Windows 10: High DPC latency from acpi.sys on HP Envy

Discus and support High DPC latency from acpi.sys on HP Envy in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; <p>Hi, I know this has been discussed before, but thought I would just raise a flag. </p><p>I took delivery this morning of a new&nbsp;HP ENVY Laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rogerl_uk, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Rogerl_uk Win User

High DPC latency from acpi.sys on HP Envy

<p>Hi, I know this has been discussed before, but thought I would just raise a flag. </p><p>I took delivery this morning of a new&nbsp;HP ENVY Laptop 17-cg1000na 2020 Edition with NVIDIA&reg; GeForce&reg; MX450 and the first app I loaded was LatencyMon. Having disabled the network driver it still reported high DPC latency because of the ACPI driver! The highest execution time on ACPI.sys was 1.89ms which is more than 3x the next worst driver.</p><p></p><p>As this is a Microsoft driver is this going to be an issue for all Windows laptops for real-time music production and gaming?</p><p></p><p>Your thoughts would be appreciated, especially from MIcrosoft about why this long-standing issue cannot be resolved.</p><p></p><p></p>

:)

Rogerl_uk, Nov 17, 2020

2. High DPC latency

I use my Dell XPS for recording and live playback but the system suffers from high DPC latency caused by ACPI driver.

I removed Dell audio drivers and installed those from RealTek with no avail. Latency is an issue because I need this computer for live recording. Please your advice.

ChaundraRaddatz, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Le Jester Win User
    High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys

Hello,

I am posting this regarding a problem that I ran across in my laptop at the beginning of august 2019, the problem is that I am getting high DPC Latency levels that are apparently caused by wdf01000.sys according to the latency checking
    program, latencymon.

I really want to know if there is a fix since I have browsed a wide range of sites trying to find a fix, I could not find any. And also my keyboard stopped working for some reason, if its ok I would like to find a fix for that, but
    I prioritize fixing the high latency over the keyboard.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Le Jester, Nov 17, 2020
  4. High DPC latency from acpi.sys on HP Envy

DPC Latency High

Hi,

Check these:

Solving DPC Latency Issues - Download Latency Monitor and DPC Latency Checker

Solving DPC Latency Issues | Sweetwater

DPC Latency Checker

Troubleshoot Driver Problems Using DPC Latency Checker | Free Easy-to-Follow Windows Tutorials

DPC Latency Checker - Download

http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

High DPC latency from acpi.sys on HP Envy

1. High DPC latency from acpi.sys on HP Envy - Similar Threads - High DPC latency

2. Having High DPC Latency From storport.sys and ndis.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having High DPC Latency From storport.sys and ndis.sys: Hi thereFor a while now I have noticed when I'm playing games I receive audio dropouts followed by freezes at a significant regularity. I have recently downloaded LatencyMon and it appears it is coming from storport.sys and ndis.sys. I have researched for hours trying to...
  3. Having High DPC Latency From storport.sys and ndis.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having High DPC Latency From storport.sys and ndis.sys: Hi thereFor a while now I have noticed when I'm playing games I receive audio dropouts followed by freezes at a significant regularity. I have recently downloaded LatencyMon and it appears it is coming from storport.sys and ndis.sys. I have researched for hours trying to...
  4. high dpc latency with following drivers: wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and rspll64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high dpc latency with following drivers: wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and rspll64.sys: I run my laptop for real-time audio processing, but after many optimizations I still get glitches, culprit drivers are :1- wdf01000.sys2- ntoskrnl.exe3- rspll64.sysAll 3 above drivers have very high dpc latency which is affecting the operation of my audio software.What can I...
  5. DPC latency, caused by wdf01000.sys latency.

DPC latency, caused by wdf01000.sys latency.: Hi, I'm looking for a fix for this windows latency issue. I am experiencing high latency and interrupts due to windows drivers specifically "wdf01000.sys, kernal mode driver framework runtime." You can see this from the screenshot of the latency monitor check. [IMG]...
  6. High DPC Latency

High DPC Latency: Hi everyone! Lately, I've been facing such a high DPC latency and it's annoying so much. I'm currently using an Inspiron 14 5458 with Windows 1909. Drivers are all updated I used latencymon to check what was wrong and I see something wrong with ACPI.sys and ndis.sys. I...
  7. High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys

High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys: Hello, I am posting this regarding a problem that I ran across in my laptop at the beginning of august 2019, the problem is that I am getting high DPC Latency levels that are apparently caused by wdf01000.sys according to the latency checking program, latencymon. I really...
  8. High DPC latency

in Windows 10 Customization
    High DPC latency: I use my Dell XPS for recording and live playback but the system suffers from high DPC latency caused by ACPI driver. I removed Dell audio drivers and installed those from RealTek with no avail. Latency is an issue because I need this computer for live recording. Please your...
  9. High DPC/ ISR Latency

High DPC/ ISR Latency: Hello community, So by way of background, for a while now I have experienced issues regarding audio crackles and pops. This primarily occurs when using Cubase 9.5 but also exists outside of the software too, occasionally. After searching for solutions, I came across...
  10. DPC latency tests. High latency?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPC latency tests. High latency?: Hello *Smile I have done some latency tests on my computer after I began to get some audio popping in my headphones. I have had this problem for a few months now. I cant seem to understand if my results are okay or not, which is why Im asking you. No games was running while...