Windows 10: high dpc latency causing audio stuttering

Discus and support high dpc latency causing audio stuttering in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i ran latencymon and did a trace, but am unsure how to procede 40843 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FreelandA, Feb 13, 2016.

1. FreelandA Win User

high dpc latency causing audio stuttering

i ran latencymon and did a trace, but am unsure how to procede

:)

FreelandA, Feb 13, 2016

2. Extremely high DPC Latency from Directx Graphics Kernel since Anniversary Update.

Thanks for writing. In addition to your observation, I did clean Windows install and added drivers one by one.

When I installed my AMD Graphics driver...bingo problem is back with stuttering audio and high DPC latency ranges from 1500 to 2500 and sometimes very high. I used AMD Clean Up utility and problem was gone.

So, this Anniversary Update is not friendly with my AMD graphics drivers(especially SOund).

At moment I am stuck, but surely will look for a solution lately.

GypsySoul13, Feb 13, 2016
  3. ErmineMD Win User
    Windows 10 DPC latency issue with ndis & tcpip.sys

I can not confirm that LatencyMon, DPC Latency Checker or xperf can produce DPC latency peaks themselves. I have been using these programs for one and a half years. I left LatencyMon and DPC Latency Checker open for a couple of days many times. Torrent clients
    is the only type of programs (besides crazy pings) that produce more than 60 ms peaks (and sound stutters) themselves on my three very different PCs. A process latency peak can appear if I close a pretty large application (screenshot
    – it’s a Task manager’s Memory tab, LatencyMon and DPC Latency Checker). Backup programs cause small unnoticeable peaks too.

By the way. It makes sense to put LatencyMon’s temporary file rspDisMonLog.etl to a small RAM disk using a symlink.

ErmineMD, Feb 13, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

It is most likely a driver problem.

Thema:

1. high dpc latency causing audio stuttering - Similar Threads - high dpc latency

2. High dpc latency causing audio crackling/lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High dpc latency causing audio crackling/lag: Hello I have been having audio issues ever since I got a new Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd gen and a Shure SM7B + cloudlifter. It started off with crackling every couple minutes and then started getting worse and worse as time went on. I thought it mightve been a hardware thing...
  3. High dpc latency causing audio crackling/lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High dpc latency causing audio crackling/lag: Hello I have been having audio issues ever since I got a new Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd gen and a Shure SM7B + cloudlifter. It started off with crackling every couple minutes and then started getting worse and worse as time went on. I thought it mightve been a hardware thing...
  4. Ndis.sys causing high dpc latency and stuttering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ndis.sys causing high dpc latency and stuttering: My Windows is completely up to date, though I was having this issue even before I updated it to the latest version a couple days ago. Used Latencymon to figure out what was going on and ndis.sys seemed to be the culprit, it recommended disabling the WLAN adapter but I kind of...
  5. High DPC latency causing audio pops

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High DPC latency causing audio pops: Since I bought my laptop I can hear random popping sounds while playing a Youtube video, it doesn't happen frequently so I decided to let it pass. Some days ago I decided to get to the root of the problem and I found it was due to a high DPC latency.I have updated my drivers...
  6. ACPI.sys is causing Audio Stuttering and High DPC Latency

ACPI.sys is causing Audio Stuttering and High DPC Latency: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7577 Laptop and after formatting it once, I started getting very High DPC Latency issues with ACPI.sys. [ATTACH] Solutions I've already tried: Uninstalling Microsoft ACPI-Complaint Control Method Battery Formatting Uninstalling Network...
  7. High DPC Latency causes extremely sound stuttering!

High DPC Latency causes extremely sound stuttering!: Hello Guys, recently I updated Windows to 1909 and an old problem re-appeared again. Having some High DPC Latency mainly due to graphics driver and secondly due to USB port. The last time I had this problem, if I can remember way before 1709, I had found a solution by...
  8. High DPC latency causing audio stutters

High DPC latency causing audio stutters: Build: i5 8600k 4.5ghz. 1x sandisk 120gb ssd. (boot drive, clean install of windows and latest update.) 1x samsung 860 Evo 1TB ssd. Z370 HD3 Gigabyte Mobo. GTX 1080 ROG. 2x 2666mhz DDR4 Corsair ram. I've tried absolutely everything, disabling hpet, changing power...
  9. High DPC latency causing audio pops and clicks

High DPC latency causing audio pops and clicks: I recently installed some new hardware (CPU, motherboard and memory) and did a clean Windows 10 installation. Since then both my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and on-board sound device have been giving me trouble. I've tried various solutions mentioned in other threads about DPC...
  10. High DPC latency causing audio pops and clicks

High DPC latency causing audio pops and clicks: I recently installed some new hardware (CPU, motherboard and memory) and did a clean Windows 10 installation. Since then both my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and on-board sound device have been giving me trouble. I've tried various solutions mentioned in other threads about DPC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yoga 920 dpc latency