Windows 10: High disc use

Discus and support High disc use in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My wifes Toshiba laptop usage seems always to be at or near 100%, slows down or completely freezes. The usage varies every second but the most popular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TomDuncan001, Feb 14, 2019.

1. High disc use

My wifes Toshiba laptop usage seems always to be at or near 100%, slows down or completely freezes. The usage varies every second but the most popular are Registry, System, and then sometime Microsoft malicious s, content service host, stand alone update and so on. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

TomDuncan001, Feb 14, 2019

2. Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 14, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Feb 14, 2019
  4. High disc use

Burning photos to a CD Disc

Hi Jimmy,

We suggest that you use Windows Media Player to burn the images. Please follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Media Player.
    • In the Player Library > Burn tab > select
      Burn options
    • Choose Audio CD or Data CD or DVD.
    • Insert a blank disc into your CD or DVD burner. (Select the drive you want to use if your PC has more than one CD or DVD drive)
    • Search for the items in your Player Library that you want to burn to the disc, and then drag them to the list pane (on the right side of the Player Library) to create a burn list.
    • When you're finished with the list, select Start burn.
    Note: If necessary, click the Clear list button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

High disc use

1. High disc use - Similar Threads - High disc

2. High Ping but really good internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Ping but really good internet: I moved my internet router upstairs closer to me so i can get better performance on my pc, so i connected my pc ethernet to a xfinity pod and suddenly i was getting high ping but my download speeds and upload and really good and its showing my ping to be 17. When i load into...
  3. High fluctuating disc usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High fluctuating disc usage: Straight to the pointI brought my laptop like 10 days agoAfter some time high disc usage problems occurred I've tried everything to solve it even a factory reset tooBut nothing helpedThen i stop diagtrack services and it came to normalBut after that my disc is like...
  4. High CPU, Memory And Disc Usage By ntoskrnl.exe

High CPU, Memory And Disc Usage By ntoskrnl.exe: Hi Before I tell you my problem, I think you should know some history. I successfully updated my 32 bit of windows 10 to 64 bit windows 10. The problem started the next day when my laptop started to hang and when i opened task manager it showed that more than 40% of CPU and...
  5. Constant high pitched noise from disc? after firmware update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Constant high pitched noise from disc? after firmware update: Hello, Yesterday I performed a recommended Windows 10 firmware update and, ever since there has been a soft high pitched noise that appears to be coming from the disc. Can anyone recommend a cause/solution? We have Dell G3 that is just on a year old and has not had any...
  6. High disc usage when running srtasks.exe

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High disc usage when running srtasks.exe: Every now and then, my disc usage goes through the roof, slowing down whatever I'm trying to do. When I looked at Task Manager today, Microsoft System Protection Background Tasks was running, accessing the disc at 99% capacity. It took 15 minutes for it to settle down. Is...
  7. Known Windows 10 high disc usage bug

Known Windows 10 high disc usage bug: Since I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, I've been having issues with my system freezing and then sometimes going to the 'blue' screen. I started running task manager and I can see that the disc usage spikes to 100% intermittently and then comes back down. This is...
  8. Disc Usage REALLY High. Tuning it up - It's getting better, but need INSIGHT with WINDOWS...

Disc Usage REALLY High. Tuning it up - It's getting better, but need INSIGHT with WINDOWS...: Disc Usage REALLY High. Tuning it up - It's getting better, but need INSIGHT with WINDOWS 10 PRO Tuning I recently Installed some programs that were killing my RAM. I have uninstalled them, and have IOBit System Care which showed my disk usage was extremely high. It's...
  9. Windows 10 high CPU usage & 100% Disc usage

Windows 10 high CPU usage & 100% Disc usage: I got a brand new laptop. I haven't downloaded anything on it yet because I plan on adding a SSD & another 4gigs of ram for a total of 8. Well, I've done all the updates & such to get it to the latest version of windows 10 home. It seemed to be running fine ,just browsing the...
  10. Host process for windows services high, CPU, Ram, Disc and Network Usage

Host process for windows services high, CPU, Ram, Disc and Network Usage: Host process for windows services high, CPU, Ram, Disc, Network Usage (and or) .. See a lot of people having these problems with Windows 7 through 10. Seems when they get on the web and ask the skilled they get all sorts of technical procedures to find and then fix the...