my HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE DRIVER. However the following message pops up - windows found drives for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them. This device cannot startcode 10.How do I go about this....
  3. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High definition audio device: I have been trying to update my HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE DRIVER. However the following message pops up - windows found drives for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them. This device cannot startcode 10.How do I go about this....
  4. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. High Definition Audio Device Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Definition Audio Device Issue: I've tried everything from factory resetting, going into the device manager and updating and rolling back the High Definition Audio Device over and over, installing all sorts of other audio drives. I've been trying all sorts of things for 2 days straight, I'm on the brink of...
  6. MEDIA - High Definition Audio Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MEDIA - High Definition Audio Device: Hi,I have got a Laptop from a friend of mine back in Oct 2021 an it did have windows 10 on it an the computer couldn't handle it so I was able to get it back to Windows 8.1 that's not the problem that I am having with the Laptop..I have got a MEDIA - High Definition Audio...
  7. High definition audio devices not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High definition audio devices not working.: I was listening to YouTube on my desktop and I decided that I was gonna plug the speakers instead of the headphones. I pulled out the pc to swap audio Jack and when I was putting it back it restarted, idk I thought the power cable must have temporarily disconnected. It turned...
  8. high definition audio device

high definition audio device: Hello, I have tried for days. Everytime I get a windows update my sound is shut off. I have tried a dozen times to download "high defintion audio device" but it will not show up in device manager under sound to install it. Any advice?...
  9. Reaktek high definition audio not showing up in playback device menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reaktek high definition audio not showing up in playback device menu.: [ATTACH] I tried reinstalling everything realtek audio related, yet nothing happens. When I try opening the realtek audo manager it just doesn't open up. Tried updating drivers through device manager, but it isn't under Sound, Video and game controllers. Help Device...
  10. AMD High Definition Audio Device

AMD High Definition Audio Device: How can I find out which AMD High Definition Audio Device I need for my computer? My sound device uninstalled during a Windows 10 update on 10/10/2018. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-high-definition-audio-device/507b8744-66b7-4ac7-9421-ba39c3057bb1