Windows 10: High DPC Issues W10 (HDAudBus.Sys, USBPORT.SYS, ndis.sys)

Discus and support High DPC Issues W10 (HDAudBus.Sys, USBPORT.SYS, ndis.sys) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, everyone! First of all, here are my PC specs: OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 (Latest updates) CPU: AMD A10 5800k @ 4.4 GHz Motherboard: MSi FM2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Inquisitor956, Jun 22, 2016.

1. High DPC Issues W10 (HDAudBus.Sys, USBPORT.SYS, ndis.sys)

Hello, everyone!

First of all, here are my PC specs:
    • CPU: AMD A10 5800k @ 4.4 GHz
    • Motherboard: MSi FM2 A75MA-E35
    • GPU: MSi R9 380 Gaming 4g
    • RAM: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black 1866MHz
    • PSU: Silverstone Strider ST60F 600W 80+Bronze FM
    • Storage: Samsung SSD 850 Evo 250GB (Windows), WD Blue 1TB WD10EZEX (Games), WD Blue 250GB WD2500BEVT (Music and Media), 500GB Toshiba drive in external Rosewill case (Backups)

A few months ago I started noticing that my audio would "pop" from time to time when watching videos or playing games. Some time after that, it got worse, to the point where the PC freezes for a few moments before "catching up". After a lot of searching, I finally learned that it was all due to high DPC issues. Its been two weeks since I've been trying to get rid of it with no success. Thanks to the program called LatencyMon I managed to log what exactly causes the high DPC. The culprits are HDAudBus.sys, ndis.sys, and USBPORT.SYS.

I read almost everywhere that had a DPC thread, that the network driver (ndis.sys) would cause trouble when using a torrent program. However, this didn't help me at all since I almost never use qBittorent, which is the one I have installed. In terms of audio, an outdated Realtek driver would cause issues, except I'm using all the latest drivers for my motherboard. Regarding the usb related one, I read that unplugging all other usb devices other than keyboard and mouse would get rid of it. That did not help either.

I am at my wits end figuring out what could be causing these drivers to do this. I even reverted back to Windows 7 because supposedly, most drivers still didn't support Windows 10 and that was a likely culprit, except it happened on 7 as well. Lucky for me I managed to image my W10 installation so I didn't do everything in vain.

Here is a list of things I have tried already:
    • Updated drivers.
    • Fresh install of Windows 7 & 10.
    • Disabled on-board audio, network devices, and unplugged USB peripherals.
    • Disabled CPU & GPU overclock.
    • Restored BIOS to default (got rid of it for about 3 hours, then it started happening again and it no longer helps)
    • Cleaned the PC (didn't think it would help, I clean it weekly)
    • Defragged HDDs.
    • Disabled background services and apps I don't use.
    • Performed SFC scan. (No errors.)
    • Performed Memtest. (No errors.)
    • Checked health of all my drives using Crystal Disk. (Only the Toshiba drive shows a 'Caution' warning due to some Reallocated Sectors, but seeing as how I use it as an external drive for some backups not currently on the cloud, I ignore it)
    • Re-seated CPU, RAM, GPU.
    • Made sure all components were receiving adequate power.
    • Made sure all components were in working condition and not prone to failure.

I really have no idea what else to do. Its driving me crazy! I can't watch Netflix, I get killed often in BF4 because of it, youtube videos stutter a lot (though not as much as Netflix), and if I have multiple applications open at the same time, it becomes worse. I know its not a voltage problem with the CPU, 1.35v at stock and 1.41 for my OC, GPU is at stock voltage, as well as RAM.

I have included links to 3 LatencyMon reports. Maybe it will give you guys some insight. The reports say I'm running Windows 8, but I am really running 10 Pro x64. I appreciate any and all help!

Report #1 - Ran for 00:29:11
    Report #2 - Ran for 00:00:30
    Report #3 - Ran for 00:03:30

:)

Inquisitor956, Jun 22, 2016
  2. EckiS Win User

Very high DPC latency on Win10 in ndis.sys

there was a post with the same problem:

ndis.sys- High DPC latenecy / High DPC CPU usage

which was fixed by disabling power management for the network adapter.

EckiS, Jun 22, 2016
  3. High latency after Windows 10 upgrade

LatencyMon is showing these drivers/programs having highest latency:

- USBPORT.SYS (USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver)

- ataport.SYS (ATAPI Driver Extension)

- dxgkrnl.sys (DirectX Graphics Kernel)

- nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel mode Driver)

- ntoskrnl.exe (NT Krenel & System)

- ndis.sys (Network Driver Interface Specification [NDIS]

- CLASSPNP.SYS (SCSI Class System Dll)

- HDAudBus.sys (High Definition Audio Bus Driver)

- tcpip.sys (managing program for TCP/IP)

Matej Bernatović, Jun 22, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

High DPC Issues W10 (HDAudBus.Sys, USBPORT.SYS, ndis.sys)

Hi there are many threads on 'stutter' 'crackle' on exactly this- please search the forum. Some people find solutions, others don't. One of the most common is related to Bitdefender port scans.

Here's just one for you:
    Solved Sound Crackles - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Jun 25, 2016
  5. Hi!

Thank you for linking me to that thread. However, I've gone through quite a few of these threads in the past, and because none of the recommendations in them worked for me, I decided to register and start this thread and link to my logs, hoping perhaps there is something specific in my system.

The thread you linked me to worked for the person because of Bitdefender, however I use Avast, which is another reason why it didn't help me. I do not have any port scanning software because I use a physical firewall.

Thank you!

Inquisitor956, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

High DPC Issues W10 (HDAudBus.Sys, USBPORT.SYS, ndis.sys)

1. High DPC Issues W10 (HDAudBus.Sys, USBPORT.SYS, ndis.sys) - Similar Threads - High DPC Issues

2. high dpc latency with following drivers: wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and rspll64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high dpc latency with following drivers: wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and rspll64.sys: I run my laptop for real-time audio processing, but after many optimizations I still get glitches, culprit drivers are :1- wdf01000.sys2- ntoskrnl.exe3- rspll64.sysAll 3 above drivers have very high dpc latency which is affecting the operation of my audio software.What can I...
  3. High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys

High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys: Hello, I am posting this regarding a problem that I ran across in my laptop at the beginning of august 2019, the problem is that I am getting high DPC Latency levels that are apparently caused by wdf01000.sys according to the latency checking program, latencymon. I really...
  4. SYSTEM_EXCEPTION(dxgmms2.sys

SYSTEM_EXCEPTION(dxgmms2.sys: why Iam I getting this error????????SYSTEM_EXCEPTION(dxgmms2.sys) when Iam playing euro truck on my computer and how can i fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/systemexceptiondxgmms2sys/5925ee55-ab6e-462e-953c-c17bd12cee33
  5. dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dxgmms2.sys: While gaming I get this crash in blue screen dxgmms2.sys I have an Nvidia gts 450 gpu 4gb ram intel i3 2100 motherboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dxgmms2sys/d4b72fca-ae42-4ea6-9a2e-3b25b396ca62
  6. BSOD:l1c63x64.sys

BSOD:l1c63x64.sys: Since I replaced my HHD,BSOD happened. Please help me. Attachment 69284 43970
  7. BSOD L1C63x64.sys

BSOD L1C63x64.sys: Heya guys, this is my first post here *Smile. I just had like 3 or 4 BSODs in these last two days, never had any. I just updated my Atheros 8151 PCI-e driver from Network adapter->properties->update driver. I'm not sure if it is the cause, so I used the tool and attached...
  8. Wdf01000.sys system.service.exception

Wdf01000.sys system.service.exception: Hello, I have a MSI Ge70 pro apache with an operating system windows 10, after deleting malware with the ZHPcleaner software and restart my computer, I found myself in front of a blue screen which after analysis to restart the computer to have the Same blue screen with as...
  9. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...
  10. wdf01000.sys system.service.exception

in Windows 10 Support
    wdf01000.sys system.service.exception: Hello, I have a MSI GE70 pro apache with an operating system windows 10, after removing the malware with ZHPcleaner software and restart my computer I found myself in front of a blue screen that after an analysise and restart The computer to have the blue Same screen with...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdaudbus.sys kill

2. hdaudbus latency

3. HDAUDBUS HIGH DPC

4. storport.sys latency,
  5. hdaudbus.sys issue latency,
  6. windows 10 usbport.sys 1.0 _2.0 port driver,
  7. usbport.sys update windows 10,
  8. hdaudbus.sys using high cpu,
  9. dpc issue usbport.sys