Windows 10: "High Definition Audio Driver" Not showing

Discus and support "High Definition Audio Driver" Not showing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having trouble with my microphone not working, and I do believe that it is caused by not having the correct audio driver. I have a Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Teresa_m., Jan 8, 2021.

1. Teresa_m. Win User

"High Definition Audio Driver" Not showing

Hello,

I'm having trouble with my microphone not working, and I do believe that it is caused by not having the correct audio driver. I have a Dell with a reg model code of P69G. Also, when I have my Runmas headset plugged in, it does not show on my Sound Control panel as well as is incredibly buggy and not only pauses or plays my audio randomly, but adjusts the volume on its own. I have read that it may be a driver issue causing this. When I open the control panel and sounds, there is only the Stereo mix and the realtek audio and the headset doesn't show up. When I open my device manager>sound, video, and game controllers I do not have the "Realtek high definition audio" driver, only the following:

"High Definition Audio Driver" Not showing ae25107d-3e56-49bb-9b1e-0357b0addea3?upload=true.png

How can I go about fixing this? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the driver? Or do I need a new driver altogether?

Thanks in advance :

:)

Teresa_m., Jan 8, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

Hi Davide

The High Definition Audio drivers are built into Windows already

Right click that device in Device Manager, choose 'Update Driver

Then choose 'Browse my computer for Driver Software' - 'Let me pick from a list of available drivers'

If you do not see the default High Definition Audio device, untick 'Show Compatible Hardware'

On the left, select Microsoft, then on the right scroll down to find 'High Definition Audio Device Version 10.0. . . . .

DaveM121, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Not Working

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to update the driver and check if the issue persist.

Follow the steps to Update the driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.
    • Select the Driver tab.
    • Click on Update Driver.
    • Select the option “browse my computer for driver software”.
    • Select the option “let me pick up a list of device drivers on my computer”.
    • Select the High Definition Audio Device instead of IDT High Definition" And click next.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jan 8, 2021
  4. "High Definition Audio Driver" Not showing

Microsoft High Definition Audio Device Driver Abruptly Stopped Working

I tried the steps you suggested, but the symptoms remain the same. I HAVE to use the Realtek driver to get any sound to my external speakers. The Microsoft High Definition Audio will get sound to my laptop's onboard speakers, but not out the line out.
    The Realtek driver still has the delay at the beginning of playing any audio. I found that the the Plug and Play service was not set to automatic, so I changed it so it now does, but of possible significance is that there is no "Multimedia Class Scheduler"
    on my list of services. Please advise.

AaronMorris1, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

"High Definition Audio Driver" Not showing

1. "High Definition Audio Driver" Not showing - Similar Threads - High Definition Audio

2. High definition audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High definition audio: Hello everyone, I encountered such a problem that the Microsoft high-definition audio controller writes code 10, the requested operation was not completed. I reinstalled the driver, nothing helps....
  3. High definition audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High definition audio: Hello everyone, I encountered such a problem that the Microsoft high-definition audio controller writes code 10, the requested operation was not completed. I reinstalled the driver, nothing helps....
  4. High definition audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. High definition audio drivers

High definition audio drivers: I was previously using the high definition audio drivers from windows but I wanted to try out realtek, after using realtek I wanted to switch back to my windows audio drivers but it disappeared and I can only find it in the Audio Inputs and outputs section on the device...
  6. realtek high definition audio driver not showing in device manager

realtek high definition audio driver not showing in device manager: Hi, I have dell XPS 9700 running Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Installed on ‎1/‎2/‎2021 OS build 19042.685 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 The realtek high defintion audio driver is not showing under Device Manager >> Sound, Video and game...
  7. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver: I have no sound on my pc, unable to reinstall Realtek High Definition Audio Driver in my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-high-definition-audio-driver/169252cf-69d0-4fa0-aecf-c430fc1e10de
  8. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver not showing in device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver not showing in device manager: XPS 15 9570 Intel Core i7-8750H @ 2.20 GHz I bought this computer two years ago and have never had any problems with it. I have been dealing with Wi-Fi/audio driver problems off and on for over a week now. I kept having to restart my computer often to fix these problems,...
  9. realtek high definition audio drivers

realtek high definition audio drivers: i have a windows 10 dell desktop computer 64 bit 8gig memory..my question is this ..the audio drivers are high definition drivers manufactured by Microsoft..i would like to replace them with realtek high definition audio drivers is this possible and if so how do i do it...
  10. Intel High Definition Audio Driver

Intel High Definition Audio Driver: When I press the volume keys on my keyboard there is no display indicating this, and there is no sound through the laptop or the headphones. When I clicked on the volume icon a window opened and automatically scanned for hardware changes, detecting that there had been none....