Windows 10: High DPC latency causing audio pops and clicks

Discus and support High DPC latency causing audio pops and clicks in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently installed some new hardware (CPU, motherboard and memory) and did a clean Windows 10 installation. Since then both my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HansTN, Dec 15, 2018.

1. HansTN Win User

High DPC latency causing audio pops and clicks

I recently installed some new hardware (CPU, motherboard and memory) and did a clean Windows 10 installation. Since then both my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and on-board sound device have been giving me trouble.

I've tried various solutions mentioned in other threads about DPC latency but nothing seems to work. I'm really at a loss here, anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this?

System specifications:

Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 17763 (x64)
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600
    RAM 16316MB

High DPC latency causing audio pops and clicks 8a2c1c45-9504-419f-af38-acf955e6c4c3?upload=true.jpg

:)

HansTN, Dec 15, 2018

2. Windows 10 High Dpc Latency

I'm on windows 10 and i know that i'm getting dpc latency cause of the audio skipping and popping sometimes while gaming or browsing the web

donnieadler, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Audio stuttering/buzzing and storport.sys high dpc latency

I've only had this audio issue for a few weeks already after I did a custom windows 10 install bc of a previous problem. I've also posted twice about this but no one has helped me yet. I'll post the following possible solutions and suggestions that
    I've already done to avoid repeated answers

I did: audio troubleshooter, uninstalled then reinstalled audio drivers, disabled audio enhancements and tried different audio quality under the advanced tab.

After more searching online I tried using DPC Latency Checker (and then LatencyMon to be more detailed) since I read that having high dpc latency can cause problems with real time audio among other things. Apparently
    storport.sys is the problem? I literally just have basic knowledge about anything regarding this kind of stuff and I don't have any clue on how to fix this so I just hope someone can help me and give me steps by steps suggestions on how I can solve this. my
    audio has just been driving me crazy with those stuttering sounds and I don't want it to worsen.

I would also like to know if having
    Ricoh SD/MMC Host Controller
    and nothing else aside from that, under
    IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
    , is okay and won't cause problems?

please, I hope someone can help and answer this time around!

CeriWilliams1, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Alden Rey Win User

High DPC Latency with System Audio Through Audio Interface.

Hi,

The concern you have encountered may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting.

Many audio problems on a computer can be caused by DPC latency. DPC stands for Deferred Procedure Call. In its simplest form, it is the part of your Windows system that handles driver efficiency. If there is a driver that is taking longer than normal to
    process, it may prevent other drivers from being processed in time. The worst case is that it can cause your audio interface driver from responding in time and can cause clicks, pops, distortion and dropouts.

We suggest to update the driver of your audio card. Generally speaking, updated drivers deliver better functionality and improved performance. For the most part, you certainly want to upgrade your drivers unless you have a very specific reason for not wanting
    to do so. To perform the task, simply follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa on this
    link.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

1. High DPC latency causing audio pops and clicks - Similar Threads - High DPC latency

2. High DPC latency / Sound pops and clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High DPC latency / Sound pops and clicks: Heyho technical support,maybe You can help me. What i tried so far:- Update all drivers- deactivated non Microsoft related services msconfigs, services and starts- bought a new soundcard- Updated Bios and changed CPU Power- and a lot more things i can't even rememberOnly...
  3. High DPC latency / Sound pops and clicks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High DPC latency / Sound pops and clicks: Heyho technical support,maybe You can help me. What i tried so far:- Update all drivers- deactivated non Microsoft related services msconfigs, services and starts- bought a new soundcard- Updated Bios and changed CPU Power- and a lot more things i can't even rememberOnly...
  4. High DPC latency / Sound pops and clicks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. High DPC latency causing audio pops

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High DPC latency causing audio pops: Since I bought my laptop I can hear random popping sounds while playing a Youtube video, it doesn't happen frequently so I decided to let it pass. Some days ago I decided to get to the root of the problem and I found it was due to a high DPC latency.I have updated my drivers...
  6. High DPC latency from acpi.sys causing audio clicks and pops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High DPC latency from acpi.sys causing audio clicks and pops: I have audio popping. All drivers and BIOS are latest. LatencyMon stats: _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CONCLUSION...
  7. High DPC latency from acpi.sys causing audio clicks and pops

High DPC latency from acpi.sys causing audio clicks and pops: Has anyone found a definitive fix for this? I am encountering an issue with DPC latency causing clicking and popping when trying to record using multi-track audio software (in my case Presonus StudioOne, but exact same issue reported by countless others I've read on other...
  8. High DPC latency causing audio stutters

High DPC latency causing audio stutters: Build: i5 8600k 4.5ghz. 1x sandisk 120gb ssd. (boot drive, clean install of windows and latest update.) 1x samsung 860 Evo 1TB ssd. Z370 HD3 Gigabyte Mobo. GTX 1080 ROG. 2x 2666mhz DDR4 Corsair ram. I've tried absolutely everything, disabling hpet, changing power...
  9. High DPC latency causing audio pops and clicks

High DPC latency causing audio pops and clicks: I recently installed some new hardware (CPU, motherboard and memory) and did a clean Windows 10 installation. Since then both my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and on-board sound device have been giving me trouble. I've tried various solutions mentioned in other threads about DPC...
  10. high dpc latency causing audio stuttering

high dpc latency causing audio stuttering: i ran latencymon and did a trace, but am unsure how to procede 40843