Windows 10: high DPC from Usbport.sys 1.0 and 2.0

Discus and support high DPC from Usbport.sys 1.0 and 2.0 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been getting a lot of "DCP count" when I connect my mouse to a either a 3.0 or a 2.0 USB port. I ran latencymon and everything comes back really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Advice_pleaze, Jan 14, 2020.

1. high DPC from Usbport.sys 1.0 and 2.0

I've been getting a lot of "DCP count" when I connect my mouse to a either a 3.0 or a 2.0 USB port. I ran latencymon and everything comes back really good except a driver called Usbport.sys, it has the highest execution times, DPC count, and ISR count. When I unplug my mouse (razer deathadder 2013) everything is perfect. I've tried every port on my PC, installing windows both 10 and 7, installing bios drivers, and chipset drivers and bought a new mouse. Here are my latencymon stats: https://justpaste.it/47o2t

If anyone has any suggestions or solutions I'd be really grateful! THANKS!

submitted by /u/Advice_pleaze
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Advice_pleaze, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Macl64 Win User

High DPC/ ISR Latency

Hello community,

So by way of background, for a while now I have experienced issues regarding audio crackles and pops. This primarily occurs when using Cubase 9.5 but also exists outside of the software too, occasionally. After searching for solutions, I came across LatencyMon
    and decided to start testing (the results of which can be found below). I should add that when trying it for the past few days, I have noticed that the 'Highest measured interrupt to process latency' changes between HDAudBus.sys and Wdf01000.sys.

Steps I have taken so far:

1) The first thing I did was simply to plug out all of the USB devices that were inserted in my computer one by one. One potentially notable piece of information is that I switched audio interface very recently - from the Focusrite 2i2 to the Audient iD4.
    However, I experienced these issues with my last audio interface too. This step produced no differences.

2) I then, through device manager, disabled a huge variety of drivers one by one to see if there was a particular driver causing the issue. This primarily included network, audio and USB drivers. This step produced no differences.

3) Following this I downloaded Driver Booster and tried to update all outdated drives, of which there were many. This step produced no differences.

Pretty sure there were a few other minor things I have tried too such as disabling WiFi, antivirus and more. All produced no result.

More than happy to provide more details if necessary. Any help is greatly appreciated.

LatencyMon:

Code:
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________CONCLUSION_________________________________________________________________________________________________________Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in
     your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates. LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for  0:04:26  (h:mm:ss) on all processors._________________________________________________________________________________________________________SYSTEM INFORMATION_________________________________________________________________________________________________________Computer name:                                        DESKTOP-9TGICJAOS version:                                           Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 17134 (x64)Hardware:                                             N552VX, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.CPU:                                                  GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHzLogical processors:                                   4Processor groups:                                     1RAM:                                                  12156 MB total_________________________________________________________________________________________________________CPU SPEED_________________________________________________________________________________________________________Reported CPU speed:                                   2304 MHzNote: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results._________________________________________________________________________________________________________MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES_________________________________________________________________________________________________________The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution
     of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   2250.220222Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   5.684522Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       2190.220275Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       2.232872_________________________________________________________________________________________________________ REPORTED ISRs_________________________________________________________________________________________________________Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.Highest ISR routine execution time (µs):              149.830729Driver with highest ISR routine execution time:       HDAudBus.sys - High Definition Audio Bus Driver, Microsoft CorporationHighest reported total ISR routine time (%):          0.021921Driver with highest ISR total time:                   Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft CorporationTotal time spent in ISRs (%)                          0.023631ISR count (execution time <250 µs):                   82832ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs):                0ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs):                0ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs):              0ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs):              0ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs):                 0_________________________________________________________________________________________________________REPORTED DPCs_________________________________________________________________________________________________________DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.Highest DPC routine execution time (µs):              1638.547743Driver with highest DPC routine execution time:       Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft CorporationHighest reported total DPC routine time (%):          0.562742Driver with highest DPC total execution time:         Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft CorporationTotal time spent in DPCs (%)                          0.710236DPC count (execution time <250 µs):                   944181DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs):                0DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs):                162DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs):              4DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs):              0DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs):                 0_________________________________________________________________________________________________________ REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS_________________________________________________________________________________________________________Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from
     disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were
     hit.Process with highest pagefault count:                 winword.exeTotal number of hard pagefaults                       643Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process:          323Number of processes hit:                              18_________________________________________________________________________________________________________ PER CPU DATA_________________________________________________________________________________________________________CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       17.051465CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs):                149.830729CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.251434CPU 0 ISR count:                                      82832CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs):                1638.547743CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s):                   7.498538CPU 0 DPC count:                                      938734_________________________________________________________________________________________________________CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       6.104686CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0CPU 1 ISR count:                                      0CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs):                227.875868CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.026960CPU 1 DPC count:                                      2310_________________________________________________________________________________________________________CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       5.310433CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0CPU 2 ISR count:                                      0CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs):                203.476563CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.009951CPU 2 DPC count:                                      1081_________________________________________________________________________________________________________CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       5.152465CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0CPU 3 ISR count:                                      0CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs):                279.683160CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.021462CPU 3 DPC count:                                      2222_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Macl64, Jan 14, 2020
  3. hesthest Win User
    High DPC latency (especially ndis.sys and tpip.sys)

I've had a problem with DPC latency for several months (craks/pops/random dropouts when listening to music/sound). I recently found out about LatencyMon and let it run for about 15 minutes. The result is pasted below. I'd appreciate if you could suggest what to do next.
    Am I correct in understanding that the latency caused by ndis.sys and tpip.sys happens because I'm using a WiFi network?

Thanks in advance for your help.

LatencyMon result:

CONCLUSION
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _____
    Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
    LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:15:17 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _____
    SYSTEM INFORMATION
    Computer name: LAPTOP-C6TE2AP4
    OS version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 15063 (x64)
    Hardware: Aspire E5-575, Acer, Ironman_SK
    CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100U CPU @ 2.30GHz
    Logical processors: 4
    Processor groups: 1
    RAM: 6017 MB total

CPU SPEED
    Reported CPU speed: 2304 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
    The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 75946.154715
    Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 8.786541

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 74260.822879
    Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 4.782860

REPORTED ISRs
    Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 105.132813
    Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.033725
    Driver with highest ISR total time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.033726

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 405738
    ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
    ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0
    ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
    ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
    ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs
    DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 64763.179688
    Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: ndis.sys - Network Driver Interface Specification (NDIS), Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.586483
    Driver with highest DPC total execution time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 1.143568

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 3934747
    DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
    DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 4763
    DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 151
    DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 1095
    DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
    Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

Process with highest pagefault count: none

Total number of hard pagefaults 0
    Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 0
    Highest hard pagefault resolution time (µs): 0.0
    Total time spent in hard pagefaults (%): 0.0
    Number of processes hit: 0

PER CPU DATA
    CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 48.232684
    CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 95.488715
    CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 0.721241
    CPU 0 ISR count: 230747
    CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 64763.179688
    CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 31.977599
    CPU 0 DPC count: 3560952
    CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 24.089196
    CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 105.132813
    CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0.515896
    CPU 1 ISR count: 174985
    CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 28784.198785
    CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 5.299618
    CPU 1 DPC count: 152982
    CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 12.957132
    CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs): 5.555556
    CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0.000017
    CPU 2 ISR count: 6
    CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs): 19072.513889
    CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 3.140433
    CPU 2 DPC count: 164741
    CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 12.520489
    CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
    CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
    CPU 3 ISR count: 0
    CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs): 19002.136285
    CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 1.531277
    CPU 3 DPC count: 62538

hesthest, Jan 14, 2020
  4. malware Win User

high DPC from Usbport.sys 1.0 and 2.0

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

high DPC from Usbport.sys 1.0 and 2.0

1. high DPC from Usbport.sys 1.0 and 2.0 - Similar Threads - high DPC Usbport

2. Battery 1 : 0% and Battery 2 is charging up to 100%.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery 1 : 0% and Battery 2 is charging up to 100%.: Hello everyone I resetted device back to factory settings. It didn't helped.Nodirbek. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-1-0-and-battery-2-is-charging-up-to-100/ea9960f7-8231-4241-a3a3-3ed9bb4f917c
  3. Battery 1 : 0% and Battery 2 is charging up to 100%.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery 1 : 0% and Battery 2 is charging up to 100%.: Hello everyone I resetted device back to factory settings. It didn't helped.Nodirbek. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-1-0-and-battery-2-is-charging-up-to-100/ea9960f7-8231-4241-a3a3-3ed9bb4f917c
  4. high usage on core 0

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high usage on core 0: ive been trying to fix this issue for a while now and have no idea how and why its happening.issue:core 0 gets flooded during use causing "audio stutters" and lag spikes, so im forced to remove the affinity of high performance requiring programs from core0. image below: idle...
  5. high usage on core 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high usage on core 0: ive been trying to fix this issue for a while now and have no idea how and why its happening.issue:core 0 gets flooded during use causing "audio stutters" and lag spikes, so im forced to remove the affinity of high performance requiring programs from core0. system info:Laptop...
  6. high usage on core 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    high usage on core 0: ive been trying to fix this issue for a while now and have no idea how and why its happening.issue:core 0 gets flooded during use causing "audio stutters" and lag spikes, so im forced to remove the affinity of high performance requiring programs from core0. system info:Laptop...
  7. System interrupts always between 0 to 1% to 2% normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System interrupts always between 0 to 1% to 2% normal?: Is it ok that the proccess 'System Interrupts' keep oscillating between 0-1-2%? Or should it be always at 0%? submitted by /u/Sone3D [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jku4yz/system_interrupts_always_between_0_to_1_to_2/
  8. Transaction Failed Error 0-0-2--8

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transaction Failed Error 0-0-2--8: [ATTACH] So today Asphalt 9 just updated the latest car hunt event and I purchased the same car hunt pack 12 for Apollo N three times, my email received the receipt from Microsoft Store and my bank balance was deducted with the same number I paid for the transactions,...
  9. Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008: Hi, While trying to buy from Windows store I got an "Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008" message. Any idea how to resolve this? Vijay. [ATTACH]...
  10. 1 SSD or 2 SSD RAID-0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 SSD or 2 SSD RAID-0: In preparation for Windows 10 I plan on completely resetting my hard drive configuration since I currently have it spanning four hard drives. Right now my OS sits on a 128GB SSD while all the programs, games, photos, family videos, etc. sit on a mechanical 1TB drive. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usbport.sys latency

2. lat mpn usbport.sys

3. usbport.sys dpc count