Windows 10: High DPC latency causing audio pops

Discus and support High DPC latency causing audio pops in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since I bought my laptop I can hear random popping sounds while playing a Youtube video, it doesn't happen frequently so I decided to let it pass.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Álvaro Rodríguez Santos, Jul 27, 2021.

1. High DPC latency causing audio pops

Since I bought my laptop I can hear random popping sounds while playing a Youtube video, it doesn't happen frequently so I decided to let it pass. Some days ago I decided to get to the root of the problem and I found it was due to a high DPC latency.I have updated my drivers and my BIOS is updated too. I have tried literally everything in power management. I have disabled and enabled intel turbo boost and c-states, nothing works

:)

Álvaro Rodríguez Santos, Jul 27, 2021

2. High DPC latency causing audio stutters

Quite different hardware but this may have your attention.

Sound artifacts and high DPC latency seemingly related to storport driver can be caused by switching between Cx power saving processor states. My pci-express add-on soundcard works correctly only if C states greater than C1 are disabled:

High DPC latency causing audio pops [​IMG]

If you want to give it a try, see your mobo manual:

muchomurka, Jul 27, 2021
  3. BenBriggs Win User
    High DPC latency causing audio stutters

This is latency mon while my system is idling:
    Attachment 226387

This is latency mon while I've opened chrome&Steam:

BenBriggs, Jul 27, 2021
  4. fireberd Win User

High DPC latency causing audio pops

High DPC latency causing audio stutters

Does Latency Mon show hard page faults (and what device)?
    That seems to be the biggest item.
    Run Latency Mon and the post the overall screen (mine is shown below).

fireberd, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

High DPC latency causing audio pops

1. High DPC latency causing audio pops - Similar Threads - High DPC latency

2. ACPI.SYS Causing Extremely High DPC Latency With Audio Playback Pops/Snaps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ACPI.SYS Causing Extremely High DPC Latency With Audio Playback Pops/Snaps: Ive been reading through the supposed "fixes" to this problem by browsing through the posts here, but none of them work, Have microsoft come up with a fix for this problem yet? LATENCYMON reports extremely high latency of the ACPI.SYS driver which renders my MSI STEALTH GS66...
  3. ACPI.SYS Causing Extremely High DPC Latency With Audio Playback Pops/Snaps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ACPI.SYS Causing Extremely High DPC Latency With Audio Playback Pops/Snaps: Ive been reading through the supposed "fixes" to this problem by browsing through the posts here, but none of them work, Have microsoft come up with a fix for this problem yet? LATENCYMON reports extremely high latency of the ACPI.SYS driver which renders my MSI STEALTH GS66...
  4. High DPC latency from acpi.sys causing audio clicks and pops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High DPC latency from acpi.sys causing audio clicks and pops: I have audio popping. All drivers and BIOS are latest. LatencyMon stats: _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CONCLUSION...
  5. ACPI.sys is causing Audio Stuttering and High DPC Latency

ACPI.sys is causing Audio Stuttering and High DPC Latency: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7577 Laptop and after formatting it once, I started getting very High DPC Latency issues with ACPI.sys. [ATTACH] Solutions I've already tried: Uninstalling Microsoft ACPI-Complaint Control Method Battery Formatting Uninstalling Network...
  6. High DPC latency from acpi.sys causing audio clicks and pops

High DPC latency from acpi.sys causing audio clicks and pops: Has anyone found a definitive fix for this? I am encountering an issue with DPC latency causing clicking and popping when trying to record using multi-track audio software (in my case Presonus StudioOne, but exact same issue reported by countless others I've read on other...
  7. High DPC latency causing audio stutters

High DPC latency causing audio stutters: Build: i5 8600k 4.5ghz. 1x sandisk 120gb ssd. (boot drive, clean install of windows and latest update.) 1x samsung 860 Evo 1TB ssd. Z370 HD3 Gigabyte Mobo. GTX 1080 ROG. 2x 2666mhz DDR4 Corsair ram. I've tried absolutely everything, disabling hpet, changing power...
  8. High DPC latency causing audio pops and clicks

High DPC latency causing audio pops and clicks: I recently installed some new hardware (CPU, motherboard and memory) and did a clean Windows 10 installation. Since then both my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and on-board sound device have been giving me trouble. I've tried various solutions mentioned in other threads about DPC...
  9. High DPC latency causing audio pops and clicks

High DPC latency causing audio pops and clicks: I recently installed some new hardware (CPU, motherboard and memory) and did a clean Windows 10 installation. Since then both my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and on-board sound device have been giving me trouble. I've tried various solutions mentioned in other threads about DPC...
  10. high dpc latency causing audio stuttering

high dpc latency causing audio stuttering: i ran latencymon and did a trace, but am unsure how to procede 40843