Windows 10: High Disk Usage Caused by Windows Event Log

Discus and support High Disk Usage Caused by Windows Event Log in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've issues in the disk usage of some of desktops inside company is reach highly disk usage usually stay at 100% but it couldn`t drop down even though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mohamed AbdelkarimF, Mar 1, 2020.

1. High Disk Usage Caused by Windows Event Log

I've issues in the disk usage of some of desktops inside company is reach highly disk usage usually stay at 100% but it couldn`t drop down even though I only opened task manager and find that Windows Event Log take most of this usage !!

I've been looking at the task manager while not running any program ,and the usage is still the same. system and event log usually could take most of this highly usage .

please advice.

Windows version :

Windows 10 pro

Version 1909

Os build 18363.535

:)

Mohamed AbdelkarimF, Mar 1, 2020

2. Very High Disk Usage Caused by Windows Event Log

Hi Erzawan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to high disk usage on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, I would like to know the build version of Windows 10 that you are using.

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try performing a Clean Boot on the PC to isolate the issue related to a background process causing Event Log to be triggered. Refer the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot on the computer.
    However, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

If the disk usage is normal after performing Clean Boot, then you can refer the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    from the Clean Boot article.

Note: Please refer the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 1, 2020
  3. AUTiger1 Win User
    High Disk Usage

Hi all, I'm struggling with finding things to fix my high disk usage. I've spent many months searching the internet and doing all the listed suggestions like disabling SuperFetch, Windows Defender, Updating drivers, ect. and still I'm stuck with a high disk usage. Here's a screen shot I took immediately following a restart and opening up to a new Firefox window.

High Disk Usage Caused by Windows Event Log [​IMG]

I have noticed Service Host: Local System takes up quite a bit of disk usage and that if I close it and let it open back up all by itself then it immediately makes my disk usage drop into a much more manageable 40-60% usage range. But eventually after a while it maxes out again and I have to close it out again. It's an annoying step just to be able to use my computer.

Also, I have noticed that after working with my mom's computer today, that her disk usage when no programs are running is only like 5%. Makes me wonder why my computer can have no programs running but my disk usage never drops below 30% and sits in the 40-60% range with spikes up over 75%.

I honestly don't know enough about computers to do much more than I already have without causing major issues. BTW, just a couple weeks ago I had to do a Windows reinstall, not a complete reinstall, just the basic reinstall they allow you to do on Windows 10 where you still keep all your personal files. Ever since that a lot of times when I try to open a process like Run or Task Manager I'll get an error message that it can't open and then I do it again and it will open the second time.

Here's a screenshot of my computer information so you can see what I'm working with here.

High Disk Usage Caused by Windows Event Log [​IMG]

AUTiger1, Mar 1, 2020
  4. High Disk Usage Caused by Windows Event Log

System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

High Disk Usage Caused by Windows Event Log

1. High Disk Usage Caused by Windows Event Log - Similar Threads - High Disk Usage

2. Windows Event Log - 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Event Log - 100% disk usage: For several days now my system has been running very slow and examining the Task Manager I see very high disk usage for the Windows Event Log. I have read many threads on this issue and all seem to imply that the Event Log is simply doing its job and the 'events' are not a...
  3. Windows Event Log - 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Event Log - 100% disk usage: For several days now my system has been running very slow and examining the Task Manager I see very high disk usage for the Windows Event Log. I have read many threads on this issue and all seem to imply that the Event Log is simply doing its job and the 'events' are not a...
  4. Windows Event Log - 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. High disk usage cause of system process

High disk usage cause of system process: I am having problem with 100% disk usage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-disk-usage-cause-of-system-process/8f559f1a-634a-469f-9898-96ecaad3065c
  6. System causing high disk usage

System causing high disk usage: I tried everything regarding this issue!!! It still causes high disk usage. It is mentionable that keeping the screen idle for some time reduces the disk usage for the "system" but keeping idle every time is not possible as I have work to do. Please give me solutions other...
  7. System causing high disk usage

System causing high disk usage: I don't want to describe anything!! See the screenshot and give me a fix. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-causing-high-disk-usage/af41e44e-be3d-49d9-85d0-816bd7639b41
  8. Service Host - Windows Event Log High Disk Usage backing file max size

Service Host - Windows Event Log High Disk Usage backing file max size: Windows 10.0.19041.662 Service Host: Windows Event Log constantly at 80%-100%. Event Viewer shows a Warning in Kernel-EventTracing every few seconds entry for: The backing-file for the real-time session "EventLog-Application" has reached its maximum size. As a result, new...
  9. Windows event log high disk usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows event log high disk usage: since about 3hours ago my pc has been very slow and unresponsive and in task manager event logger is the culprit, but i checked event logger to see if there was ant errors but nothing was worth worrying about and its really annoying submitted by /u/ArmaVETT [link]...
  10. Very High Disk Usage Caused by Windows Event Log

Very High Disk Usage Caused by Windows Event Log: So I just reset my Laptop because of another problem and since I reset it and Install some basic software like office and Nvidia driver while also checking and updating updates via windows update, I've been noticing that the disk usage of my laptop is relatively high (usually...