Windows 10: High disk and cpu usage all the time

Discus and support High disk and cpu usage all the time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have - Dell Inspiron 5567 Intel CoreTM i7-7500U RAM - 16 GB When i bought my laptop, in starting days it's running quite well but after few days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by abdul3365, Jul 15, 2019.

1. abdul3365 Win User

High disk and cpu usage all the time

I have -

Dell Inspiron 5567

Intel CoreTM i7-7500U

RAM - 16 GB

When i bought my laptop, in starting days it's running quite well but after few days in task manager it shows disk usage 100% with or without any running application so I run my drivers update some of them are updated(i updated according to the order given by DELL on there website) but the disk usage remain 100%, after that i made my windows disc image via MICROSOFT TOOL(on my same computer which have problem and also it's genuine Windows 10) so after successfull disc image i deleted my entire disk data(to get fresh start) and after installation of windows 10, i again visited DELL DRIVER CENTRE to download DRIVERS and I have installed each and every drivers in order as recommend by

DELL SUPPORT

http://www.dell.com/support/article/in/en/indhs1/sln148687/how-to-reinstall-drivers-in-the-correct-order?lang=enand i made single restart after single installation of driver as it required by DRIVERS.

at last i updated every drivers and after that i checked for WINDOWS UPDATE and updated also

now my laptop have updated drivers and windows updated but when i run any software to install or browsing task manager shows 100% disk usage

then i fully diagnose my laptop by DELL

http://www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/indhs1/product-support/servicetag/9g7xk22/diagnose

and after scanning nothing error or issue found

so i visited dell technical support and followed their instruction as given by their officials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiB6B55c77o

and yes my AHCI driver is iaSTARA.sys not storahci.sys , so no issue with AHCI driver

now i made each and every possible way to get rid off from 100% disk usage

MICROSOFT please help me out for 100% disk usage.

:)

abdul3365, Jul 15, 2019
  2. fadi Win User

High cpu and disk usage

after updating the wifi driver it seems that it's now normal.

High disk and cpu usage all the time [​IMG]

This is sample from windows update there is a very long list and I didn't notice any update failure.

High disk and cpu usage all the time [​IMG]

3. High CPU Usage and High Disk Usage on Windows 8.

Hello, i've got problem with Windows 8. Yesterday, i've installed cleaned Windows 8, and i've got High CPU Usage and High Disk Usage. How can i fix this problem?

Extremor200, Jul 15, 2019
  4. BillZA Win User

HIGH CPU USAGE!

Hi harrsionsouthby

Thank you so much for your prompt response. I downloaded and ran the tool but no problems were detected. All processes passed. A useful tool to have though. CPU usage seems to have improved though after making a few tweaks suggested on the Microsoft Community.
    But now I'm battling more with high disk usage.

Regards

BillZA, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

1. High disk and cpu usage all the time - Similar Threads - High disk cpu

2. High CPU & Disk Space Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU & Disk Space Usage: Hello Microsoft Community.Hoping to get some help to troubleshoot some issues I've had with my laptop for a while now.Primary pain point is that the computer boots and runs extremely slowly. This has been the case for a long time. CPU and/or Disk tend to run at 100%. I'm...
  3. High CPU & Disk Space Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU & Disk Space Usage: Hello Microsoft Community.Hoping to get some help to troubleshoot some issues I've had with my laptop for a while now.Primary pain point is that the computer boots and runs extremely slowly. This has been the case for a long time. CPU and/or Disk tend to run at 100%. I'm...
  4. High CPU Usage at all times

High CPU Usage at all times: I have at least 60% CPU usage always. When I check in processes, I see that Discord is using 40% of cpu, so I went to try and fix that. Nothing worked. But the problem is that even when Discord isn't running, I still have problems with my cpu usage. If I dont use Discord,...
  5. high CPU and disk usage

high CPU and disk usage: My laptop has been with this problem for days in which sometimes the programs do not respondor they take a long time to respondI already restored windows and I still have the same problemthe cpu reaches 70%and disk 100%...
  6. High CPU and Disk usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High CPU and Disk usage.: My 3 year old PC suffers from high CPU and Disk usage. If one is normal the other goes up to %100. This continues for more than a year. I cleaned my PC, changed the thermal cooler of the CPU, resetted the whole system but still couldn't get rid of the problem. The weird...
  7. High CPU, Memory & Disk Usage

High CPU, Memory & Disk Usage: Hello Microsoft! I am new to post here so please don't kill me if I am doing wrong things here. I am in dire need of some tech support. I am becoming upset of what is happening with my laptop now. It responds so slow and often displays "not responding". My works were already...
  8. CPU/DISK high Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU/DISK high Usage: hello guys, I have a Laptop MSI GL72 6QD since 2 days ago i started having some problems with high usage of cpu/disk/gpu more than as the usual. the game i used to play is a mmo but it just started happening from nowhere . [ATTACH]...
  9. High cpu and disk usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High cpu and disk usage: Hi everyone I have an old Acer laptop. It has the issue of consuming high levels of disk and CPU when applications are running. I tried to do windows 10 reset, but the issue still exist. Thanks in advance 82730
  10. High CPU Usage 99-100% at all times

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU Usage 99-100% at all times: Hello everyone, I recently started noticing my computer's cpu usage has been off the charts. I am currently unaware of what is causing it. I have run full system scans with my antivirus (Bitdefender 2017) and have run checks from windows. As i look at the usage in task...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft phone high cpu time