Windows 10: High DPC Latency causes extremely sound stuttering!

Discus and support High DPC Latency causes extremely sound stuttering! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Guys, recently I updated Windows to 1909 and an old problem re-appeared again. Having some High DPC Latency mainly due to graphics driver and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnIv, Dec 27, 2019.

1. JohnIv Win User

High DPC Latency causes extremely sound stuttering!

Hello Guys, recently I updated Windows to 1909 and an old problem re-appeared again.
    Having some High DPC Latency mainly due to graphics driver and secondly due to USB port.
    The last time I had this problem, if I can remember way before 1709, I had found a solution by setting the minimum processor state to 100% in the power plan options. Now I do the same, but the problem still remains!!

Can someone please figure out what's going on? It's really annoying thing and I can't get rid of it.
    I'm also attaching you a latency report to see what's going on. Thanks in advance!!

:)

JohnIv, Dec 27, 2019

2. High DPC latency causing audio stutters

Quite different hardware but this may have your attention.

Sound artifacts and high DPC latency seemingly related to storport driver can be caused by switching between Cx power saving processor states. My pci-express add-on soundcard works correctly only if C states greater than C1 are disabled:

High DPC Latency causes extremely sound stuttering! [​IMG]

If you want to give it a try, see your mobo manual:

muchomurka, Dec 27, 2019
  3. BenBriggs Win User
    High DPC latency causing audio stutters

This is latency mon while my system is idling:
    Attachment 226387

This is latency mon while I've opened chrome&Steam:

BenBriggs, Dec 27, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

High DPC latency causing audio stutters

Does Latency Mon show hard page faults (and what device)?
    That seems to be the biggest item.
    Run Latency Mon and the post the overall screen (mine is shown below).

fireberd, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

1. High DPC Latency causes extremely sound stuttering! - Similar Threads - High DPC Latency

2. ACPI.SYS Causing Extremely High DPC Latency With Audio Playback Pops/Snaps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ACPI.SYS Causing Extremely High DPC Latency With Audio Playback Pops/Snaps: Ive been reading through the supposed "fixes" to this problem by browsing through the posts here, but none of them work, Have microsoft come up with a fix for this problem yet? LATENCYMON reports extremely high latency of the ACPI.SYS driver which renders my MSI STEALTH GS66...
  3. Ndis.sys causing high dpc latency and stuttering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ndis.sys causing high dpc latency and stuttering: My Windows is completely up to date, though I was having this issue even before I updated it to the latest version a couple days ago. Used Latencymon to figure out what was going on and ndis.sys seemed to be the culprit, it recommended disabling the WLAN adapter but I kind of...
  4. Extreme DPC Latency issues with unknown cause.

Extreme DPC Latency issues with unknown cause.: Hi all.About a month ago, I started having DPC latency issues. It has made this past week absolute hell.I've explored several different forums, troubleshooted every imaginable cause I can think of, and have had my workflow heavily impeded by this issue as it renders Blender...
  5. Extremely high DPC Latency Screenshots Included

Extremely high DPC Latency Screenshots Included: When I start up my PC, everything runs smoothly. After a few hours however usually after I've stopped using it and then come back any game or 3D application I run stutters horribly and audio crackles with the stutters. I have tried; Cleanly uninstalling and reinstalling all...
  6. ACPI.sys is causing Audio Stuttering and High DPC Latency

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ACPI.sys is causing Audio Stuttering and High DPC Latency: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7577 Laptop and after formatting it once, I started getting very High DPC Latency issues with ACPI.sys. [ATTACH] Solutions I've already tried: Uninstalling Microsoft ACPI-Complaint Control Method Battery Formatting Uninstalling Network...
  7. Extremely high sound latency issues

Extremely high sound latency issues: I'm having major sound latency issues, and I think I have isolated it to my SSD, I'm just not sure how to fix it at this point. I have run LatencyMod and this is the report I get. Right now, storahci.sys seems to be the main culprit:...
  8. High DPC latency causing audio stutters

High DPC latency causing audio stutters: Build: i5 8600k 4.5ghz. 1x sandisk 120gb ssd. (boot drive, clean install of windows and latest update.) 1x samsung 860 Evo 1TB ssd. Z370 HD3 Gigabyte Mobo. GTX 1080 ROG. 2x 2666mhz DDR4 Corsair ram. I've tried absolutely everything, disabling hpet, changing power...
  9. high dpc latency causing audio stuttering

high dpc latency causing audio stuttering: i ran latencymon and did a trace, but am unsure how to procede 40843
  10. Sound Distortion Possibly Caused by High DPC Latency

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound Distortion Possibly Caused by High DPC Latency: Hello. I have had this issue for a while now and I have not figured out a way to stop it. I have tried reinstalling windows and have updated drivers, but nothing seems to work. DPC latency checker stats are below. [img] Thank you. 81909