Windows 10: High-DPI Scaling Improvements for Apps in Windows 10 Creators Update

Discus and support High-DPI Scaling Improvements for Apps in Windows 10 Creators Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In the previous blog post about High-dots-per-inch (DPI) scaling improvements, we talk about how desktop applications can be blurry or sized... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

High-DPI Scaling Improvements for Apps in Windows 10 Creators Update

Source: High-DPI Scaling Improvements for Desktop Applications in the Windows 10 Creators Update - Building Apps for Windows

See also: Change Compatibility Mode Settings for Apps in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 3, 2017
  2. Entegy Win User

Blurry text when using windows applications

It's possible that laptop has a screen with a very high resolution, so scaling your screen content needs to happen. These are called high-DPI screens.

Microsoft is slowly rolling out a new feature update to Windows 10 called the Creators Update. One of its improvements is better support for high-DPI screens in apps like Device Manager.

If you're feeling confident, you can force the download of the Creators Update

here
    . Otherwise, you can wait until it's offered to your normally via Windows Update.

Entegy, Apr 3, 2017
  3. Apps still blurry after DPI change on Fall Creators Update

So I've updated my Surface Pro 4 to Fall Creators and the much touted fix for high DPI screen doesn't seem to be there.

When I change screen from high dpi to low dpi or back, there's no longer red warning in display settings that you need to sign out to fix some applications. When I restart legacy apps they come back as blurry as ever though. There's no improvement. If anything
    the scaling seems even worse than it worse (more blurry).

Is anyone else seeing this too?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / General

Marcin Wiśnicki, Apr 3, 2017
  4. Fafhrd Win User

At Last!

Now they talk about it!

How long have users complained of blurry text in Microsoft apps on Windows 7, 8, or 10?

And the excuses given by Microsoft?

as recent as 2013 - from:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...rry-in-my-apps

And the usual fob-off from 2009:

Windows 7 is BlurryFuzzy for me... - Microsoft Community

By the way, isn't the article presented in a remarkably clear format?

Fafhrd, Apr 3, 2017
  5. Does this mean virtual instruments (Vst) will scale properly, finally? Also does this now allow java aoftware to scale properly? I wasn't going to update but if they add useful features like this vs just new ways force crapware on our computers no one asked for, microsoft might be on the right track.

Torrentula81, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. High-DPI Scaling Improvements for Apps in Windows 10 Creators Update - Similar Threads - High DPI Scaling

2. High DPI Scaling Issue with Power BI Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High DPI Scaling Issue with Power BI Desktop: I've started experiencing a high DPI scaling issue for the past two months with just one app on Windows 10 20H2, which ironically is developed by Microsoft: Power BI Desktop. I have HP Elitebook 840 G3 laptop connected to Eizo monitor with 2560x1440 resolution and 150%...
  3. High DPI scaling override setting won't stick

in Windows 10 Customization
    High DPI scaling override setting won't stick: I'm on Windows 10 20H2, and having trouble with the high DPI scaling override setting for a game Cyberpunk. I change the setting to perform scaling with the System, and it works perfectly, but when I exit the game, the setting resets box unticked. Which means I have to set it...
  4. High-DPI-awareness scaling factors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High-DPI-awareness scaling factors: Hello, all Whan I check the value of GetSystemMetricsSM_CXSCREEN on a high-DPI device with Widnows 10, I see that the ratio between virtual and physical pixels is exactly two: GetSystemMetricsSM_CXSCREEN == 2736; // high-DPI-aware GetSystemMetricsSM_CXSCREEN == 1368;...
  5. Mass set High DPI scaling override

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mass set High DPI scaling override: [ATTACH] I just recently got a 1440p monitor, but the rest of mine are still on 1080p, and because of Windows scaling Issues I tried changing these settings. They do help, but it's annoying to do this for every application. Is there a way to mass change these settings for...
  6. Toggle Override High DPI Scaling Behavior for *ALL apps* on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toggle Override High DPI Scaling Behavior for *ALL apps* on: My laptop screen is 15.6 inches in size, and its resolution is 1920x1080, thus windows is reccomending me to keep the screen scale at 125%, because if I keep it at 100% everything will be zoomed out: tiny and hard to read. However, if I keep it at 125% all apps are going to...
  7. Display scale, high dpi settings etc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display scale, high dpi settings etc: Hi, i have a laptop with 3000x2000 screen resolution and a 1366x768 monitor, when i use the monitor some apps like Davinci resolve and inkscape show weird zoomed resolutions, does it have a way to plug and play my monitor withouth those resolution issues? using high dpi i...
  8. Disable dpi scaling for high Dpi for programs doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Disable dpi scaling for high Dpi for programs doesn't work.: Hi guys, i really hope that here someone can help me. I'm trying for 2 days to get windows 10 works corrrectly with dpi scaling but nothing. After installation everything is fine but after a while, and some programs installed, something goes wrong. I use rocketdock like dock...
  9. High DPI scaling

in Windows 10 Support
    High DPI scaling: Hey, I bought a 4k screen yesterday and I have this annoying issue with scaling. In 100% I can't see anything, so the solution is windows scaling. The issue is that a lot of programs doesn't work well with this method and makes the app almost unusable. Example:...
  10. Improving high-DPI experience in GDI based Desktop Apps

in Windows 10 News
    Improving high-DPI experience in GDI based Desktop Apps: In recent years, High-DPI displays have become common. Having a lot more pixels to display your application on seems like a simple recipe for crisper graphics but, counterintuitively, the opposite is often the case. Many applications were written without taking the DPI of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new api for resolution and scaling in windows10

2. canenablepermonitorawareness