Windows 10: High Disk usage causing my PC to freeze

Discus and support High Disk usage causing my PC to freeze in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So recently while playing games my computer jumped up to 100% disk usage and freezes. When this happenes the read and write speeds are very low... I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheRealDeadGavin, Nov 16, 2019.

1. High Disk usage causing my PC to freeze

So recently while playing games my computer jumped up to 100% disk usage and freezes. When this happenes the read and write speeds are very low... I tried disabling superfetch and stuff like that.. CrystalDisk shows no issues. Is there any settings that could be causing this or are my SSD and HDD dying?

Here are my crystaldisk stats:

HDD: https://imgur.com/a/4il0lcB

SSD: https://imgur.com/a/8LWTMUc#TWUxewo

Can anyone provide any help? :>

submitted by /u/TheRealDeadGavin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheRealDeadGavin, Nov 16, 2019

2. System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 16, 2019
  3. AUTiger1 Win User
    High Disk Usage

Hi all, I'm struggling with finding things to fix my high disk usage. I've spent many months searching the internet and doing all the listed suggestions like disabling SuperFetch, Windows Defender, Updating drivers, ect. and still I'm stuck with a high disk usage. Here's a screen shot I took immediately following a restart and opening up to a new Firefox window.

High Disk usage causing my PC to freeze [​IMG]

I have noticed Service Host: Local System takes up quite a bit of disk usage and that if I close it and let it open back up all by itself then it immediately makes my disk usage drop into a much more manageable 40-60% usage range. But eventually after a while it maxes out again and I have to close it out again. It's an annoying step just to be able to use my computer.

Also, I have noticed that after working with my mom's computer today, that her disk usage when no programs are running is only like 5%. Makes me wonder why my computer can have no programs running but my disk usage never drops below 30% and sits in the 40-60% range with spikes up over 75%.

I honestly don't know enough about computers to do much more than I already have without causing major issues. BTW, just a couple weeks ago I had to do a Windows reinstall, not a complete reinstall, just the basic reinstall they allow you to do on Windows 10 where you still keep all your personal files. Ever since that a lot of times when I try to open a process like Run or Task Manager I'll get an error message that it can't open and then I do it again and it will open the second time.

Here's a screenshot of my computer information so you can see what I'm working with here.

High Disk usage causing my PC to freeze [​IMG]

AUTiger1, Nov 16, 2019
  4. High Disk usage causing my PC to freeze

Disk usage high upto 100% on Windows 10

Original title:- Windows 10 high disk usage

Disbled windows search and the superfetch

Disabled one drive.

Done the sfc /SCANNOW

System and compressed memory and service host: local service (network restricted) 7 causing 100% disk usage. Nothing shows under disk tab in resource monitor. Shows nothing going off the charts.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Basically my pc freezes and never stops until i hard reset. Always seems to happen 5-10 minutes after i restarted and logged in

Blackrock2318, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

High Disk usage causing my PC to freeze

1. High Disk usage causing my PC to freeze - Similar Threads - High Disk usage

2. RAID causing 100% disk usage freeze?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAID causing 100% disk usage freeze?: Hello,I installed two Sata HDD Drives in Raid 0, so I had to switch from AHCI to Raid. Therefore I did a clean install with the latest windows versions and raid drivers 2.20.1937 using RAID_NVMe_DID. Every single time I end up with a clean systems randomly freezing with 100%...
  3. RAID causing 100% disk usage freeze?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAID causing 100% disk usage freeze?: Hello,I installed two Sata HDD Drives in Raid 0, so I had to switch from AHCI to Raid. Therefore I did a clean install with the latest windows versions and raid drivers 2.20.1937 using RAID_NVMe_DID. Every single time I end up with a clean systems randomly freezing with 100%...
  4. High disk usage cause of system process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High disk usage cause of system process: I am having problem with 100% disk usage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-disk-usage-cause-of-system-process/8f559f1a-634a-469f-9898-96ecaad3065c
  5. System causing high disk usage

System causing high disk usage: I tried everything regarding this issue!!! It still causes high disk usage. It is mentionable that keeping the screen idle for some time reduces the disk usage for the "system" but keeping idle every time is not possible as I have work to do. Please give me solutions other...
  6. System causing high disk usage

System causing high disk usage: I don't want to describe anything!! See the screenshot and give me a fix. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-causing-high-disk-usage/af41e44e-be3d-49d9-85d0-816bd7639b41
  7. 100% disk usage causing constant freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% disk usage causing constant freezing: So I’ve had this issue for around a year and a half where I get 100% disk usage on either my ssd or my hard drive, and it causes applications to freeze for 1-30 seconds, it happens constantly and have tried many things to fix it(reset virtual memory, disabled windows...
  8. high disk usage and pc stuttering

high disk usage and pc stuttering: my laptop's disk usage is high always..and it stutters...system and something called behavioral detection system takes most usage is on top. What can i do also memory usage is high[ATTACH]...
  9. Intermittent Freezes Due to High Disk Usage

Intermittent Freezes Due to High Disk Usage: Hello, so I built my Windows computer about a year ago and I've been having this issue ever since and I haven't been able to fix it despite numerous attempts. The situation is that about every hour the applications on my computer will freeze for about 10 seconds. I can move...
  10. page file causes high disk usage and making my pc slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    page file causes high disk usage and making my pc slow: my pc is so slow in internet browsing and gaming because of high disk usage. i tried everything disabling show me tips about windows and superfetch, changing virtual memory, scanning for virus. and then i found out page file caused the high disk usage so i disable it,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer semi freezing high system disk usage