Windows 10: High disk usage - System - ntoskrnl.exe

Discus and support High disk usage - System - ntoskrnl.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I've noticed in task manager that System(ntoskrnl.exe) has been using a ton of my disk. I've been able to recreate this by leaving my PC alone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bombchu, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Bombchu Win User

High disk usage - System - ntoskrnl.exe

Recently I've noticed in task manager that System(ntoskrnl.exe) has been using a ton of my disk. I've been able to recreate this by leaving my PC alone for a few minutes, but that's the only time I can consistently get it to happen. It usually happens at random times and stops a minute or two afterwards, causing my PC to greatly slow down during the process. My question is, how do I solve this?

It started happening randomly, not after anything was installed or Windows updated or anything of the sort.

:)

Bombchu, Nov 13, 2018

2. System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 13, 2018
  3. LeungTeddy, Nov 13, 2018
  4. High disk usage - System - ntoskrnl.exe

System and Compressed Memory High Disk Usage

Hi Yousef,

As you are facing issues with high system memory usage on your PC, we will help you with this issue.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with CPU usage by the processes on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

These issues might occur due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

High disk usage - System - ntoskrnl.exe

1. High disk usage - System - ntoskrnl.exe - Similar Threads - High disk usage

2. NTOSKRNL SYSTEM PROCESS HIGH CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NTOSKRNL SYSTEM PROCESS HIGH CPU: SOMETIMES WHEN I KEEP MY PC ON AND NOT USING IT THE FANS START TO RAMP UP I NOTICED THAT THE SYSTEM PROCESS IN TASK MANAGER IS HOGGING 30 PERCENT OF MY CPU I DID A SFC SCANNOW IN CMD AND THERE WERE NO INTEGRITY VIOLATIONS THEN I TRIED RESTARTING THE PC THEN IT ALL WENT BACK...
  3. High CPU usage because of system ntoskrnl

High CPU usage because of system ntoskrnl: This is the screenshot of my problem. Even after resetting my windows about 5 time the problem still exist, I have already tried so many solution that now I don't know what to do any more. The CPU usage spikes to 100% many times....
  4. High "system" process disk usage

High "system" process disk usage: I am having this issue from yesterday. My computer suddenly slow down. I went to task manager and saw system process at top of task manager window. I tried lot of stuff and did not work. I updated windows some days ago. I need help ASAP cause I use this computer for class....
  5. System causing high disk usage

System causing high disk usage: I tried everything regarding this issue!!! It still causes high disk usage. It is mentionable that keeping the screen idle for some time reduces the disk usage for the "system" but keeping idle every time is not possible as I have work to do. Please give me solutions other...
  6. System causing high disk usage

System causing high disk usage: I don't want to describe anything!! See the screenshot and give me a fix. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-causing-high-disk-usage/af41e44e-be3d-49d9-85d0-816bd7639b41
  7. System ntoskrnl high cpu usage

System ntoskrnl high cpu usage: On startup the ntoskrnl process quickly begins using 30% of my cpu power without any other tasks running this wont go away although performing a restart seems to cure it, whenever I turn the pc on from cold it starts again I have done a fresh install of windows 10, gone...
  8. Ntoskrnl disk usage on secondary drive.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ntoskrnl disk usage on secondary drive.: I'm on Windows 10 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.253) and i'm getting low disk usage on my secondary (D:) and (E:) drives, the disk usage is low but it's very audible as I can hear my Hard Disk Drives reading/seeking, my OS drive is a SSD. The disk usage happens at random and...
  9. Ntoskrnl disk usage on secondary drive.

in Windows 10 Support
    Ntoskrnl disk usage on secondary drive.: I'm on Windows 10 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.253) and i'm getting low disk usage on my secondary (D:) and (E:) drives, the disk usage is low but it's very audible as I can hear my Hard Disk Drives, my OS drive is a SSD. The disk usage happens at random and is annoying. No...
  10. ntoskrnl High CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ntoskrnl High CPU usage: Hello Guys , im strugling for few days with this and no luck. ntoskrnl is constantly using 1 of cores as shown below. [img] Process name is System and compressed memory, and is pointing to ntoskrnl [img] Im using laptop Samsung np350v5c-s0dpl i7...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system high disk usage and crashes